Apple unveils $799 12.9" iPad Pro with Smart Keyboard and Apple Pencil accessories

Comments

• Reply 61 of 235
    icoco3icoco3 Posts: 1,474member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Captain J View Post

You posted nothing but drivel and manure here for your entire history. Go back and play in your sandbox and leave the adults alone.

His drivel is more intelligent than your comments.

• Reply 62 of 235
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    wizard69 wrote: »
    Please forward this to Tim Cook. If there is one thing I hate about iPad (something I generally love to use) is that file handling simply sucks. As such it can't even remotely replace a laptop.
    I am hoping they will include an iCloud app. The web version (not accessible on ios) allows you to access files moved there from Mac OS. These files are invisible on IOS. Even Numbers or Pages docs are not accessible if they are more than one level down in a folder structure.

Edit : Have to say this new iPad looks amazing. Given the above it is 'almost' and great laptop replacement. For graphic artists it is an obvious purchase. I know we will have one in our house by December 25.
  • Reply 63 of 235

Apple’s product pages are up. You have to get to them manually.

I’m just going to sit and watch this sexy thing float past.

The image itself is 4096x2048, which is impressive. Probably for showing off on retina machines.

• Reply 64 of 235
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I’ll bet you won’t feel a difference between it and the first-gen iPad. And by you, I mean me, since I still use a first-gen.

I dunno. This is the iPad I’ve wanted since 2007, but $799 might not be possible. And I’d be going DOWN in capacity...

My first gen is still going strong, relegated to being a juke box and POS device but it's still very useful.

• Reply 65 of 235
    Quote:

Of course they do. In my IT dept we all have laptops. We do need to log into other workstations or laptops at times.

Other limitations include not being able to install any software that's not an app. Also mobile browsers can be incompatible with some web portal based applications.

I know plenty of companies that use developer accounts and test flight to deploy custom apps. Still not sure what you are trying to install. It's like saying that you can't install a lot of Windows apps on Macs. There are also browsing apps that present themselves as full/non-mobile browsers and there is even a way to have Safari load the non-mobile web page (in case you weren't keeping up, this was implemented in iOS 8 http://www.tekrevue.com/tip/request-desktop-site-ios-8/).

• Reply 66 of 235

I was hoping for a focus on Audio. Oh well next time maybe.

Still love it though.

• Reply 67 of 235
    Quote:

Agreed, however it seems like the iPad Pro will have the same limitations as the iPad as far as computing goes. The surface pro is a real computer and functions as such

Well, it'll be interesting to see what Apple does with the iPad Pro.  But if I had to choose one and only one and I had to choose today...Surface Pro 3 wins.  But neither one is perfect.

• Reply 68 of 235
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

Awesome for people into music production. Now you can have two full-sized Apps on the screen (iPad Pro in portrait, both Apps in landscape one on top of the other). You can leave your DAW on the bottom and swap out other Apps on top for recording, effects and so on.

Did they show that on the broadcast? I only came in half way through, so missed a bit.

• Reply 69 of 235
    19831983 Posts: 1,225member

This was easily the most impressive of the announcements today! That keyboard cover connection tech was very interesting too, as was the Apple Pencil...despite the silly name.

• Reply 70 of 235
    Apple hit a home run with the iPad Pro. There really is no comparable machine.
  • Reply 71 of 235

store.apple.com doesn’t exist anymore. How are we supposed to browse things? And I guess they just won’t sell third party anything anymore?

• Reply 72 of 235
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitz1 View Post

Got to say

A bit wowed!

Actually, love it to pieces!

Nice to read a positive comment! :)

• Reply 73 of 235
    timbittimbit Posts: 331member
    not sure if someone mentioned it, but could have made the pencil magnetic with the 3 dots on its side to clip to the same port as the keyboard. Allows for charging and use without this large pencil sticking out the side.
  • Reply 74 of 235

Apple created the tablet market.  who copied who?  The entire industry copied Apple.

• Reply 75 of 235
    moxommoxom Posts: 326member

Can you insert the Apple Pencil into the iPad Pro?

• Reply 76 of 235
    chronsterchronster Posts: 1,894member

It's really funny how Tallest Skil calls other people trolls when over the years he has argued until his face is blue that the iphone won't go 16x9, won't get bigger, the ipad won't have a mini version, and of course, no way in hell Apple would support a stylus.

The stylus thing is the most striking of ALL the predictions this moron has gotten wrong.  Here's a deluded individual so preoccupied with trying to fit in with the Apple fanboy club that he would lambaste ANYONE who DARED disagree with how Apple avoided certain product revisions.  

I feel sorry for this clown.  I sincerely do.  This is the most important thing in his life and by now he must not even recognize the company he so passionately argued for in the past.  

• Reply 77 of 235
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member

Apple and their ports! They can't go 1 year without introducing some new kind of connector. And proprietary too.

• Reply 78 of 235
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    captain j wrote: »
    Yes in a business setting people almost always have individual accounts to log onto a computer. That's vital to security and accountability.

Hmmm. I have a laptop for business. I'm the only one that uses it.
    applebilly wrote: »
    Ug. No mouse? useless.

They need to stop screwing around. Let individual apps use mouse pointing. THAT'S ALL ANYONE WANTS. I'd take an air with a mouse over anything.

They would RULE THE MARKET with that product... but instead, another hobbled half measure - this one a copy of Microsoft Surface, but less capable. Wow have things changed.

No sane person wants a mouse for a tablet. How many people would carry a mouse and tablet together? How can you use the mouse when you're standing or sitting on the couch?

captain j wrote: »
    Other limitations include not being able to install any software that's not an app.
    Like viruses, spyware, and pirated software...
  • Reply 79 of 235
    timbit wrote: »
    not sure if someone mentioned it, but could have made the pencil magnetic with the 3 dots on its side to clip to the same port as the keyboard. Allows for charging and use without this large pencil sticking out the side.

I don't need extra sensitive circuitry along the shaft. My hands conductive electrical currents and sweat. I'm happy with their solution.
  • Reply 80 of 235
    Originally Posted by chronster View Post

The stylus thing is the most striking of ALL the predictions he has gotten wrong. 

So Steve Jobs is a moron, too, huh.

I’ve always liked a stylus on an iPad. Never as a primary means of interaction, but loved it for drawing. Two months until these things are in Apple Stores to try out; can’t wait.