Rose gold iPhone 6s models said to represent as much as 40% of preorders

Comments

• Reply 21 of 49
    badmonkbadmonk Posts: 1,294member
    oh Wall Street with your crazy targets....14 million in 3 days????
  • Reply 22 of 49
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Cpsro View Post

Edit: pardon me, you did mean the normal gold.

[Congratulations, you are soon to be disappointed. The color is light pink, not the promised rose gold. Almost the entirety of any copper or gold tint you may detect in pics is either photoshopped, simply inaccurate, auto-color-correction to yield a better flesh tone, or reflections of skin or other beige-ish objects nearby. Smooth versus matte finishes aside, the rose gold iPhone color looks nothing like the color of the rose gold Watch Edition. In neutral light, the "rose gold" iPhone and Sport Watch are pink.]

There's no way you could have seen one in the wild, so your assessment is moot. I'll let you know on Saturday.

That aside, if it's 'pink', so be it. My manhood will not feel threatened....;) 

• Reply 23 of 49
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,198member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dreyfus2 View Post

What point are you trying to make? Everybody knows it is not actual gold

We all know the gold iPhone isn't actual gold either, but it is gold in color. (The rose gold Apple Watch Edition is also gold in color, with rose added.) In contrast, the rose gold iPhone and Apple Watch Sport are not a shade of gold but are pink, and that's my point. What is so difficult to comprehend about it, other than the insane marketing by Apple?

• Reply 24 of 49
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,198member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

There's no way you could have seen one in the wild, so your assessment is moot. I'll let you know on Saturday.

That aside, if it's 'pink', so be it. My manhood will not feel threatened....;) 

I've seen the rose gold Apple Watch Sport, which is pink, and been assured by Apple store employees that the rose gold iPhone will be identical in color and finish.

• Reply 25 of 49
    I'm in the UK and pre-ordered the rose gold 6s Plus on the first day this was possible. I received an email to say my phone would arrive on Friday September 25 unless my post code was mentioned in a list they provided. It wasn't. Since then I have heard nothing. I'm guessing it won't arrive tomorrow as I have had no notice of dispatch.
  • Reply 26 of 49
    cpsro wrote: »

I've seen the rose gold Apple Watch Sport, which is pink, and been assured by Apple store employees that the rose gold iPhone will be identical in color and finish.

Oh, I've seen the rose gold Watch too. We're good then.
  • Reply 27 of 49

They call it rose gold, but that is pink.

• Reply 28 of 49
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bdkennedy View Post

They call it rose gold, but that is pink.

Metallic pink. Big difference to Hello Kitty and Barbie fans.

• Reply 29 of 49
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Total B. S. Preorders are being fulfilled from existing pre manufactured stock. Mine's being shipped, as we speak, from Harrisburg PA!

So like his last quarter nonsense sell number this is just fantasy.
  • Reply 30 of 49
    Same situation like you @gonza124

Ordered my iPhone 6 plus 128 GB on Sep 14(Monday) and i was told shipping date would be Oct 19 and few days back shipping date changed to oct 16 and today i got a UPS notification that it would be delivered on launch day tomorrow :)
  • Reply 31 of 49

Thats awesome, still wonder how that happened. They must have receive more stock out of now where. Anyways I'm glad it will deliver tomorrow!

• Reply 32 of 49
    Quote:

We all know the gold iPhone isn't actual gold either, but it is gold in color. (The rose gold Apple Watch Edition is also gold in color, with rose added.) In contrast, the rose gold iPhone and Apple Watch Sport are not a shade of gold but are pink, and that's my point. What is so difficult to comprehend about it, other than the insane marketing by Apple?

Rose gold IS pink: In a RGB color space, hex #b76e79 (also known as Rose gold) is composed of 71.8% red, 43.1% green and 47.5% blue.

• Reply 33 of 49
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 2,000member
    Quote:

It is not pink. I have seen the Apple Watch Sport in rose gold myself, in person, a few times.  It is not "pink".  It is a metallic pale, matte pink color with shiny metallic highlights (Apple symbol,button edges, etc), and not the pink color my daughter likes.  I don't know why this is so important to you and why you continue to shout out about it being "pink"

• Reply 34 of 49
    512ke512ke Posts: 782member

I noticed that Apple updated its iPhone designs to make sure everyone knows the gender significance of the colors. Not. /s

I actually think gold bling works for anyone, male, female, other, or in-between.

• Reply 35 of 49
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dickprinter View Post

How the frigg does this guy know this? Supply chain source data would not indicate how many Rose Gold iPhones have been ordered. 

Depends how deep his insider contacts are. Each iPhone that is preordered, is shipped in it's own box with its own barcode, shipping label printed with model number, directly from China. The numbers could be determined with extreme accuracy at the fulfillment center in China. Perhaps that is where he got his figures.

• Reply 36 of 49
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

So much for all the geniuses against the Rose Color Gold. Glad Apple ignores rumor sites.

Still too early to start with this kind of bravado ...

For starters, let's see how many of those rose gold iPhones get returned for a different color when the customer finally sees them.

Second, its already been discussed that many customers upgrading to the latest iPhone on day one, are typically those who want to show off that they have the latest technology. Having a rose gold iPhone 6S sets them apart from last year's 6. So there's understandably a high demand for it. There's also the fact that it's the first pink iPhone, which is going to attract a lot of first time adopters, in much the same way that the 6 Plus sold extremely well initially to presumably Android switchers, but later sales projections show it running behind even the 5S and the 5. Let's see how well rose gold is selling after a couple of months before making the claim that it's the most popular color. 

?And finally, this is all speculation by a Wall Street analyst. Hardly verification of anything. It never ceases to amaze me that some people on these forums will rip apart analysts as no-nothing idiots when they say things that hurt Apple, and back their speculations as gospel when they support Apple. Astounding. 

• Reply 37 of 49
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    But but pink. Oh wait, those people already commented. Seriously. Who cares, you're not getting a rose gold iPhone.
  • Reply 38 of 49
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zroger73 View Post

This was the best phone my mom ever had. Dad had the navy blue one.

Loved that phone. Had steel gray one. Since I never used it all that much to talk with when smartphones came out (aka, the iPhone) going to the slab just made sense. Still does.

• Reply 39 of 49
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    zroger73 wrote: »
    Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    I've not yet seen a Rose Gold iPhone,
    Neither have you.
    T'is true and thus I will never neither purchase a metallic beige nor metallic light pink. I will instead purchase a granite silver, or slate gold, if you prefer.

The point being that the naming of colors is a big deal. Marketing deal, that is. Not as much as actually developing the colors themselves but important nonetheless. Would it have sold as much if it was called kitty pink?
  • Reply 40 of 49
    sog35 wrote: »
    paxman wrote: »
    T'is true and thus I will never neither purchase a metallic beige nor metallic light pink. I will instead purchase a granite silver, or slate gold, if you prefer.

The point being that the naming of colors is a big deal. Marketing deal, that is. Not as much as actually developing the colors themselves but important nonetheless. Would it have sold as much if it was called kitty pink?

What color is rose?

Depends on her mood.