• Reply 41 of 46

Picked up: iPhone 6s

Sold: iPhone 6 Plus (yes I downsized)

Bought: Tech 21 Evo Mesh Sport case

Bought: iPad Mini 4

Yeah, I'm happy.

• Reply 42 of 46
    zabazaba Posts: 226member
    I've just read the new Siri and dictation privacy policy. I'm shocked, as I understand it you have to either agree or Switch off Siri. Bad Apple.
    ---
    When you use Siri and Dictation, the things you say and dictate will be recorded and sent to Apple to process your requests. Your device will also send Apple other information, such as your name and nickname; the names, nicknames and relationship with you (e.g. “my dad”) of your address book contacts, song names in your collection, HomeKit-enabled devices in your home (e.g. “living room lights”), and the names of your photo albums (collectively, your “User Data”). All this data is used to help Siri and Dictation on your iOS device and any paired Apple Watch understand you better and recognise what you say. It is not linked to other data that Apple may have from your use of other Apple services.

If you have Location Services turned on, the location of your device at the time you make a request will also be sent to Apple to help Siri and Dictation improve the accuracy of responses to your requests. You may choose to turn off Location Services for Siri. To do so, open Settings on your iOS device, tap Privacy, tap Location Services, tap Siri & Dictation and select Never.

You may choose to turn off Siri or Dictation at any time. To turn off Siri, open Settings on your iOS device, tap General, tap Siri, and slide the Siri switch to “off”. To turn off Dictation, open Settings, tap General, tap Keyboard, and slide the Enable Dictation switch to “off”. If you turn off both Siri and Dictation, Apple will delete your User Data, as well as your recent voice input data. Older voice input data that has been disassociated from you may be retained for a period of time to generally improve Siri, Dictation and dictation functionality in other Apple products and services. This voice input data may include audio files and transcripts of what you said, related diagnostic data, such as hardware and operating system specifications and performance statistics, and the approximate location of your device at the time the request was made.

You can also restrict the ability to use Siri & Dictation altogether under the Restrictions Setting.

By using Siri or Dictation, you agree and consent to Apple’s and its subsidiaries’ and agents’ transmission, collection, maintenance, processing and use of this information, including your voice input and User Data, to provide and improve Siri, Dictation and dictation functionality in other Apple products and services.
  • Reply 43 of 46
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,167member
    So...why would there be business for a scalper? The production lines for these babies are already geared up after making the 6. There should not be the shortages of last year. Unless the new vibrator or screen ends up short.
  • Reply 44 of 46
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    zaba wrote: »
    I've just read the new Siri and dictation privacy policy. I'm shocked, as I understand it you have to either agree or Switch off Siri. Bad Apple.
    ---
    When you use Siri and Dictation, the things you say and dictate will be recorded and sent to Apple to process your requests. Your device will also send Apple other information, such as your name and nickname; the names, nicknames and relationship with you (e.g. “my dad”) of your address book contacts, song names in your collection, HomeKit-enabled devices in your home (e.g. “living room lights”), and the names of your photo albums (collectively, your “User Data”). All this data is used to help Siri and Dictation on your iOS device and any paired Apple Watch understand you better and recognise what you say. It is not linked to other data that Apple may have from your use of other Apple services.

If you have Location Services turned on, the location of your device at the time you make a request will also be sent to Apple to help Siri and Dictation improve the accuracy of responses to your requests. You may choose to turn off Location Services for Siri. To do so, open Settings on your iOS device, tap Privacy, tap Location Services, tap Siri & Dictation and select Never.

You may choose to turn off Siri or Dictation at any time. To turn off Siri, open Settings on your iOS device, tap General, tap Siri, and slide the Siri switch to “off”. To turn off Dictation, open Settings, tap General, tap Keyboard, and slide the Enable Dictation switch to “off”. If you turn off both Siri and Dictation, Apple will delete your User Data, as well as your recent voice input data. Older voice input data that has been disassociated from you may be retained for a period of time to generally improve Siri, Dictation and dictation functionality in other Apple products and services. This voice input data may include audio files and transcripts of what you said, related diagnostic data, such as hardware and operating system specifications and performance statistics, and the approximate location of your device at the time the request was made.

You can also restrict the ability to use Siri & Dictation altogether under the Restrictions Setting.

By using Siri or Dictation, you agree and consent to Apple’s and its subsidiaries’ and agents’ transmission, collection, maintenance, processing and use of this information, including your voice input and User Data, to provide and improve Siri, Dictation and dictation functionality in other Apple products and services.

I'm pretty sure Siri did this prior to iOS 9.
  • Reply 45 of 46
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,563member
    entropys wrote: »
    So...why would there be business for a scalper? The production lines for these babies are already geared up after making the 6. There should not be the shortages of last year. Unless the new vibrator or screen ends up short.

Absolutely nothing from the 6 assembly lines will work with the 6s. The shell is a different, much harder, material, with a different shape and requires completely different machining, and every other component and component layout is new, including the display glass.
  • Reply 46 of 46
    I checked out the new iPhones yesterday at a Verizon store on a nearby campus. Certainly nice, particularly the larger screen on plus model, but not really worth getting excited about. My iPhone 5 serves my needs quite well and there are a host of more enjoyable and productive ways to spend the hundreds of dollars I save. I'd rather spend a fraction of that cost on a recent purchase, Patrick Fermor's A Time of Gifts, an account of his journey on foot across central Europe just after Hitler took power in Germany. Far more fascinating that tapping on a bit of glass.