Apple Inc stock panic another opportunity for massive, discounted stock repurchase

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    lmaclmac Posts: 195member

The funny thing about these D.E.D. articles is that you can easily spot them from the title alone. They always have a "Bad news is actually good news." spin in the fantasy world where all Apple decisions are brilliant and will soon result in Apple's world domination. Let me give you an example of a hypothetical D.E.D. piece: "Apple has intentionally made iTunes quality suffer over the past several years in order to lull the competition (Spotify, Pandora, etc) into a sense of complacency, so that Apple Music can crush them like bugs and result in world domination."

• Reply 42 of 44
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lmac View Post

The funny thing about these D.E.D. articles is that you can easily spot them from the title alone. They always have a "Bad news is actually good news." spin in the fantasy world where all Apple decisions are brilliant and will soon result in Apple's world domination. Let me give you an example of a hypothetical D.E.D. piece: "Apple has intentionally made iTunes quality suffer over the past several years in order to lull the competition (Spotify, Pandora, etc) into a sense of complacency, so that Apple Music can crush them like bugs and result in world domination."

Lol - I love Apple, but I couldn't agree more...

• Reply 43 of 44
    tenlytenly Posts: 707member
    tundraboy wrote: »
    What a weird conception of what constitutes a 'valid' price.  The price that sellers offer for any product, including shares of stock, is still the price, even if there were no trades, which I seriously doubt in the first place.  In a market with high speed computerized trading, it's highly unlikely that none of those programs pounced automatically.
    It wouldn't be reported as the price if no trades took place. At least 1 share had to trade hands to have a value reported as.the stock price. If there was no trade at that level, they wouldn't have mentioned it unless no stocks traded hands at all that day (extremely unlikely with a company like Apple) - and even in that case, they would have reported both the bid and the ask price.