Apple releases fixed watchOS 2 for Apple Watch with native apps, Time Travel, nightstand mode

Comments

• Reply 21 of 90
    Downloaded and then stuck on Preparing (like for more than 30 minutes). Pushed the back button on my iPhone and both he iPhone and watch showed v 1.01. Exited app on iPhone and retried, it didn't need to download, it simply went into "preparing" and appears to be moving much faster now. But still update has not yet completed...
  • Reply 22 of 90

This update is very finicky.  After "preparing" finished (the second time (see post) above.  It went to "verifying" and crashed, advising that update could not be completed.  I pushed on the "details" selection it it bombed out and went back to the software update notice that I still had v1.01.  I then clicked on the bottom to "upload and install" and it now notes that it is verifying (but this notice is at the bottom of the screen.  Still no update (been working at this for about an hour).

In other news the WSJ (firewall) confirms that Apple is moving ahead with its new car.

• Reply 23 of 90

Been stuck on verifying for 30+min..

• Reply 24 of 90

Has anyone on the iOS 9.1 Public Beta seen the new WatchOS 2 update? Still not seeing it here in Houston.

• Reply 25 of 90
    I'm on the IOS 9.1 Beta and it is downloading, I'm in AZ.
  • Reply 26 of 90

Same issue iOS 9.1 and the Watch App says software up to date with 1.0.1

• Reply 27 of 90

same here running iOS 9.1 and the Watch App shows software up-to-date with 1.0.1

• Reply 28 of 90
    Not getting it!
  • Reply 29 of 90

Has anyone on the iOS 9.1 Public Beta seen the new WatchOS 2 update?

• Reply 30 of 90

No luck here in the UK with 9.1 public beta. Still showing 1.01 as the latest version. I wonder if it has been pulled?

• Reply 31 of 90
    acidedge76 wrote: »
    Has anyone on the iOS 9.1 Public Beta seen the new WatchOS 2 update? Still not seeing it here in Houston.

I'm on 9.1beta and it is downloading. This is in AZ.
  • Reply 32 of 90

Try going into the Watch app in your phone and delete your iOS 9 Beta profile then turn off the watch and turn it back on.  Thats what I did and it worked. I am also on beta 9.1

• Reply 33 of 90

I keep getting an error about not being connected to the Internet, but I am. I'm on the iOS 9.1 public beta on my iPhone 6+.

• Reply 34 of 90
    Quote:

Originally Posted by iantimmy123 View Post

No luck here in the UK with 9.1 public beta. Still showing 1.01 as the latest version. I wonder if it has been pulled?

I'm in the UK, on iOS public beta 9.1, and have the WatchOS 2.0 update - it took over an hour to download and install.

• Reply 35 of 90

After being stuck on verifying for 60+min I powered the phone and watch off. Re-started both and now says my 1.01 software is up to date. I am on IOS 9.0. Looks like the update may have been pulled.

• Reply 36 of 90
    Quote:

Originally Posted by silversquonk View Post

I'm in the UK, on iOS public beta 9.1, and have the WatchOS 2.0 update - it took over an hour to download and install.

If you have the Beta Profile installed in the Apple Watch app it won't let you update. Go into the Apple Watch app, delete the profile and restart both the Apple Watch and the iPhone. It will then let you install the update.

• Reply 37 of 90
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iantimmy123 View Post

If you have the Beta Profile installed in the Apple Watch app it won't let you update. Go into the Apple Watch app, delete the profile and restart both the Apple Watch and the iPhone. It will then let you install the update.

*ding*ding*ding* We have a winner! Removing the Beta Profile and restarting both made the update show up immediately! Thanks so much!

• Reply 38 of 90

I have the beta profile for iOS 9.1 but not watchOS. How do I remove the profile from the watch app?

• Reply 39 of 90
    if you have watch beta profile, turn it off and restart both the iPhone and watch. worked for me. running 9.1
  • Reply 40 of 90
    I got that "1.0.1 - up to date" message. Just keep trying. Mine worked on the 2nd attempt. Yay.

Slow download. Boo.