Apple's iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus now available for preorder

Comments

• Reply 61 of 151
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    Based on the posts I've read, it is great to see that Rose Gold is such a huge hit!
    No doubt it differentiates from last year phone color.
  • Reply 62 of 151
    For AT&T customers, which pricing is better?

1. AT&T NEXT                   (no initial cost, only monthly payments)

2. Traditional Approach    (e.g., $299 initial + monthly payment embedded within bill)

I ended up ordering one of each (for two different phones) tonight:

- AT&T NEXT                 ... via the Apple Store app

- Traditional Approach  ... via AT&T website

Looking at their confirmations, I can't discern which has lowest TCO.
  • Reply 63 of 151
    misamisa Posts: 827member
    Ordered a 6S 128GB, Silver. Was going to go with Rose Gold originally but then decided that probably everyone wanted that one. 9/25 to 9/29 Ship date. I intend to keep it until at least the radio technology changes significantly. LTE is quite usable in Canada (assuming you live in a LTE area which is far more rare than I'd like it,) but in the US it's kinda rubbish on Amtrak.
  • Reply 64 of 151
    I will be tracking the worldwide ship dates for the iPhone 6s & 6s plus live here for anyone interested:

http://iphone-inventory.blogspot.com/2015/09/iphone-6s-pre-order-tracker.html

Updated every 10-15 minutes.

Nice!

Except don't use yellow text on a white background.
  • Reply 65 of 151
    misamisa Posts: 827member
    roake wrote: »
    The, finally the ATT site came up.  Seems that you can get the same phone through AT&T, keep your grandfathered plan (I have unlimited plan), and sign a 2-year deal to lower the price by $500.  I went ahead and ordered here as well (I simply used another of the phones on my account to upgrade).  Says delivery 10/16, however.

My question is this... why was the 2-year contract not an option through Apple.com like it was every previous year?

Point of reference. AT&T (and likely other carriers that subsidize phones) legally can not change your plan without consenting to it. If you want to avoid accidental changes to grandfathered plans, you need to make sure you either do any rate plan tweaking at the store or with a rep over the phone. The MDE (Mass Data Entry, also known as Massively Destructive Errors) will change stuff you don't want to change if you use the website or if you talk to outsourced call centers that don't have the full CRM software (which AFAIK only let them pay bills.) If you only replace the phone, they can change your contract date if you consent to the phone subsidy, but they can't change the plan without you consenting to it.

That said, reps at the stores tend to be supremely awful at knowing rate plans, and I would rather never deal with a store representative when dealing with a grandfathered plan. Experience has suggested that Stores, particularly third-party stores only care about their commissions and will make as many errors as needed to sell you something you can't actually have, and then will call in and complain when their commission is charged back when the customer cancels within 6 months.
  • Reply 66 of 151
    roakeroake Posts: 811member

At 4:40am CST, I placed another order for gold 128mb 6S Plus.  States delivery 9/25.  They must have *dramatically* better stock this time around.  Previously, they would have sold out in 5 minutes.  Either that, or interest is far less than previous years (I strongly suspect the former).

• Reply 67 of 151
    Wow - the pink (aka rose gold) appears to be quite popular. Because of the color self or because of the fact you can see from a distance it's the 6s and not the 6?
  • Reply 68 of 151
    fallenjt wrote: »
    I can't believe in 2015, there's still someone ordering through phone. Should use iOS app and get it done in 2 min.

I tried to but it wouldn't let me use my Apple Credit Card - website was down for at least the first hour but I didn't wait for that and called. took nearly an hour on hold to Apple but I got my 6s 64gig gold.

all super smooth, but I can tell you the app/site/carriers in Australia at 5:01pm got hit hard

much happy, first time since the 3GS I am going off contract and buying outright, big savings.

