Apple announces repair program for blurry iPhone 6 Plus cameras

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 67
    Just to confirm. Apple doesn't take our phones (that are new) and give us refurbished ones correct? They just fix the camera while you wait? mkrewson do you know? Thanks in adavnce
  • Reply 62 of 67
    Correct. They just replace it with a new camera. They do not replace the phones for that issue.
  • Reply 63 of 67
    I hadn't noticed any problems, but since my phone was within the range of the recall, I took it in.
    Big mistake.
    At the Apple store, they said they didn't see any problem, and didn't want to do the repair. I said I wanted them to, because in the past I have had the experience of not doing a repair under a program like this (video board in a Mac Pro), and having disaster hit just as the program expired. So they agreed to do it, and when I came to get the phone back they told me it stopped working when they replaced the camera, and they were giving me a new one (in theory, anyway - how to tell if it's really new or refurbished?) -- empty, with none of my stuff on it, which has meant many hours to get everything properly restored.
  • Reply 64 of 67
    I had an affected camera and mailed it into the service center as I don't live close to a store. Instead of a repair they sent me a new replacement phone. Be carefully with this recall as the returned phone as an iPhone 6 instead of my iPhone 6 Plus model. Still having a hassle trying to get my 6 Plus returned as they required I return the erroneous iPhone 6 first (unless they put a hold on my credit card - NOT). FedEx delivered the one sent to me two days ago and they still have not sent me my iPhone 6 Plus yet.
  • Reply 65 of 67

I had an affected camera and mailed it into the service center as I don't have store close by. Instead of a repair they sent me a new replacement phone. Be carefully with this recall as I received an iPhone 6 instead of my iPhone 6 PLUS.  Still having a hassle trying to get my 6 PLUS model returned as they required I return the erroneous iPhone 6 first (unless they put a hold on my credit card - NOT).  FedEx delivered the one sent to me two days ago and they still have not received a 6 PLUS replacement phone. 

• Reply 66 of 67
    tenlytenly Posts: 710member
    bsa421 wrote: »
    I had an affected camera and mailed it into the service center as I don't live close to a store. Instead of a repair they sent me a new replacement phone. Be carefully with this recall as the returned phone as an iPhone 6 instead of my iPhone 6 Plus model. Still having a hassle trying to get my 6 Plus returned as they required I return the erroneous iPhone 6 first (unless they put a hold on my credit card - NOT). FedEx delivered the one sent to me two days ago and they still have not sent me my iPhone 6 Plus yet.

You sent in a 6+ and they sent you back a 6...??? Is the 6 supposed to be a loaner while they work on fixing your 6+...or did they make a mistake and send you the wrong thing? If so - I would think they would be falling all over themselves to correct the problem for you... Please update this thread and let us know how things worked out for you in the end - as well as how Apple made up for their screw up (if it was in fact a screw up and not a loaner...)
  • Reply 67 of 67
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Take it in. What do you have to lose? It's under warranty.

Yea, i did while i was in San Diego last week.  Walked in, and got to see a Genius in about ten minutes.  Not bad, considering how packed it was.  He said that while mine had a serial number that was in the batch that had the problem, they don't necessarily repair all of them.  They check to see if it is not operating properly.  However, since mine also had a round slightly blurry spot that was clearly visible on the screen, and cleaning the external lens did not help... they just went ahead and replaced the camera.  Told me to come back in an hour... and sure enough it was ready to go when i got back.

To kill the time, and have a good laugh, i walked down to the Microsoft store, which is in the same mall.  Always amazing how empty that place is compared to the Apple store.