iPhone 6s launch day scenes from Apple Stores around the world

Comments

• Reply 21 of 46
    kent909 wrote: »
    Good now that this is out of the way the rumors for the iPhone 7 can start.
    I hear they're going to improve the camera, it's going to be twice as fast, and according to Ming-Chi Kuo there are already problems with the supply chain.
  • Reply 22 of 46
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 2,000member

I don't, but some people like the social aspect of standing in line for something "exciting."   We waited like 4.5+ hours in line in San Fran for WWDC keynote and met all sorts of new friends and acquaintances, including one guy I am with whom now collaborating on a project.   While I "hated" the wait, it was kind of fun to be in line with interesting people.  (Though I would rather have not had to get up at 5am and be in line at 5:30 with a friend who had been there since 4:30 and was saving a place for us).

Friend of mine in Alaska got up early and waited at an AT&T store but when he got in they had no Rose Gold phones.  He is now in line at the Apple store downtown.   He has one on preorder but delivery is not for a few weeks.   

Not for me, but the social aspect is compelling or some.

• Reply 23 of 46
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by alvinguzman View Post

Yea, unless other people know you have the 'new' phone - the S models are crap.

Looking at the 6s/6s+ the Iphone 7 will have a hard time topping this phone - besides an A10 processor everything else will remain the same.

Cameras will not increase from 12MP, same 2GB RAM, same radios, etc.

Maybe that's why Rose Gold is so popular...because people know it's new.

My guess is the iPhone 7 will be radically different. In Apple's world, radical means no physical home button. 

• Reply 24 of 46
    chadbag wrote: »
    I don't, but some people like the social aspect of standing in line for something "exciting."   We waited like 4.5+ hours in line in San Fran for WWDC keynote and met all sorts of new friends and acquaintances, including one guy I am with whom now collaborating on a project.   While I "hated" the wait, it was kind of fun to be in line with interesting people.  (Though I would rather have not had to get up at 5am and be in line at 5:30 with a friend who had been there since 4:30 and was saving a place for us).

Friend of mine in Alaska got up early and waited at an AT&T store but when he got in they had no Rose Gold phones.  He is now in line at the Apple store downtown.   He has one on preorder but delivery is not for a few weeks.   

Not for me, but the social aspect is compelling or some.

I think waiting in a line with likeminded people can be fun. Nice to discuss Apple with people with varying expectations and points of view.
  • Reply 25 of 46
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 2,000member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I think waiting in a line with likeminded people can be fun. Nice to discuss Apple with people with varying expectations and points of view.

Misery loves company :)

I think you are right, actually.   IF I have to wait in line, I'd rather wait in line for something Apple or similar where like minded or interesting people would also be.

• Reply 26 of 46
    calicali Posts: 3,494member

Looking at the 6s/6s+ the Iphone 7 will have a hard time topping this phone - besides an A10 processor everything else will remain the same.

EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. .....
    satchmo wrote: »
    Maybe that's why Rose Gold is so popular...because people know it's new.

My guess is the iPhone 7 will be radically different. In Apple's world, radical means no physical home button. 

I predicted Rose Gold would be a high seller. Some people thought it wasn't a big deal. We'll see if Apple releases color numbers.

And while I'm at it I bet China will sell the most rose gold iPhones.
  • Reply 27 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DanielSW View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Shoot me if I ever go to one of these things.

You miss out on a lot of fun in life by worrying what others will think of you.

You miss out on a lot more if they shoot you...

• Reply 28 of 46
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    satchmo wrote: »
    Are we still doing this in 2015?

Yea. No different than waiting in line for a new book or new movie.

I heard lines are 1% shorter. Apple is doomed™!
  • Reply 29 of 46

• Reply 30 of 46
    Quote:

Originally Posted by schlack View Post

doomed i tell ya doomed! apple has been doomed repeatedly since the iPhone 4!

Ha! Apple has been doomed at least since 1981 and the Apple /// computer.

• Reply 31 of 46
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,949member

The 7S is going to be quite an upgrade from my 5.

• Reply 32 of 46
    ireland wrote: »
    Shoot me if I ever waste time posting to an online forum.
  • Reply 33 of 46
    tokyojimu wrote: »
    ireland wrote: »
    Shoot me if I ever waste time posting to an online forum.

Don't move, the bullet's on its way. :lol:
  • Reply 34 of 46
    jungmark wrote: »
    Yea. No different than waiting in line for a new book or new movie.

I heard lines are 1% shorter. Apple is doomed™!

Surprisingly, I was able to walk into my local Apple Store at 11:00am and walk out with a phone 45 minutes later (128GB 6s Plus, Silver, AT&Tingular). No reservation until I got there, line wasn't too bad.
  • Reply 35 of 46
    rogifan wrote: »
    I know a lot of people love this day but I actually think it sucks. We get post after post and YT video after YT video of first impressions with people who've used the phone for a few minutes but are already giving us their verdict on battery life, speed, UX etc. We get stupid videos about how an app that takes less than a second to launch is slightly faster than last years phone.

And 99% of the comparisons are to the 6 or 6 Plus even though most upgrades are likely coming from 5/5S/5C owners. :rolleyes:

Except of course that side by side the 5s and the 6 were about the same speed and in certain specific operations the 5s was faster.

Pays to be on the S cycle bro
  • Reply 36 of 46
    cali wrote: »
    Where's the robot?

Did everyone just shove it out of the way when the doors opened??

I was hoping this article would have answered that as well.
  • Reply 37 of 46
    Just checking in but we have 2 brand new 64gb Space Grey 6s models. Big upgrade over the 4s that we came from!
  • Reply 38 of 46
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cy_starkman View Post

I was hoping this article would have answered that as well.

I understand it was robbed by a mugger in an alleyway on the way back home.

• Reply 39 of 46
    Kinda want to get rid of my 6 and get a 6S and say bye bye to my iPad mini.
  • Reply 40 of 46
    After waiting in line for the iPhone 3GS for almost 12 hours in June 2009, I decided that preorders were the way to go. That said, I think every Apple fan should participate in this annual event at least once.