Apple starts shipping out iPhone 6s, 6s Plus preorders for Sept. 25 arrival

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 37
    solipsismy wrote: »
    Expect it to be held for delivery until the 25th. I can only recall only one year that delivery was done a day or two early, which I assume was a delivery.
    The only reason I believe it will be delivered early is it is being delivered via usps,which had never happened before. I usually receive via FedEx.
  • Reply 22 of 37

My UPS tracking number says it will be delivered tomorrow Monday the 21st :) 

• Reply 23 of 37
    I'm thinking about buying one contract-free from the local Apple Store using Apple Pay and the Discover card promotion -- about the only way I've found to get a discount.
  • Reply 24 of 37
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post

Expect it to be held for delivery until the 25th. I can only recall only one year that delivery was done a day or two early, which I assume was an accident.

FedEx is actually showing that a hold request was put on the phone. Right now mine is in NJ and it's showing a date of 9/25. It started off in D.C went to a NJ facility and is being held until 9/24 with overnight shipping. The 6s+ I ordered hasn't shipped yet and is showing a delivery date of 9/30. 

If the shipping info is correct then clearly they are being held until the release date, from NJ to ATL would be 3 days at best even if it was ground shipping. You're correct one year the carriers released them early and they got beat up over it, not expecting that to happen again unfortunately. 

• Reply 25 of 37

I canceled my pre-order last night. I rather wait for the iPhone 7. Sure this iPhone 'is all new inside' but the outside it what matters - and it's basically the exact same device with slightly better specs and now 'force' touch... I'm hoping the iPhone 7 is beautiful again because this current design is hideous to look at.

• Reply 26 of 37
    I ordered mine through Verizon and right now it says that it's been shipped but has a shipped date of the 24th with priority overnight so doubt I'll be seeing it early.
  • Reply 27 of 37
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Boltsfan17 View Post

I highly doubt there is anything illegal with delivering a package early. The shipper (Apple) is just requesting a future delivery date. Delivering a package early probably doesn't have any legal ramifications to it. People receive iPhones early every release so that doesn't seem like it's a big deal. If UPS/Fed Ex started delivering thousands of phones early, I'm sure that would be grounds for Apple to terminate any contract they have with Fed Ex/UPS. 

Not illegal but it's definitely a violation of the agreement Apple has in place with the carrier. If they've contracted for a date-specific delivery (and they have), you can bet there's language in the agreement regarding damages in the event a carrier breaches. In the above case, it's at very least grounds for the FedEx employee to be fired. At most, if Apple feels FedEx was negligent, there could be a substantial business impact.

• Reply 28 of 37

Meanwhile:

Apple's iOS App Store suffers first major attack.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/09/20/us-apple-china-malware-idUSKCN0RK0ZB20150920?#tt

• Reply 29 of 37
    eightzero wrote: »
    Meanwhile:

Apple's iOS App Store suffers first major attack.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/09/20/us-apple-china-malware-idUSKCN0RK0ZB20150920?#tt

Yeah, with their Chinese app store. Big whoop, and big surprise.

Read the story carefully.
  • Reply 30 of 37
    I'm getting worried because I'm a member of TmoNews.com and so many people got tracking numbers, emails and their cc charged, and all I have is a message on my.t-mobile.com saying my ship date is 9/24. I haven't received an email from T-Mobile since I preordered and signed my EIP documents on 9/12. I'm driving myself crazy checking every hour to see if my card has been charged.
  • Reply 32 of 37
    Quote:

Originally Posted by StaceyMJ86 View Post

I'm getting worried because I'm a member of TmoNews.com and so many people got tracking numbers, emails and their cc charged, and all I have is a message on my.t-mobile.com saying my ship date is 9/24. I haven't received an email from T-Mobile since I preordered and signed my EIP documents on 9/12. I'm driving myself crazy checking every hour to see if my card has been charged.

I got my "ship date" text on Friday and received a tracking number today.  When I go to tracking it, though, it shows that it wasn't received by the carrier yet... When did you get your text?

• Reply 33 of 37
    zeromeus wrote: »
    I got my "ship date" text on Friday and received a tracking number today.  When I go to tracking it, though, it shows that it wasn't received by the carrier yet... When did you get your text?

I haven't received a text since 9/12 with my order number letting me know my order was completed. CS said I should receive it on 9/25, but who knows I might not.
  • Reply 34 of 37
    If I don't get it by the 25th I'm going to use my Apple Reservation and buy it outright with my new BarclayCard CC and pay it like I would be doing with my EIP. I'm crossing my fingers I hear something within the next 2 days.
  • Reply 35 of 37
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredumb View Post

I love my iPhone6, but I'm really excited about this new phone 

Have you looked into what it would cost to pay off your ETF and then sell your iPhone 6? Chances are you'll come out a little ahead. The only caveat I see is you'd have to change carriers to do this (I think like 30 to 60 days). The other option is to just maintain your current contract but then buy the new device off-contract and then sell your old one, which should yield you more than 50% of the value. The caveat that there is your contracted plan will be charging you for the old phone as part of your monthly fee.

That's a thought.  The carrier part is still an issue - I have Verizon in a family sharing plan, and I suspect ripping that up would be dismal.  But perhaps Verizon would let me pay a hefty fee to simply upgrade and extend the plan...and perhaps my wife would let me live...perhaps not, its on a razor's edge as it is.  

Probably easier to just enjoy this phone for a year - or two - and upgrade us all then, but thanks for getting me thinking about options.

• Reply 36 of 37
    Quote:

Originally Posted by boredumb View Post

I love my iPhone6, but I'm really excited about this new phone - if I could afford to break my contract, I'd do it...

plus, I'm thinking it would be good to get my 2-year schedule aligned with the 's' years...they seem to be 

significant upgrades...

BTW - as to the early delivery thing, you all have good points, but I think the most significant thing is,

that what SolipsismY is warning about are the consequences of a deliberate act, not a hapless blunder, and so 

could conceivably be viewed quite differently by both companies.  

I hope no one suffers, but I don't think I'd be taunting at this point.;) 

If you really want the phone just buy it at full price.  Your contract with Verizon just means you have to keep that line active, they don't care what phone you are using on that line.  If you buy the 6s at full price, and swap the SIM card from your 6 into the 6s you will be good to go.  You can then sell the 6 or do whatever you want with it.

I am done signing new contracts for a cheaper phone with Verizon.  I buy all of my phones at full price now, since it saves a lot of money to do it that way if you have the Share Everything plan.  Verizon only gives you a $450 discount on the phone ($650 phone for $200).  If you are off contract you get a $25 a month discount on your plan if you have at least 8GB of data (which is easy to do on a family plan).  So over two years you save $600 (24x25=600).  That is much better than a $450 discount on a phone and a contract.

• Reply 37 of 37
    Got my tracking info for my iPhone 6s+ 64gb Rose Gold with delivery date of today but now I know I'll get it on launch day.