Key 'iPhone 6s' upgrades reaffirmed to be Force Touch, rose gold color, improved cameras & Touch ID

Comments

• Reply 21 of 84
    The whole article should be wrapped up in a "Spoilers" section. Lest we all feel disappointed by what is unveiled on Sept 9 because "yeah, I didn't see that coming. /s"
  • Reply 22 of 84
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    macapfel wrote: »

My thoughts exactly. Force touch seems like a nice thing to have, but certainly no reason at all to upgrade.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to sell FT short. And there may be some amazing stuff Apple does with it but I'm not convinced Apple will make it THE marquee feature of the new phones. They didn't do it with the watch, they won't with the phone either.
  • Reply 23 of 84
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Echoing previous rumors, Kuo believes the rear-facing camera will gain a resolution bump to 12 megapixels, while the front-facing shooter will rise to 5 megapixels.

I'd like to see at least f/2.0 for the rear-facing camera. Still may happen, since the camera will be new, and this kind of detail isn't as newsworthy as going to 12 megapixels.

• Reply 24 of 84
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 2,000member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by KidRock2199 View Post

I had my 4 and one Otter Box case for it for two years before getting the 5, no problems. And the best part, I got to KEEP my phone and do with it as I pleased.

You know, you don't HAVE to trade in on the AT&T Next plan.  You can go the full term of the installment loan and KEEP your phone and do with it as you please, and just get a NEW phone on a new installment plan...   There is no "lease" of the phone.  It is a simple, interest free installment loan plan, with a provision for early trade in.

• Reply 25 of 84

Currently running a 5S, skipped the 6, will probably pick up the 6s, mostly for the extra capacity and better camera.

• Reply 26 of 84
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmz View Post

You continue to have no idea what you're talking about. Last year began the first big wave of customers using programs like NEXT and EDGE instead of subsidies to purchase their iPhones. All of those people will be able to upgrade this year via trade in with their program....without having to pay through the nose to make it happen. Unlike previous years where upgrading every 12 months would cost you A LOT more than most were willing to pay.

No, you will now begin to see more year over year upgrades than ever before.

Well he does (accidentally) have a point. With the majority of iPhones being sold overseas, where they are predominately purchased at full retail price, people probably keep their phones a little longer so the upgrades from older iPhones will probably be greater than from only year old iPhone 6.

• Reply 27 of 84

Lots of criticizing/dismissing of Force Touch while having no idea as to how it will actually work.  You guys are awesome!

• Reply 28 of 84
    Is it sad that the only [I]feature[/I] I'm interested in from that list is the rose gold colour?

This doesn't bode well for sales, if flat or below are predicted. Apple really needs to lift their game. This tick tock thing is really limiting.

Give us 1080p in the iPhone 6s Apple! Then I'll upgrade in a heartbeat! Without that, I'll probably stick with my 5s.
  • Reply 29 of 84
    Could Huawei be any more pathetic? And we thought Samsung and Xiaomi were bad.

[IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/2e32vbl.jpg[/IMG]
  • Reply 30 of 84

I have a 5s and am due an upgrade in October, but  I have no idea if I will or not. The 5s is pretty perfect for a phone.

The 6 is pretty meh, which is why most have stayed with the 5s and the rumours for the 6s are boring so far. Maybe I will switch to sim only and just pay a cheaper bill.

• Reply 31 of 84
    Let me guess, the rose gold will have a white front. Meh.
  • Reply 32 of 84
    smarky wrote: »
    I have a 5s and am due an upgrade in October, but  I have no idea if I will or not. The 5s is pretty perfect for a phone.

The 6 is pretty meh, which is why most have stayed with the 5s and the rumours for the 6s are boring so far. Maybe I will switch to sim only and just pay a cheaper bill.

What was meh about the 6 and what would make the 6s not boring?
  • Reply 33 of 84
    rolyroly Posts: 74member
    "The new features likely won't include a sapphire cover lens, KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo wrote in a Thursday morning note to investors. That part is said to have failed durability testing, forcing the so-called iPhone 6s and 6s Plus back to ion-strengthened glass."

Hang on. Is it just me or are they saying that a simple piece of sapphire on the camera lens failed testing so now there's no sapphire lens cover? That's ridiculous. Surely the iPhone 6 camera lens cover is identical to the one they'd use in the iPhone 6s. Maybe I'm reading this wrong or they mean the sapphire screen cover?
  • Reply 34 of 84
    igorsky wrote: »
    Lots of criticizing/dismissing of Force Touch while having no idea as to how it will actually work.  You guys are awesome!

I have an iPhone 5 and have been using Force Touch with it since I first got it. It will be nice to see my extra efforts actually doing something with the new 6s when I get it. As for now, I'll keep honing my Force Touch skills in anticipation of it doing something useful.
  • Reply 35 of 84
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Roly View Post

"The new features likely won't include a sapphire cover lens, KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo wrote in a Thursday morning note to investors. That part is said to have failed durability testing, forcing the so-called iPhone 6s and 6s Plus back to ion-strengthened glass."

Hang on. Is it just me or are they saying that a simple piece of sapphire on the camera lens failed testing so now there's no sapphire lens cover? That's ridiculous. Surely the iPhone 6 camera lens cover is identical to the one they'd use in the iPhone 6s. Maybe I'm reading this wrong or they mean the sapphire screen cover?

Pretty sure he's talking about the front screen.

• Reply 36 of 84
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

I have an iPhone 5 and have been using Force Touch with it since I first got it. It will be nice to see my extra efforts actually doing something with the new 6s when I get it. As for now, I'll keep honing my Force Touch skills in anticipation of it doing something useful.

If I understood any of that I'd be able to reply more intelligently.

• Reply 37 of 84
    rolyroly Posts: 74member
    igorsky wrote: »
    Pretty sure he's talking about the front screen.

Yeah but sapphire cover lens does not suggest screen to me. It suggests camera lens. This seems plain wrong to me.
  • Reply 38 of 84
    Force Touch is well implemented on the MacBook. It felt like 3D click. On the Apple Watch not as good. Hopefully it's good on 6s.
  • Reply 39 of 84
    taddtadd Posts: 136member
    It would be nice to be able to do a resolution reduction in Messages. sending an iPhone 6 image is already way too tedious when I'm not on WiFi. I expect the 12Megapixel image to be even more so. It would be nice to have Messages automatically reduce the image size (or increase compression?) by default and offer me a full-resolution image as an option. I am looking forward to having even higher resolution images. I'd also like real focus and a larger lens. I'd rather have a great camera than a thin phone. I'm already putting the thing in a plastic case that increases the thickness by 50%. It just has to fit in a dress-shirt pocket.

I thought the 64bit phone worked noticeably faster than the previous year's phone. I didn't take notes though so that's coming from the shaky grey matter.

My wife will upgrade from the iPhone 5s to the new phone ASAP. Our service provider, Verizon, did not offer me any 1-year contract or month to month service plan that was reasonable sounding when I got the iPhone 6 in Sept 2014. From a conversation I had with a Verizon salesperson it looks like it won't cost me much more to upgrade in 1 year instead of 2, even using my stone-age contract because of the value of the 1-year old iPhone 6. We'll see what happens in the next week or so.
  • Reply 40 of 84
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Could Huawei be any more pathetic? And we thought Samsung and Xiaomi were bad.

2e32vbl.jpg

A completely new level of "facepalm" has to be invented for this. It simply doesn't exist yet.

Maybe this?