T-Mobile CEO says iPhone 6s preorders up 30 percent over iPhone 6

2»

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 30
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 7,309member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmz View Post

     

    I feel bad for T-Mobile retail and support staff. They literally change their entire policy, plans, and offerings weekly.




    That’s the CEO trying hard to make a dent in the universe. Good for him. Adapt or die.

  • Reply 22 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post



    But...but...but....it's only a minor upgrade from the 6. Who'd waste money to buy what's essentially the same phone again?

    Well look at this line from the article "a relatively modest evolution, mostly adding 3D Touch, faster processors, and better cameras."

     

    This is easily the biggest iPhone update  - there are going to sale a boatload 

    - a no brainer - if you are on a yearly upgrade program

     

    A9 2500/4340 (Geekbench)


    4K 12MP iSight Camera


    5MP 1080p Facetime camera with Retina flash


    New LTE chip (up 300 Mbps)


    Wifi (up to 868 Mbps)


    Touch ID (twice as fast)


    2G RAM

    7000 aluminium casing


    New Gorilla Glass

    3D Touch
  • Reply 23 of 30
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,449member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by BobSchlob View Post

     



    Yeah, he totally didn't say that. He didn't 'imply' that.

    You simply read that into his simple statement about himself and T-Mobile service.




    You are correct, I inferred it. Nevertheless it is a significant possibility which explains T-Mobile's pre-order increase over the 6, one I had not thought of before until I read his comments.

  • Reply 24 of 30
    shenshen Posts: 434member
    Well look at this line from the article "a relatively modest evolution, mostly adding 3D Touch, faster processors, and better cameras."

    This is easily the biggest iPhone update  - there are going to sale a boatload 
    - a no brainer - if you are on a yearly upgrade program
    <span style="line-height:1.4em;"> </span>

    A9 2500/4340 (Geekbench)
    4K 12MP iSight Camera
    5MP 1080p Facetime camera with Retina flash
    New LTE chip (up 300 Mbps)
    Wifi (up to 868 Mbps)
    Touch ID (twice as fast)
    2G RAM

    7000 aluminium casing
    New Gorilla Glass

    3D Touch

    The A9 benchmarks make me glad I am getting a phone, but looking at the jump over A8 I am likely going to try and hold on to my iPad mini until I can get an A9 in that. That is some serious CPU they crammed in there.
  • Reply 25 of 30
    Oh doomsayers & wallstreet-bedwetters, reality is always bumping into you...
  • Reply 26 of 30
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,449member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by shen View Post





    The A9 benchmarks make me glad I am getting a phone, but looking at the jump over A8 I am likely going to try and hold on to my iPad mini until I can get an A9 in that. That is some serious CPU they crammed in there.



    I agree, this is as big a deal as the 5S 64-bit A7 chip technology. And that's why my 5S is a great investment I will not upgrade from until the at least the iPhone 7. Prior to that revelation, the 5S updates didn't really appeal to me. Of course now that I have one and have used Touch ID, I will never go back and am thinking of upgrading my perfectly serviceable iPad 3, just to get the that feature! 

     

    And that underscores the myriad of reasons why someone might upgrade their devices, and why they might not. If I felt like I needed that processor power, I might upgrade. Or if I needed the greater camera MPs. Or if I needed a gold phone, or if I needed the status of assuring my peers knew I had the 6S by carrying one in Rose gold.

     

    I will upgrade to an iPhone 7, even if they don't offer one in a 4" screen because I want ?Pay, and the service will be widespread enough by then to make a difference. Right now, it's not. Likewise with the faster networking speeds -- those benchmarks don't really mean much unless the services one is using can actually take advantage of the increased speeds and abilities. From a purely practical perspective, I don't see the need for anyone who already has a 6, to upgrade to a 6S. And I would maintain the same is true of the 5S, and the 4S, and the 3GS, as well. Moreover, I'm not entirely certain why anyone thinks Apple needs a substantial upgrade base from the one-year previous model in order for it to be a success, especially in light of Apple's ever increasing marketshare from foreign markets, added carriers, and platform converts.

  • Reply 27 of 30
    When you're practically giving away the iPhone of course orders are going to be up.
  • Reply 28 of 30
    shenshen Posts: 434member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Mac_128 View Post

     



    I agree, this is as big a deal as the 5S 64-bit A7 chip technology. And that's why my 5S is a great investment I will not upgrade from until the at least the iPhone 7. Prior to that revelation, the 5S updates didn't really appeal to me. Of course now that I have one and have used Touch ID, I will never go back and am thinking of upgrading my perfectly serviceable iPad 3, just to get the that feature! 

     

    And that underscores the myriad of reasons why someone might upgrade their devices, and why they might not. If I felt like I needed that processor power, I might upgrade. Or if I needed the greater camera MPs. Or if I needed a gold phone, or if I needed the status of assuring my peers knew I had the 6S by carrying one in Rose gold.

     

    I will upgrade to an iPhone 7, even if they don't offer one in a 4" screen because I want ?Pay, and the service will be widespread enough by then to make a difference. Right now, it's not. Likewise with the faster networking speeds -- those benchmarks don't really mean much unless the services one is using can actually take advantage of the increased speeds and abilities. From a purely practical perspective, I don't see the need for anyone who already has a 6, to upgrade to a 6S. And I would maintain the same is true of the 5S, and the 4S, and the 3GS, as well. Moreover, I'm not entirely certain why anyone thinks Apple needs a substantial upgrade base from the one-year previous model in order for it to be a success, especially in light of Apple's ever increasing marketshare from foreign markets, added carriers, and platform converts.




    Get a watch for Apple pay. I can't even describe how great it is to use Apple pay from your wrist. Worth the cost for that feature alone.

  • Reply 29 of 30
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

     



    That’s the CEO trying hard to make a dent in the universe. Good for him. Adapt or die.




    Thank you captain obvious. The point remains. I bet CS reps from TMobile are the most clueless of all the carriers. Unless they've checked Twitter in the last hour, they don't know what the company is offering.

Sign In or Register to comment.