iOS9 is killing my battery life

Posted:
in iPhone edited September 2015

I installed iOS9 yesterday, and since then have noticed a serious decrease in battery life.  My battery's capacity dropped by 25% in the space of 30min, with very limited use.  As I'm typing this message, my battery has decreased from 83% to 79%.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Based on the battery usage  in my prefs, it looks like Photos (iCloud) is the culprit.  The app has 1 min of screen time and 1.7hrs (and growing) of background activity.  Unfortunately, there is no option to turn off background refresh for this app, and shutting off 'iCloud Photo Library will either download or erase my local photos.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    kedakeda Posts: 722member

I've been meaning to come back and update this thread.

After about 9 hours, my battery performance returned to normal (probably a bit better).  During that time, I kept the phone plugged in and did a few restarts.

Although I have no way to know, I think that the Photos app was doing some kind of sync with iCloud.  My library is pretty big, and it may have needed the time to update.   Over the last four days, the battery time allotted to photos is at 8% (bkg).  This seems to be inline with the amount of pictures I took last weekend.