Apple announces $199 iPhone 6s & $299 6s Plus with 3D Touch, A9 CPU, rose gold color, coming Sept. 2

Comments

• Reply 21 of 156
    Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post

I don't know what that means.

That’s harvest time for hard-ons; his will be reaped in October.

• Reply 22 of 156
    Quote:

Originally Posted by thataveragejoe View Post

icloud to 50GB for $0.99 may be the best hidden news of the day. 

Where are you seeing this?

• Reply 23 of 156
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePixelDoc View Post

Live Photo. What a crazy cool idea!

thats just a video, isn't it

• Reply 24 of 156
    "The iPhone 6s brings Apple's Taptic Engine from the Apple TV to the handset."

I missed the Apple TV having the Taptic Engine. Does it shake your entire entertainment center?
  • Reply 25 of 156
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    New phones look amazing. And I love the new rental program for $32/mo. Since the tech inside these products changes so much so fast I'd rather rent this stuff with the option to own. I'm a little surprised Phil didn't make a bigger deal about the cheaper iCloud storage pricing since they're keeping the same storage options as last year.

One thing that has me slightly worried because Phil didn't mention it (unless I missed it)....battery life.
  • Reply 26 of 156

New price point on iCloud storage is really nice. Is there a pre-order date?

Edit: Nevermind just found it. 

• Reply 27 of 156
    Quote:

Originally Posted by derekson View Post

last thing he said. 0.99 per month

• Reply 28 of 156
    Quote:

Originally Posted by derekson View Post

It was in the live feed.

• Reply 29 of 156
    Who subsidizes contracts anymore? Only AT&T remains and they may quit doing them very soon as well.
  • Reply 30 of 156
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

New phones look amazing. And I love the new rental program for $32/mo. Since the tech inside these products changes so much so fast I'd rather rent this stuff with the option to own. I'm a little surprised Phil didn't make a bigger deal about the cheaper iCloud storage pricing since they're keeping the same storage options as last year.

One thing that has me slightly worried because Phil didn't mention it (unless I missed it)....battery life.

they didn't go into speed or any specs really, did they?

• Reply 31 of 156

No 2 GB RAM?

• Reply 32 of 156
    No it isn't. But when you can get 10x the storage for $12 a year, can you really complain? 

Absolutely. I only have ONE device backing up and it's only 4GiB and yet I finally broke down to get the 20GiB limit for $1/month just so I could stop getting all those fucking warnings when I'm only using about 80% of my data. Another 30GiB, or 300TiB means nothing to me.
  • Reply 33 of 156
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member

Really solid update to the iPhone. Their up to date program sounds interesting too.

• Reply 34 of 156
    asdasd wrote: »

they didn't go into speed or any specs really, did they?

Phil did talk about the A9. But as usual no mention of RAM in either iPhone or iPad so I guess we'll have to wait for teardowns. If the new iPhones are still 1GB I may seriously consider keeping my 6 another year. I so hope they're not.
  • Reply 35 of 156

Apple’s respective product pages are up already, you just have to navigate to them manually.

• Reply 36 of 156
    No battery life discussed?!
    16gb?!

Thats some BS.
    Guess I will be hanging onto this 5S for at least a year off contract. (unless another company actually makes a good enough phone to get me to switch)
  • Reply 37 of 156
    With always listening 'Hey Siri' and getting to multitasking via 3D Touch it's clear the home button is not long for this world. Just need to get Touch ID baked into the display.
  • Reply 38 of 156
    Originally Posted by ham_bone View Post

No battery life discussed?!

• Reply 39 of 156
    ham_bone wrote: »
    Guess I will be hanging onto this 5S for at least a year off contract. (unless another company actually makes a good enough phone to get me to switch)

Yeah, because the iPhone 6 and 6S upgrades are complete crap over your iPhone 5S. Go right ahead and hold onto a phone losing money when it's one of the only CE in the history of the world that has a great resale value for being a couple years old. The rest of will be selling our devices for a small profit to pay for getting into a more capable device that will again be brand new and therefore have the best resale in a year from now with the iPhone 7 is released.
  • Reply 40 of 156
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member

I got the iPhone 6 plus last year, but the real innovation is this year.  3D touch, live pics, 4k video,  man I so want to change my phone now...