Apple's iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus now available for preorder

Comments

• Reply 121 of 151
    The new iPhones sold out here in Hong Kong *very* quickly yesterday, within an hour or two.
  • Reply 122 of 151

Waiting for the numbers on Monday.  

last years number of iPhones sold was 10 million.

• Reply 123 of 151

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac_128 View Post

That's cynical! Haha

The reality is, I do think people who already owned a 6, may have upgraded to get Rose gold 6S just for the color.

Limited supply I'm sure also contributes to how quickly it sold out. I'm sure Apple did their research, but I wouldn't have planned for the rose gold to be more popular than gold and gray.

Given that no one has actually seen a rose gold iPhone in person, makes me wonder how many may get returned for another color once they see it in person. I've yet to see a picture of it that looks the same from shot to shot. In some it looks decidedly pink, in others copper, and various shades in between.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NolaMacGuy View Post

it's a bogus meme that people buy Apple stuff to show it off. people buy what they like. that it's a new material just makes it more appealing to the buyer because newness stimulates the senses more than familiarity (aka "strange").

Well, I find this:

http://socialtriggers.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/sheena-iyengar-transcript.pdf  (I highly recommend the read)

http://www.forbes.com/sites/toddhixon/2014/04/10/what-kind-of-person-prefers-an-iphone/

• Reply 124 of 151

3rd time trying to post to this forum... :(

All iPhones were sold out here in Hong Kong within a few hours yesterday.

• Reply 125 of 151
    Quote:

Originally Posted by macdoor View Post

Apple web store in China is crazy. I want to buy 1 iPhone 6S plus. But I always get session timeout error. Finally it create 20 orders forand charge me 20 times. Now I even do not know how to cancel these orders!

Lots of customer in China encountered same problem! Lots lots of duplicated iPhone orders!

Well, since the phones are sold out, if you have the money to pay the order, and you really have 20 order, then you should take them and resell them for a profit :-).

• Reply 126 of 151
    Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Next up, we'll all be ordering the iManPurse. In unicorn purple. image

As long as it comes with an Unicorn, I'm sure you'll be up for it ;-).

Not quite sure why Purple would not be a "manly" color anyway, is there a rule book somewhere?

Though any pink/purple purse/bag is ugly in my book no matter who has it, woman, man or beast.

• Reply 127 of 151

From what I saw/experienced, using the Apple Store App, when I clicked on the link to the in-store pickup it actually redirected me to a safari page -- you aren't in the Apple Store App anymore.

But that did me no good for the 20+ minutes that Apple.com was down. I got the page stating they'll be back up soon and come back later.

• Reply 128 of 151
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 2,000member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slprescott View Post

For AT&T customers, which pricing is better?

1. AT&T NEXT                   (no initial cost, only monthly payments)

2. Traditional Approach    (e.g., $299 initial + monthly payment embedded within bill)

I ended up ordering one of each (for two different phones) tonight:

- AT&T NEXT                 ... via the Apple Store app

- Traditional Approach  ... via AT&T website

Looking at their confirmations, I can't discern which has lowest TCO.

How big is your data plan? 2-year contract TCO over 2 years, assuming you don't trade in or anything, is ever so slightly cheaper with the 2-year vs. Next plan if your data plan is less than 10GB. If you data plan is 10GB or more the Next is significantly cheaper over 2 years

• Reply 129 of 151
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac_128 View Post

Given that no one has actually seen a rose gold iPhone in person, makes me wonder how many may get returned for another color once they see it in person. I've yet to see a picture of it that looks the same from shot to shot. In some it looks decidedly pink, in others copper, and various shades in between.

The Apple Watch is also available in a 7000 series Aluminum case in Rose Gold.  I would assume that the iPhone in Rose Gold will look similar to the Apple Watch since they are similar materials and the anodization process should be similar.   And this is Apple we are talking about.

The Apple Watch in Rose Gold IS in the stores already.   I saw a couple at the Apple Store Friday night before I ordered my new phone.  It is decidedly a metallic color with pinkish hue.   You can, kind of, see what the color really is, today, now, at an Apple Store that has the watch in this color on display.

Notwithstanding the disappointment that it was not a more red/copper hue, I ordered the new phone in Rose Gold.   I have had Gold for the last two generations of phone and was planning on Space Gray.   I did not upgrade just to get the new color (as a dev I like to have at least one of the newest generation to test against and use for new iOS features like 3D Touch that only exist in the latest).   I was planning on Space Gray but was not sure and swung back and forth between the colors.   After seeing the watch I had decided on Space Gray.  But it kept gnawing at me and at the last moment, about 10 minutes before the phone went on pre-order sale, I decided to get the Rose Gold.   My mind has been at peace since :-)

I think the Space Gray (black) type phones look "too tech" or "gadgety" to me now after 2 years of a white faced Gold phone.   I guess I like the refined look of the white faced phones.    Maybe next year I will feel differently, though I expect the "7" will be a new design and maybe new colors...???

• Reply 130 of 151
    If iPhones are ordered but not delivered until after the start of the next quarter are they counted as sales for this current quarter?

