Apple's iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus now available for preorder

Comments

• Reply 21 of 151

"You know that's in 2 weeks, not one week, right?"

Indeed.  My appointment for pickup is Friday the 25th at 9:30 AM.  iPhone 6s Silver 128 gb. I am going to set it up with Apple's Upgrade Program.

• Reply 22 of 151

AT&T's site came up before Apple's, so I ordered our phones there. Monthly payments for Next were lower this year. Estimated shipping times next month, but that's OK. I don't have to wait in line at the Apple Store this year, and I can ship the old phones back within 10 days with prepaid shipping labels.

• Reply 23 of 151
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    reklss41 wrote: »
    Wow, apple website saying no option for discounted upgrade on my grandfathered unlimited subsidized plan. Only options was full price or NEXT. Had to order through ATT website! Anyone else get this? 
    AT&T said that you cannot order the upgrade through Apple website anymore.
  • Reply 24 of 151
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 2,000member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AmazingApple View Post

Indeed.  My appointment for pickup is Friday the 25th at 9:30 AM.  iPhone 6s 128 gb. I am going to set it up with Apple's Upgrade Program.

I don't think so.  News reports say that the Apple Upgrade Program launches 9/26 in store.

EDIT:  while I saw several news articles this afternoon that gave that date (and how many Apple folks did not have details as the program was just put together), you can reserve a phone from the Upgrade page and the reservation shows that program as payment, and the reservation is on 9/25 so I think I was wrong.

• Reply 25 of 151
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    Ordered 2 Rose Gold 64GB 6S and 6S+ 4 min after 12.
  • Reply 26 of 151
    Can now reserve and collect in the UK store. First time for release day. Makes it a lot easier. Have ordered a gold and silver as unsure which I want!
  • Reply 27 of 151
    Ordered my T-Mobile rose gold 64gb 6s+ through the phone at 2:55am.
  • Reply 28 of 151
    Hey guys. Been lurking for years, entertaining myself with the news, and the much more enjoyable drama in the forums. Thought I'd finally officially join in.
    Decided to forgo the 2 year contract this time, and give the Apple upgrade plan a go. Reserved a 128GB Space Gray 6s+ for myself, and a 64GB Rose Gold 6s+ for the wife. Not sure about the size of the Plus, but that camera... So I, hesitantly, decided to satiate my curiosity.

Smooth as silk ordering this time on the iPad. Obviously easier since I wasn't entering in payment info and the like, but considering the pain in the ass previous years have been for me, I'll take what I can get.
  • Reply 29 of 151
    Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbag View Post

I don't think so.  News reports say that the Apple Upgrade Program launches 9/26 in store.

Interesting.  I hadn't heard this yet.  Odd that it wouldn't become available until the day after launch day.

• Reply 30 of 151
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AmazingApple View Post

Interesting.  I hadn't heard this yet.  Odd that it wouldn't become available until the day after launch day.

I may be wrong as you can reserve a date from the Upgrade page on 9/25.

I did see several news articles this afternoon that stated it was not available until 9/26 but cannot find them now.

• Reply 31 of 151
    false
    chadbag wrote: »

You sure? My reservation to pick up the phone and set up the Upgrade plan is Sept. 25th @ 6pm.
  • Reply 32 of 151
    I clicked the link on the Apple site at 12:01 and the page still has not come up 48 minutes later.

After 5 minutes, I thought I'd give the AT&T site a try. I was on hold there for a few minutes. When the AT&T site was ready for me, the shipping estimate was already at October 16th to October 25th. How could that be?

I'll be a little annoyed if I could have just gone to the local Apple Store on September 25th and picked one up. I will be across the country Sept. 30th to Oct. 8th. I really wanted to have the new 6s Plus before the trip so I could use it for some photography. How did you guys get a Sept. 25th delivery date?
  • Reply 33 of 151
    used the Apple app, had some trouble when it needed to talk to ATT, but at 12:15 it went thru. 128gb space gray. did the Next 24 plan for $26/mo, since I plan to pay it in full this time next year (no penalty to do so) and sell it.
  • Reply 34 of 151
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post

Done and done (a phone for different accounts for in-store pickup). For me that couldn't have been easier, but I'm hearing some are still getting the we'll be back soon page 15 minutes past midnight.

I started on ATT (web) and Apple (iphone - Apple store app) sites at 11:58.  Site came available at around 12:05  Got my rose gold 64 6s at 11 after (i needed to reconfirm, and I didn't have my credit card handy).

• Reply 35 of 151
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jellybelly View Post

I clicked the link on the Apple site at 12:01 and the page still has not come up 48 minutes later.

After 5 minutes, I thought I'd give the AT&T site a try. I was on hold there for a few minutes. When the AT&T site was ready for me, the shipping estimate was already at October 16th to October 25th. How could that be?

I'll be a little annoyed if I could have just gone to the local Apple Store on September 25th and picked one up. I will be across the country Sept. 30th to Oct. 8th. I really wanted to have the new 6s Plus before the trip so I could use it for some photography. How did you guys get a Sept. 25th delivery date?

Our local store still shows reservations available on the Apple website (which comes up for me) for 9/25 for 6S plus for most colors / sizes.  Only 2 128GB options were no longer available.

Try that!

• Reply 36 of 151
    mcarling wrote: »
    I don't want one. It's too big for me to use one-handed. I'll wait for the iPhone 6C. Until then, I'll make do with my iPhone 5S, though I would really like Apple Pay support.

what 6C? oh yeah, the one that doesn't exist....
  • Reply 37 of 151
    Was able to get on the Apple.com store before the Apple Store app. Overload is a good sign for strong sales!
  • Reply 38 of 151
    Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbag View Post

I may be wrong as you can reserve a date from the Upgrade page on 9/25.

I did see several news articles this afternoon that stated it was not available until 9/26 but cannot find them now.

Fingers crossed it gets sorted out by Launch Day.  Otherwise, I guess I'll have to purchase it outright and then begin their Upgrade Program next year with iP7.  (Or wait a day, until the 26th, but who wants to do that!? LOL)

• Reply 39 of 151
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jellybelly View Post

Or try the iOS Apple Store app.  That is how I got it done in just a couple minutes

• Reply 40 of 151
    jellybelly wrote: »

I called my carrier and placed my order through them at 2:55am and got a delivery date of 9/25.