Aaron Sorkin tears into Tim Cook over 'opportunistic' comments

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 128
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    Wow, does AI only work certain hours? This has been walked back and every news outlet is covering this except AI.

Aaron Sorkin Apologizes for Blasting Tim Cook's 'Opportunistic' Comment
  • Reply 122 of 128
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
    tmay wrote: »

That's what is known as a non-apology apology.
  • Reply 123 of 128
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    applecored wrote: »
    The fact that Sorkin is using the most valid source materiel, Walter Isaacson's official Jobs biography, and has top level talent willing to work with him, would suggest that his movie is an even handed view of Steve Jobs. .

Yeah I'm confused about this too ... Didn't Steve Jobs personally put his stamp of approval on the book? If that's the source material then who can say it's not reasonably accurate?
  • Reply 124 of 128
    tmaytmay Posts: 6,329member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Yeah! It's $2.50 an hour and 14 is considered to be of adult age in China.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-19965641

Nice little story you have there. Too bad its from 2012.

That little link would make you a liar no different than Aaron Sorkin.

Not saying it doesn't happen any more, but at least give Apple credit for putting its tremendous weight behind eliminating underage workers on Apple's assembly lines, and having policies in place supporting workers rights that are enforced by Apple.

Wanna bet that all of that arcane consumer crap that you are always praising has significantly less support of workers rights behind it than Apple products do?

• Reply 125 of 128
    tmaytmay Posts: 6,329member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac_128 View Post

Yeah I'm confused about this too ... Didn't Steve Jobs personally put his stamp of approval on the book? If that's the source material then who can say it's not reasonably accurate?

Wouldn't that be countered with the fact that Tim wasn't speaking to any film, just speaking about the opportunism of even making these films about Steve Jobs?

• Reply 126 of 128
    mac_128 wrote: »

No. He never read it. But he did approve Walter Isaacson to write it.
  • Reply 127 of 128
    frankie wrote: »
    Regardless of either of their comments there's no denying that Apple and other huge comapnies have exploited cheap labor overseas to make hundreds of billions in profits while screwing over the American workforce.

There's zero patriotism in that.

Don't be so quick to demonize business without also looking at your government and prison labor system.

If only 10% of the facts are true in this short documentary (which they are and then some), there's not an American alive that can with justification point any fingers at anyone, other than themselves in the mirror.

[VIDEO]
  • Reply 128 of 128
    I believe what Mr. Cook is/was upset about is people cynically making money off the memory of a personal acquaintance of his (if not a personal friend) who happened to be very famous. That's what he meant by "opportunistic". If Mr. Sorkin the auteur wanted to make a biopic of the gentleman who cleans my employer's offices at night, for example, then I wouldn't call him an opportunist. But using the inflated legend of Steve Jobs to make some bucks, yeah, that's an opportunist. And his martyr act at being called out is a classic eye-roller--methinks the gentleman doth protest too much.