Apple redesigns iTunes Connect, updates Apple Store app for iPhone 6s

Posted:
in General Discussion edited September 2015
Ahead of Friday's iPhone 6s release, Apple pushed out a redesigned iTunes Connect content management Web tool for developers, and issued an updated Apple Store app with support for iOS 9 and iPhone 6s features like 3D Touch.

Compared to previous iTunes Connect designs, the version debuted on Thursday sports a revamped user interface more in line with Apple's consumer-facing Web assets, as seen in an overview posted to the company's developer website.

Perhaps the biggest functional feature addition is an automatic release feature that lets developers specify a date and time they want their app to be published to the App Store after it passes review. Pricing and availability options are also enhanced with easier control over promotional price and regional rollout settings.

The TestFlight management window also receives a makeover with a cleaner layout enabling quick access to multi-platform testing, build history and version control.

Apple details other small UI improvements and feature additions directly on iTunes Connect.

The Apple Store iOS app also received an update on Thursday, bringing iOS 9 compatibility improvements and support for iPhone 6s and 6s Plus hardware.

While not a major update for current iPhone owners, those getting their hands on an iPhone 6s or 6s Plus tomorrow will be able to access device-specific features like 3D Touch. For now, the Apple Store app only takes advantage of Home Screen Quick Actions, which in this case lets users navigate to orders, store locator and main shop panes.

Apple also notes iOS 9 compatibility upgrades, but fails to detail specific changes.

The Apple Store app for iOS is a free 28.6MB download from the App Store.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4

As of THIS moment I will NEVER buy another Apple phone.  Why?  I installed the latest update hoping that it would find my “lost ringtone, message tone, etc. 

Support said to “reset” the phone the sounds would be back, but I’d need to reinstall the wallpaper.  No biggie. One reset later … factory installed ringtones rang … not the 50 some ringtones I had taken OFF my Android and saved, converted them to MP3’s and installed on my Mac Pro desktop, and iPhone. 

The person at tech support said, Sorry …. just re-install them from the iTune store - which I did not BUY there as I explained AGAIN.  I also explained rather loudly that Apple (during the backup to the MacPro shortly before the upgrade)  had NO permission to REMOVE these “non-iTune” items from the MacPro which sits in the privacy of my own home!  THIS  IS  AN  ILLEGAL  attempt of trying to force the use of the iTune store only for items such as this.  I asked if they remember Microsoft’s long, drawn out court battle about a decade ago.  

I am finished updating my iPhone, and most likely buying Apple phones,  if not Mac’s.  Since Steve Job’s left us APPLE has gone to hell, and back! 

• Reply 2 of 4
    ^^^ You tell quite a tale. ????
  • Reply 3 of 4
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    dkirkwood wrote: »
    As of THIS moment I will NEVER buy another Apple phone.  Why?  I installed the latest update hoping that it would find my “lost ringtone, message tone, etc. 

Support said to “reset” the phone the sounds would be back, but I’d need to reinstall the wallpaper.  No biggie. One reset later … factory installed ringtones rang … not the 50 some ringtones I had taken OFF my Android and saved, converted them to MP3’s and installed on my Mac Pro desktop, and iPhone. 

The person at tech support said, Sorry …. just re-install them from the iTune store - which I did not BUY there as I explained AGAIN.  I also explained rather loudly that Apple (during the backup to the MacPro shortly before the upgrade)  had NO permission to REMOVE these “non-iTune” items from the MacPro which sits in the privacy of my own home!  THIS  IS  AN  ILLEGAL  attempt of trying to force the use of the iTune store only for items such as this.  I asked if they remember Microsoft’s long, drawn out court battle about a decade ago<span style="line-height:1.4em;">.  </span>

I am finished updating my iPhone, and most likely buying Apple phones,  if not Mac’s.  Since Steve Job’s left us APPLE has gone to hell, and back! 

Interesting. So any MP3 material is removed from iTunes or just Ringtones? By which I mean is this action limited to those items used by the OS or does it include content? BTW don't have an earlier back up somewhere? Even if not, however annoying, this is hardly a reason to go and buy a crap Android phone, that's called biting your nose of to spite you face!
  • Reply 4 of 4
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    I can't wait, it must be years since Apple changed the iTunes interface ... oh wait a minute ... ;)