Apple issues OS X 10.11 El Capitan GM Candidate to developers and public beta testers

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 35

Downloaded it yesterday, but my Macbook froze during the restart. I had to force restart it, and the installation didn't continue. Now when I go to the app store purchased tab, it shows "Downloaded" next to it, but there's no option for me to continue the installation.

Anybody know how to continue the install?

• Reply 22 of 35

Looks like you have to download the full installer from the Purchase tab. Mine is dated July 12, 2015. I'm under public beta. 

• Reply 23 of 35
    Originally Posted by thataveragejoe View Post

Yeah mine is still telling me Version 8 from 8/31 is the current version. Weird.

It’s not an update; it’s under Purchases.

• Reply 24 of 35
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rcfa View Post

Interesting, here it installed 15A282b not 15A282c, and even less some version newer than the latter given that the article claims that even the "c" was pulled...

...hm...

Here it downloaded the "a" version...

• Reply 25 of 35
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

We’re dealing with paid shills. There’s no concept of reason or logic applicable here. They follow the big M (C, really), and until that runs out, they don’t care.

Yes. There are those who just like to hear themselves complain. However as idiotic as that is, I find the habit of certain moderators on here where they automatically dismiss any criticism with smug mockery to be equally idiotic.

• Reply 26 of 35
    Quote:

Originally Posted by staticx57 View Post

Here it downloaded the "a" version...

Same here.

• Reply 27 of 35
    When I go to the purchased tab on the App store it shows El Capitain Beta Grand Master but downloaded date of July 21?

What gives
  • Reply 28 of 35

Appleminded - check inside your Applications Folder. If you have previous copy of the El Capitan Beta Installer in that folder, remove it from the folder. That should update the App Store button back to Download.

• Reply 29 of 35

Starting to regret installing it.  It is b-u-u-u-gy!!  The mail app has a problem refreshing and I keep getting odd layout issues.  Sometime Safari will just hang for no reason--locking up the entire computer for a few minutes until suddenly things get back to normal.  I'll give it another day then I'll go back to Yosemite and give it some more time.  This doesn't appear to me to be ready for prime-time.

Also, I don't have build "c", I have build "a".  Went to the developer's website and they are saying I should be downloading "b".  Downloading the developer version now and will see what version I get.

• Reply 30 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nbartlet View Post

Downloaded it yesterday, but my Macbook froze during the restart. I had to force restart it, and the installation didn't continue. Now when I go to the app store purchased tab, it shows "Downloaded" next to it, but there's no option for me to continue the installation.

Anybody know how to continue the install?

Try starting up in safe mode. That's what mine would do during the previous few betas. When I would start up in safe mode it would finish the install. Something was still wacked about it but it might work for you.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262

• Reply 31 of 35
    Appleminded - check inside your Applications Folder. If you have previous copy of the El Capitan Beta Installer in that folder, remove it from the folder. That should update the App Store button back to Download.

Thanks for your feedback. I actually did that already and don't see it anymore in the application folder. I wonder if there is a preference file I should delete and restart my MBP or erase somehow the download history of the AppStore app. Have no idea if this is possible or how to do that. Any suggestions are welcome.
  • Reply 32 of 35
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member

El Capitan is amazing. Working on a Retina 5K iMac, the improvement in performance over Yosemite is astounding.

• Reply 33 of 35
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pmz View Post

El Capitan is amazing. Working on a Retina 5K iMac, the improvement in performance over Yosemite is astounding.

Ok, but how is the performance of El Capitan compared to Mavericks?

• Reply 34 of 35
    Yesterday's update caused my iMac to reboot overnight and it was hung on a login screen and screwed my hard drive completely. I had to do a complete restoration after 4 hours of trying to get it to boot in any mode. Made drive invisible and I finally got it erased after utilities couldn't repair it. Turning off future updates
  • Reply 35 of 35
    Date: 2015-Oct-02 on MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013) with OS 10.11
    I am not sure where to enter my problems with the new El Capitan so I am trying here.

I just installed El Capitan. It won't install the update for iPhoto and iMovie. "Photo" just closes when I refuse to use iCloud. I have way too many photos to use iCloud. When I try to run the iPhoto application, I get an error message saying that iPhoto is not available on the Canadian Apple site.

The second issue I keep encountering is that it refuses to delete Mail messages because it can't move it to the "Trash - ?my-eMail?" ... imap ... failed. When I have 100 eMails to process per day getting refusals to delete/move is forcing me to return to already verified eMails. Sometimes the delete/Move works and often it does not.