Best Headphones?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,431member
    [quote]Originally posted by MrBojanglez50:

<strong>Hmurchison, but when you compare them to similar speakers with the same price tag they don't sound too good now do they?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I'll agree with that. Sony "can" make nice stuff...they just charge an arm and leg for it.
  • Reply 22 of 30
    [quote]Originally posted by CubeDude:

<strong>I just need something simple for MP3's. The Grado's are out of my range. Something under $40. I'm not doing any audio work, they will be used with a desktop. Also, I am getting it as a replacement. My last pair of headphones, I think, were fried. :confused: . They will be used with a cube(as if you couldn't figure that out). That pair was just a cheap pair that came with my CD player. A comfortable pair would be good.</strong><hr></blockquote>

For everyday listening I like the "smaller ear-buds" with my iBook. I got a Sony pair about a year ago. They were real cheap ($12) and the sound is great. However the cord is too short (1.1 meter) and I have to sit very close to my iBook with them. I need to go grab an extension cable. I have some much older Sonys that sound much worse, but the cable on those is a little longer and it makes a world of difference.
  • Reply 23 of 30
    xionjaxionja Posts: 504member
    i don't know technical stuff but . . . I tried out those Bose headphones the other day. WHEW those things are nice when listening to music with the soundblocker on, you can't hear anything even someone standing next to you shouting. Expensive though
  • Reply 24 of 30
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    [quote]

For everyday listening I like the "smaller ear-buds" with my iBook. I got a Sony pair about a year ago. They were real cheap ($12) and the sound is great. However the cord is too short (1.1 meter) and I have to sit very close to my iBook with them. I need to go grab an extension cable. I have some much older Sonys that sound much worse, but the cable on those is a little longer and it makes a world of difference.

<hr></blockquote>

I'll check those out. I'm not very far from the speakers, so that should be great.
  • Reply 25 of 30

<strong>I just need something simple for MP3's. The Grado's are out of my range. Something under $40. I'm not doing any audio work, they will be used with a desktop. Also, I am getting it as a replacement. My last pair of headphones, I think, were fried. :confused: . They will be used with a cube(as if you couldn't figure that out). That pair was just a cheap pair that came with my CD player. A comfortable pair would be good.</strong><hr></blockquote>

well then...like i mentioned, Koss Port Pro for $35 at most...good design, good sound. Can't really do any better under $40...i don't think...
  • Reply 26 of 30
    [quote]Originally posted by xionja:

<strong>i don't know technical stuff but . . . I tried out those Bose headphones the other day. WHEW those things are nice when listening to music with the soundblocker on, you can't hear anything even someone standing next to you shouting. Expensive though </strong><hr></blockquote>

anyone who knows audio stuff will tell you that you can ALWAYS get better sounding stuff than Bose for MUCH cheaper! Bose just have a very well paid legal department that sues the a$$ off of anyone who post a un-favorable review of their product...if you go to dedicated audio sites, Bose stuff never come in the top 10 in any catagory...

With that said, I got the cheapest Bose bookshelves for like $50/pair from Fry's, and thought they are okay for $50, but wouldn't pay more for it though...nothing that comes out of it seems very "clean", but I get what I paid for ^_^;
  • Reply 27 of 30
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    If you want something that blocks sound out, get the Etymotic canalphones - cheaper than b*se and are some of the best headphones in the world in terms of sound.
  • Reply 28 of 30
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Why does everyone hate Bose? My Wave Radio sounds great! (I plug my iBook into sometimes with a y-cable)

Their noise cancelling headphones are pretty cool, but the price is a joke. Packing the processing unit into the headphones themselves would be cool (the thing's as big as an iPod)
  • Reply 29 of 30
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    Why does everyone hate bose? Well, they make a lot of overpriced things, everything they make can be had for better and cheaper. Read:

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~busenitz/bs.html"; target="_blank">http://home.earthlink.net/~busenitz/bs.html</a>;
  • Reply 30 of 30

<strong>

I'll check those out. I'm not very far from the speakers, so that should be great.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I think if I was going to get some right now, these are what i'd buy.

<a href="http://www.headphone.com/layout.php?topicID=3&subTopicID=26&productID=00200 80004" target="_blank">Sennheiser MX 400</a>