I had visions of all the 5s owners demolishing stock at a brutal rate.. Apple better be ready when the 6 crowd update next year, so many new upgrades.
  • Reply 69 of 151
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    roake wrote: »
    At 4:40am CST, I placed another order for gold 128mb 6S Plus.  States delivery 9/25.  They must have *dramatically* better stock this time around.  Previously, they would have sold out in 5 minutes.  Either that, or interest is far less than previous years (I strongly suspect the former).

Didn't it take people a long time to get the phone last year? One would hope Apple is better prepared with stock this go around.
  • Reply 70 of 151
    Why are these called PRE-orders?

They seem like regular "orders", scheduled to arrive 9/25 or later. I guess the "pre" means "before they are available for delivery", but to me they're still just orders.
  • Reply 71 of 151
    I will be tracking the worldwide ship dates for the iPhone 6s & 6s plus live here for anyone interested:

http://iphone-inventory.blogspot.com/2015/09/iphone-6s-pre-order-tracker.html

Updated every 10-15 minutes.

Very nice, Jake. Much info in an elegant layout.

Thanks for creating and sharing.
  • Reply 72 of 151
    ATT reports my space grey 128 is shipping October 16-23
    Very Depressing. Online order 1.5 hours after release
  • Reply 73 of 151
    slprescott wrote: »
    Why are these called PRE-orders?

They seem like regular "orders", scheduled to arrive 9/25 or later. I guess the "pre" means "before they are available for delivery", but to me they're still just orders.

Because you're ordering it before it's actually available for sale.
  • Reply 74 of 151
    Based on the posts I've read, it is great to see that Rose Gold is such a huge hit!

Next up, we'll all be ordering the iManPurse. In unicorn purple. :\
  • Reply 75 of 151
    levilevi Posts: 344member
    jfc1138 wrote: »
    "One can leave the iPhone at home and Apple Pay still works fine using an Apple Watch." I didn't realize that. Interesting. I thought Apple Pay was tighter linked to Touch I. D. than that for some reason.

Yea it's great. Apple Pay on the watch is one of its best features.
  • Reply 76 of 151
    rogifan wrote: »
    Didn't it take people a long time to get the phone last year? One would hope Apple is better prepared with stock this go around.

There were stories on AI a few weeks back about Apple ordering more phone parts from its supply chain. Maybe they have gotten better this time.
  • Reply 77 of 151

I had to do the same thing in order to keep the Unl plan.  Had to go through AT&T site.  Of course, it took 30 minutes to get it to actually work.  I certainly hope the date they gave me for delivery (Oct 16) is "worst-case" and they are under-promising with hopes of over-delivering.  Sadly, I doubt that is the case.

• Reply 78 of 151
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    Wow - the pink (aka rose gold) appears to be quite popular. Because of the color self or because of the fact you can see from a distance it's the 6s and not the 6?
    That's cynical! Haha

The reality is, I do think people who already owned a 6, may have upgraded to get Rose gold 6S just for the color.

Limited supply I'm sure also contributes to how quickly it sold out. I'm sure Apple did their research, but I wouldn't have planned for the rose gold to be more popular than gold and gray.

Given that no one has actually seen a rose gold iPhone in person, makes me wonder how many may get returned for another color once they see it in person. I've yet to see a picture of it that looks the same from shot to shot. In some it looks decidedly pink, in others copper, and various shades in between.
  • Reply 79 of 151
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Roake View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

There were stories on AI a few weeks back about Apple ordering more phone parts from its supply chain. Maybe they have gotten better this time.

The phone itself is not that much different from last year from an assembly standpoint. That is not meant to be negative, just means the the yields are going to be much higher and easier to keep more on hand regardless of supply components. This is typical of the S cycles, always shorter waiting times than the numerical cycle.

• Reply 80 of 151
    mac_128 wrote: »
    Given that no one has actually seen a rose gold iPhone in person, makes me wonder how many may get returned for another color once they see it in person. I've yet to see a picture of it that looks the same from shot to shot. In some it looks decidedly pink, in others copper, and various shades in between.

Thanks for the suggestion. I think I'll refer to it as the copper iPhone from here on. And blame it on their brain's ability to process color if they suggest otherwise. ;-)