American McGee's Alice...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Just an installation question. Since it is carbonized...should I install it on OS 9 Applications or OS X Applications folder?

ex. If I install it in OS X will I get an option to install it in OS X's Applications folder or not?

I'm pretty much in OS X now for the long run and I really don't want many carbon apps in the Applications folder on the OS 9 partition...or is there a reason to install them there? Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    dmgeistdmgeist Posts: 153member
    Well check the instructions for installation. My Installation of Diablo2

had to be installed in OS 9 then the patches for OSX were installed. The

intructions stated that it would'nt work right, and they were right.

So if you using a patch to Carbonize Alice then make the install in OS 9.

Then you can move your installion from partition to partition. It all

depends on the installer. If its Carbonized or not, and its also not recomended to install under Classic either. Things tend not to work right.

Have fun with alice, I hear its sweet.....
  • Reply 2 of 5
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    Installed mine straight into OS X Apps and it's jim dandy in both OSes
  • Reply 3 of 5
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    Yep, worked fine installed in OS X. I noticed though that after the installation and I clicked on the icon (cool, Alice hopping on my Dock!) I had to insert the CD to play the game...something the manual and the read me file didn't indicate. No problem, this game runs smooth as silk in OS X.

This is on my iMac G3 700 768 MB of ram. So far I have had no issues in speed with most applications. I'm 99% OS 9 free now!
  • Reply 4 of 5
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    [quote]Originally posted by Artman @_@:

<strong>I had to insert the CD to play the game...something the manual and the read me file didn't indicate. No problem, this game runs smooth as silk in OS X.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

It runs even better if you make a disk image of the CD and play it off of the HD.

J :cool:
  • Reply 5 of 5
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    [quote]Originally posted by Jamie:

<strong>It runs even better if you make a disk image of the CD and play it off of the HD.

J :cool: </strong><hr></blockquote>

:eek: Thanks...