Apple releases fixed watchOS 2 for Apple Watch with native apps, Time Travel, nightstand mode

Comments

• Reply 41 of 90

It has now been more than an hour on "verifying".   I exited the iPhone app and ran it again and it continues to show "verifying".  I will let it run a about 15 more minutes and then I'll quit and shut down both and reboot and try again.

Has anyone else successfully updated from 1.01 to v2.0?

• Reply 42 of 90

Restarting my phone made the download appear. I did not have to remove the iOS 9.1 beta profile.

• Reply 43 of 90
    In the USA.

Watch OS 1.0.1
    Your software is up to date.

Same as others.
  • Reply 44 of 90

You need to have iOS 9 installed on your iPhone. 

• Reply 45 of 90

My watch is all screwed up now. For some strange reason, it keeps rejecting my passcode. The watch won't even restart. I downloaded the update and then it finished installing, then nothing happened for a while. Now it's stuck on the enter passcode screen.

EDIT: Everything good now. I guess my watch created a backup while 2.0 was installing. I restored from that backup and now my watch is up and running with 2.0

• Reply 46 of 90

After several software is up to date I finally got a new restart on the download. It actually went pretty quick then preparing (5 min) then verifying (5min) actually is now installing on the watch. The tick marls are at about 50% complete around the Apple Logo now. Looks like this attempt is working.

• Reply 47 of 90
    mazda 3smazda 3s Posts: 1,613member

Is activation lock enabled by default or is there a setting for it?

• Reply 48 of 90

I'm on the 9.1 PB and I got the notification that watchOS 2 was available. A little less than 20 minutes start to finish to download and install the update. Very smooth here in California. Lovin' the new OS. Nice new watch faces and everything does seem to run a bit smoother and quicker. I think the only 3rd party app I have on it, that I know is updated for 2 is Dark Sky. Much quicker on 2.

• Reply 49 of 90
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dennis26 View Post

After several software is up to date I finally got a new restart on the download. It actually went pretty quick then preparing (5 min) then verifying (5min) actually is now installing on the watch. The tick marls are at about 50% complete around the Apple Logo now. Looks like this attempt is working.

My ticks finished and that's where my watch got stuck on enter passcode. I kept entering the correct passcode and it was constantly rejected. I'm restoring my watch now from an old backup. 

• Reply 50 of 90
    This is not good Apple. It has taken nearly 2 hours (download 1 hour 14 mins, preparing 5 mins, verifying 2, installing part one 25, installing part two 4 mins, then finally 6 mins) to then apparently revert to 1.01, as others have reported. I tried to double check software update but this failed due to unable to check for update because not connected to the internet, which is not correct.
  • Reply 51 of 90
    Quote:

Originally Posted by EMoeller View Post

It has now been more than an hour on "verifying".   I exited the iPhone app and ran it again and it continues to show "verifying".  I will let it run a about 15 more minutes and then I'll quit and shut down both and reboot and try again.

Has anyone else successfully updated from 1.01 to v2.0?

I'm on 2.0 now. I had a few hiccups a long the way though. 

• Reply 52 of 90
    onhkaonhka Posts: 1,025member

Best be patient.

As Apple, Macworld, etc., has said this could take a while…

Especially, if you don't keep the ?Watch and you iPhone nearby in Bluetooth range. Your ?Watch is not fully charged. And/or your ?Watch isn't connected to its charger.

Worse, if you try to restart you ?Watch during the process.

For what it is worth, love the new update and now, my ?Watch even more.

P.S. Installing or updating the ?Watch OS's has always been a drawn-out process. Funny, how many have forgotten this when they got their ?Watch in the first place.

• Reply 53 of 90

Ah, the usual "let's all pile on at the same time and then whine about it afterwards" forum after a significant software update from Apple.

Nothing to see here. Move along....

• Reply 54 of 90
    How do you move an app to the apple watch to make it "native"?
  • Reply 55 of 90

I'm definitely loving the new 2.0 update. With all the new features, the watch feels like a brand new device now. Great job Apple!

• Reply 56 of 90

OK with my iPhone whining that it couldn't connect to the watch and then noting that it was "unable to connect to server", my watch was apparently updating itself (apple logo with a slow moving clock face moving back up towards 12 O'clock).   Started this process at 10:10 AM this morning and it just finished at 1:44 PM.   Both my iPhone and watch now confirm that I am on 2.0.

Suggestion, make sure your watch is right next to your phone (must be in bluetooth range).   I had missed this as my charger is in the bedroom.  I suspect that was part of the problem.   The other issue is patience - this update takes a long time.  So plan on not watch it, just let it do its thing...

Now off to explore the wonders of v2.0...

• Reply 57 of 90

As they get updated, iPhone apps that come with a Watch app will just be native, usually, as developers have to actively update apps to support running natively on the watch. So, you cannot just move any old iPhone app to your watch and make it native, and I'd keep checking for updates in the App Store on your phone, and reading release notes there, to see when the apps you've installed start having native watch apps.

• Reply 58 of 90
    xacto wrote: »
    How do you move an app to the apple watch to make it "native"?
    The developer must release a new version for that.
  • Reply 59 of 90
    acidedge76 wrote: »
    *ding*ding*ding* We have a winner! Removing the Beta Profile and restarting both made the update show up immediately! Thanks so much!

How do you delete a profile from the Apple Watch app? I'm on beta 9.1 and I think this might be my problem as to why I can't update my watch. I've been stuck on verifying update for an hour now.
  • Reply 60 of 90
    Hmm...ridiculous install...an hour to download to iPhone, now going on 3 hours still "verifying" on watch...read hundreds of error installation problems similar to this one in the past hour onlinr while figuring out whether to pull the plug or not...they say to wait, its taking up to 5 hours so far to install...