First iPhone 6s bend test shows off nearly unbendable 7000 series aluminum

Comments

• Reply 21 of 48

True!

• Reply 22 of 48
    sunsmasher wrote: »
    These people who do this are complete morons. They really need to get a life!

It's about commerce. High-view videos get the creator paid by YouTube/Google with ad revenue sharing arrangements. Blithering idiots like "PewDiePie" make millions of dollars from his moronic game playing videos.
  • Reply 23 of 48

Does that mean they are morons AND good businessmen? 8-)

• Reply 24 of 48
    misamisa Posts: 827member

I'm a bit curious on the screen; iFixit broke the bottom edge off when they opened the phone.

Another video out there says iPhone 6 is 30lbs and the iPhone 6S is 80lbs of stress for bending the frame. Given that's the 6/6S and not the Plus models.

I imagine that if the case is as inflexible as it is, that might mean that the only real way to break the screen is dropping it face-down... and then stomping on it. But I'm not going to be testing that.
  • Reply 25 of 48
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I can’t wait for the day when an iPhone breaks one of their blenders. Or at least causes it to seize up and grind the gears.

I wouldn't be surprised if it already happened with something.  They probably wouldn't air it since it's propaganda videos for their product.

• Reply 26 of 48
    some saw this as an admission by Apple? They try to improve every aspect of their phones in each release. Was this an admission also that the touch ID was too slow? The processor not fast enough even though it beat most devices in benchmark performance? Let's raise the bar apple insider...really...
  • Reply 27 of 48
    This bullshit again? And btw, it wasn't a "minor controversy". It was a bunch of assholes going around to Apple Stores to get their 15-seconds of fame.

not exactly. I had to exchange my 6 a couple months ago due to be bending. front pocket, didn't survive a go-carting, bent against the side of the cart. was pretty shocked since I thought it was all BS... but it did get bent. and they did replace it no problem.
  • Reply 28 of 48
    It seems they have a different SI system there. 2 mm thicker....sure. Morons.
  • Reply 29 of 48
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NolaMacGuy View Post

not exactly. I had to exchange my 6 a couple months ago due to be bending. front pocket, didn't survive a go-carting, bent against the side of the cart. was pretty shocked since I thought it was all BS... but it did get bent. and they did replace it no problem.

Had nothing to do with being in your pocket and everything to do with being carelessly smashed against the inner wall of a go cart, with force applied by gas-powered acceleration.

• Reply 30 of 48

If it's more resistant to bending, it's not because of some magic alloy. All aluminum alloys have essentially the same flexural modulus, meaning they're all about as easy to bend. If the 6S is more rigid, it's because Apple changed the mechanical design of the casing.

• Reply 31 of 48
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NolaMacGuy View Post

I'm bringing in my iPhone 6 today. Slightly bent from being in my pocket, screen starting to separate. it makes a clicking noise when I press on it.

• Reply 32 of 48
    sunsmasher wrote: »
    Does that mean they are morons AND good businessmen? 8-)

They are taking a calculated risk. It would be amusing if no one clicked on iPhone destruction videos.
  • Reply 33 of 48
    rayzrayz Posts: 814member

I've done it! I've destroyed one!

"CruiseMissileGate"

I'll have the video up as soon as they've dug me out of the rubble of my apartment block!

• Reply 34 of 48

No ... hang on, wait.

It still works.

Dangit!

• Reply 35 of 48
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pmz View Post

Had nothing to do with being in your pocket and everything to do with being carelessly smashed against the inner wall of a go cart, with force applied by gas-powered acceleration.

I doubt that's what he told them happened. 

• Reply 36 of 48
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,945member

That's a tough phone.

• Reply 37 of 48
    jd_in_sbjd_in_sb Posts: 1,600member
    My 6Plus has a slight bend in it. Probably from being in my front blue jeans pocket sometimes. I never put it in my back pocket. The problem of the 6Plus bending is real.
  • Reply 38 of 48
    idreyidrey Posts: 647member
    Apparently the the iPhone 6s + doesn't drown
  • Reply 39 of 48
    Quote:

Originally Posted by idrey View Post

Apparently the the iPhone 6s + doesn't drown

That kid really bugs me.

• Reply 40 of 48
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,945member

That kid really bugs me.

"I jutht don't even know what to thay"

Good. Maybe you could thut the hell up then.