Thanks in advance.
  • Reply 131 of 151
    chadbag wrote: »
    How big is your data plan? 2-year contract TCO over 2 years, assuming you don't trade in or anything, is ever so slightly cheaper with the 2-year vs. Next plan if your data plan is less than 10GB. If you data plan is 10GB or more the Next is significantly cheaper over 2 years
    Thanks, that's very helpful.
  • Reply 132 of 151
    Your monthly service is more expensive and ends up costing more than the discount you get through contract.

Not true, only for certain plans. My grandfathered unlimited data plan is the same regardless. Silly but true.
  • Reply 133 of 151
    Not true, only for certain plans. My grandfathered unlimited data plan is the same regardless. Silly but true.

Your grandfathered plan is considered a 2 year contract and I suspect more expensive than the monthly fee under Next
  • Reply 134 of 151
    chadbag wrote: »
    Your grandfathered plan is considered a 2 year contract and I suspect more expensive than the monthly fee under Next
    I re-signed a 2 year contract when the 5s came out. I paid full price for the 6 so my 2 year would be up for the 6s. I called and asked if my monthly payment would be lowered if I let my contract run out and they said no. It makes no sense because the subsidized phone should have been in my payment and then payment lowered after it was "paid off." However, not the case. If you have a family shared minute plan, they will lower it. So, I can not renew and pay full price or renew and pay half the price of the phone with the same monthly fee. Take advantage of the subz before they are all gone, and will soon.
  • Reply 135 of 151
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple Inside Her View Post

I re-signed a 2 year contract when the 5s came out. I paid full price for the 6 so my 2 year would be up for the 6s. I called and asked if my monthly payment would be lowered if I let my contract run out and they said no. It makes no sense because the subsidized phone should have been in my payment and then payment lowered after it was "paid off." However, not the case. If you have a family shared minute plan, they will lower it. So, I can not renew and pay full price or renew and pay half the price of the phone with the same monthly fee. Take advantage of the subz before they are all gone, and will soon.

The grandfathered unlimited plan s a 2 year contract plan and the contract plans don't change at the end of the contract.  Whether unlimited grandfathered or standard contract service price.  Has always been that way.

• Reply 136 of 151

1) I think you're misunderstanding how the plans work. If you have a subsidized phone, your contracted rate will not change as soon as you pay it off. No one is suggesting that it would lower in price by (cost of device - length of contract). That's why carriers love the people that have no problem staying on the same device for many years. Now, if you bought an unsubsidized device your plan would be different, as well as month-to-month, although nothing is stopping the carrier from trying to get you to sign a contract even though anyone that does isn't really thinking it through.

2) The use of "grandfathered" to describe these old unlimited plans, while common, aren't quite accurate. There is no law that forces them to allow you to keep this old plan for as long as you wish. It's their discretion. If you're off contract they can drop it at any time, just as you can drop them at any time. If you're under contract they can also drop you, just as you can also drop them, but if they do you would get the device free and clear with no ETF, just as if you drop them you, of course, have to pay an ETF. The reason they keep this is because you're not abusing it and it benefits them more to keep customers as long as possible, but now that the subsidization model is ending in the US the way carriers see customers are likely to change, too.
  • Reply 137 of 151
    pakitt wrote: »
    Would like to know why the 6S is 40 to 60€ more expensive as the 6 last year.... That is about 5% more expensive. Yet in the USA, same price....
    I'm
    sd-diver wrote: »
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sd-diver View Post

just pre-ordered mine as well - apple store app. T-Mobile, 128 gb 6s+ in space grey.

Update. After being on hold for 45 minutes, I got through to T-Mobile to check out the jump on demand. Same phone as above, but instead of$1024.92 after tax, it cost me $199.99 up front and $24/mo for 18 months. At that point, I pay $263.50 and it's mine. Total cost: $895.49. A savings of $129.43. Guess I'll be canceling my Apple Store order. Now to see if T-Mobile will just let me pay the whole amount now...

Well - it was too good to be true. Got the jump on demand paperwork today, and there is no discount.

Comes to $1007.75 - a savings of $17. No idea what happened to the $24/mo. Glad I still have the Apple order.
  • Reply 138 of 151
    sd-diver wrote: »
    I'm
    Well - it was too good to be true. Got the jump on demand paperwork today, and there is no discount.

Comes to $1007.75 - a savings of $17. No idea what happened to the $24/mo. Glad I still have the Apple order.

The guy at TMobile said the discount will be applied once the phone arrives and becomes activated. The T Mobile CEO even published the discounted pricing so you can always point to that if you have any issues once you get the phone. Should be fine. The contract we signed also had the standard pricing, not the discounted pricing.
  • Reply 139 of 151
    eightzero wrote: »
    These really are great looking phones, and I'm due for the upgrade from my 5s that I really like. Gotta save up a few quid first, then go shopping in December. I've always done the 2 year contracts with AT&T. I figure if I'm gonna have the service for 2 years away...what's the down side?
    I guess the downside is it's locked to ATT. But grandfathered unlimited data was my reason for buying under one last 2 yr contract for $499 (128 SG Plus). My monthly charge isn't going to change no matter how I buy it. So I agree with you. Just keep in mind that if you wait til December, ATT might not be offering 2-yr subsidized iPhones any more by then.
  • Reply 140 of 151

Does anyone have problem about which module should order?  I am so stuck with the size and the colours. But I definitely need a 64G:)