Tim Cook, Eddy Cue continue New York roadshow ahead of 'Late Show' visit

Posted:
in General Discussion edited February 2020
Apple CEO Tim Cook and SVP of Internet Software and Services Eddy Cue arrived at the Upper East Side Apple Store on Tuesday just hours before Cook is slated to make a guest appearance on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert.

Source: Eddy Cue via Twitter

Cook and Cue appear to be making the rounds in New York City, as the pair, along with marketing guru Greg "Joz" Joswiak, dropped into the Fifth Avenue Apple Store yesterday.

Between pitstops, Cook took the opportunity to cover a range of topics in a short interview with BuzzFeed. Of note, the Apple chief addressed the long bemoaned topic of preinstalled iOS apps, saying the issue is "more complex" than it appears.

He went on to explain that preloaded apps are tied into other iPhone services, making it difficult to remove them without causing problems elsewhere. Cook said Apple is considering options to grant users the ability to remove certain bundled apps, but failed to offer a timeline on when those changes could see implementation.

Cook is in New York City to tape an episode of CBS's "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert" that airs tonight.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Is Eddy Cue in New York just to take awkward selfies with Tim Cook?
  • Reply 2 of 13
    Still want to get to that new UES store. Just to see it. (and to piss-off that Ahole threatening all the lawsuits to close it down) :smokey:
  • Reply 3 of 13
    rgh71rgh71 Posts: 125member
    bobschlob wrote: »
    Still want to get to that new UES store. Just to see it. (and to piss-off that Ahole threatening all the lawsuits to close it down) :smokey:

It's small but pleasantly not crowded. Getting my 6S there next Friday! Probably with the installment upgrade plan
  • Reply 4 of 13
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Is Eddy Cue in New York just to take awkward selfies with Tim Cook?

It's not a selfie, and it's not awkward. What's your point?

• Reply 5 of 13
    Preinstalled ios apps dont need to get deleted if they are connected to other apps..
    But the icons can be hidden opening up real estate on the screen.

In any case i dont get what the big fuss is???
  • Reply 6 of 13
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member
    yojimbo007 wrote: »
    Preinstalled ios apps dont need to get dekeyed if they are connected to other apps..
    But the icons can be hidden opening up real estate on the screen.

In any case i dont get what the big fuss is???

The big fuss is that with 16GB they shouldn't put useless stuff in it.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ClemyNX View Post

I agree that the owner should have the final say in what apps appear on his/her iPhone. At the same time, let's hope there's no 16GB model when iPhone 7 debuts next fall. 

• Reply 8 of 13
    clemynx wrote: »

Well if they are connected to other apps they are necessary for something other than the specific app.
    If they are not connected then i agree.....
  • Reply 9 of 13
    bobschlob wrote: »

Can you explain further or supply a link? I'm very much in the dark to what you're talking about.

clemynx wrote: »

To what extent? I know people that don't even use the Notes app because they don't have a proper iCloud account, only some old AOL account tied to their iTunes Account. Should that be deletable? How much space do those apps really take up since the foundation of that app and many like it are part of the core of iOS? My guess is it's not a lot. Even on Mac OS X it takes up 9.1MB (1000^3, not 1024^3).
  • Reply 10 of 13

Instead of sight seeing in NY it would be nice if Eddy Cue would get to work and fix iWork. We need text flowing between text boxes in Pages, a time line like Garage Band's in Keynote, layers in Keynote, a light table like Aperture's in Keynote, better charting in Numbers, and more.

• Reply 11 of 13
    neutrino23 wrote: »
    Instead of sight seeing in NY it would be nice if Eddy Cue would get to work and fix iWork. We need text flowing between text boxes in Pages, a time line like Garage Band's in Keynote, layers in Keynote, a light table like Aperture's in Keynote, better charting in Numbers, and more.

How is any of that something Cue would do himself, and even if he was the one specifically writing the code, why would you suggest that he, human being, should never be allowed any time for himself?
  • Reply 12 of 13
    danielsw wrote: »

It's not a selfie, and it's not awkward. What's your point?

Is awkward
  • Reply 13 of 13

I'm just being cranky. The iWork team reports to Eddy Cue (so I've heard). I see him as the road block to us getting improved productivity software.