Apple adds 'Active Collection' colors to three Beats headphone lines

Posted:
in General Discussion edited September 2015
Apple on Thursday added new "Active Collection" colors to three of its Beats headphone lines, including its Tour2 and Powerbeats2 Wireless in-ear models, and the over-the-ear Solo2 Wireless.

Solo2 Wireless
Solo2 Wireless

Each product is now available in bright blue, red, and yellow colors, at no extra cost. The Tour2 costs $130, while the Powerbeats2 Wireless is $200, and the Solo2 Wireless runs $300.

The latter two products are shipping immediately, but the Tour2 is slightly delayed -- the fastest possible delivery date is Sept. 30.

Tour2
Tour2

Powerbeats2 Wireless
Powerbeats2 Wireless

Relatively few changes to Beats hardware have been made since Apple's takeover in 2014, the most significant being the launch of the Solo2 Wireless in November. Apple also added silver, gold, and space gray options to Beats products for the sake of color-coordinating with iOS devices.

That could mean that Apple will add a rose gold color to match the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus, which launch on Friday. The company doesn't typically do much advance publicity for Beats hardware.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    I may indeed need a pair of the little Beats now that I heard AppleTV is supporting bluetooth headphones.

For my iPhone, nothing can beat the pair of Phillips Fidelio Lightning headphones I just got. Outstanding.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    pmz wrote: »
    I may indeed need a pair of the little Beats now that I heard AppleTV is supporting bluetooth headphones.

For my iPhone, nothing can beat the pair of Phillips Fidelio Lightning headphones I just got. Outstanding.

Surely you're mistaken as I have recently been informed that you can't use the Lightning for headphones¡ If you do, you get interference, hence the 3.5mm jack¡

Seriously though, those look great, and the reviews are stellar.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    whoa; bluetooth headphones work with the new apple tv? that's almost enough of a reason for me to buy one. wish this was also supported on the xbox.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Originally Posted by schlack View Post

whoa; bluetooth headphones work with the new apple tv?

And forces nVidia to update their crappy chart.

• Reply 5 of 9
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post

Surely you're mistaken as I have recently been informed that you can't use the Lightning for headphones¡ If you do, you get interference, hence the 3.5mm jack¡

Seriously though, those look great, and the reviews are stellar.

They are great. And they complete the puzzle for people (like me) who have 24-bit FLACs to listen to, and an App like Vox or FLAC Player to play them. Literally the best possible quality on an iPhone today, delivered through headphones.

• Reply 6 of 9
    Originally Posted by pmz View Post

And they complete the puzzle for people (like me) who have 24-bit FLACs to listen to, and an App like Vox or FLAC Player to play them.

Does XLD handle 24-bit FLAC yet? Convert to ALAC and iTunes ‘em.

• Reply 7 of 9
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    "active"?

I really wish Apple would apply Apple quality construction to these. They fall apart and feel cheap.

Beats may be popular but they have a bad name within the tech industry and are a joke to actual sound engineers. Check Amazon reviews, it's been the same song for years.

I know it's a dead horse but it's been over a year already. I wanna get excited for Beats headphones.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Apple fans really are sheep. They completely stole the colour scheme and functionality from SMS Audio.

http://smsaudio.com/products/on-ear-wired-sport

They've been offering these sport headphones in these colours with these features since 2014. Quite pathetic that the most "innovative tech company" bought another overhyped tech company to just mimic existing brands. But hey, you sheep can dish out your money and get excited about a product already available on the market.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pmz View Post

They are great. And they complete the puzzle for people (like me) who have 24-bit FLACs to listen to, and an App like Vox or FLAC Player to play them. Literally the best possible quality on an iPhone today, delivered through headphones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Does XLD handle 24-bit FLAC yet? Convert to ALAC and iTunes ‘em.

I've always wanted to use my iPhone to listen to lossless audio. I keep downloading a lot of shows in FLAC and SHN. I've got a pair of PowerBeats2 Wireless. Does the iPhone have the power to output audio at that bitrate, or will it get attenuated?