Apple Watch Hermes collection launches in 10 styles & sizes at select retail locations

Posted:
in Apple Watch edited October 2015
Apple on Monday launched its new Herm?s luxury leather collection for Apple Watch with in-store-only sales at select locations, with models starting at $1,100 U.S.

The Apple Watch Herm?s collection is available in a total of 10 different style and size combinations. The hardware itself is based on the stainless steel Apple Watch, but the device is paired with a leather band made by Herm?s, a legendary Paris-based fashion brand.

In addition, the Apple Watch Herm?s collection also comes with special clock faces based on the Herm?s branding, which are exclusive to the hardware. Etched into the back of the hardware is the Herm?s name as well.

The Single Tour buckle design comes in the colors Fauvre and Noir in the 42-millimeter size, while the 38-millimeter model is available in Fauve, Noir, and Capucine leather bands. Pricing on the Single Tour starts at $1,100.

Apple and Herm?s are also offering a Double Tour design that can wrap around the wrist twice. It only comes in the 38-millimeter size, and is available with leather bands in Fauve, Etain, Capucine, and Bleu Jean. Double tour pricing starts at $1,250 U.S.

The tenth and final configuration is the Cuff model, which features a much larger leather band, and is only available in Fauve color in 42-millimeter size. It's priced at $1,500.

The Apple Watch Herm?s collection is not available to purchase online, and can only be found in a handful of Apple and Herm?s stores across the globe. For example, in North America, the Herm?s variant of the Apple Watch is only available in Los Angeles, Miami, New York, San Francisco, and Toronto.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 33
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member

Shown here: the elegant Hermés 'Clumsy Coil'...

• Reply 2 of 33
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    According to a tweet from Rene Ritchie some of the models sold out instantly in Miami. My guess is this will be more popular than people think. And I won't be surprised if we get additional partnerships in the future.
  • Reply 3 of 33
    Every instance of the name Hermés in the story appears as "Herm?s" in the mobile version of the site, FYI.
  • Reply 4 of 33
    rogifan wrote: »
    According to a tweet from Rene Ritchie some of the models sold out instantly in Miami. My guess is this will be more popular than people think. And I won't be surprised if we get additional partnerships in the future.

The women I've heard express an opinion of the Hermés band are really quite taken with it.
  • Reply 5 of 33
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member
    People want like they like%u2014that's fine. It's not for me though!

Looks like a cross between a high-end watch and a makeshift wilderness tourniquet.
  • Reply 6 of 33
    nagromme wrote: »
    People want like they like%u2014that's fine. It's not for me though!

Looks like a cross between a high-end watch and a makeshift wilderness tourniquet.

This site has a real problem rendering certain characters.
  • Reply 7 of 33
    gqbgqb Posts: 1,934member

The band's not for me, but I love the watch face. I'd use it in a second it if were available by itself (which of course, it won't be.)

• Reply 8 of 33
    Nice piece of luxury for those who'd rather not carry around a $10K chunk of gold on a daily basis.
  • Reply 9 of 33
    sog35 wrote: »
    This will be a hot seller.

Speed is still severely lacking on the Watch. Launch an app and it still takes 5-10 seconds for the app to load. I'll ask Siri to set an alarm or timer and its not instant. Siri has to think for a while and then it takes a few seconds for the app to launch. I thought watchOS 2 was supposed to fix this. It just makes for an unpleasant experience, especially when you know how good it could be if not for the delays.
  • Reply 10 of 33
    What a disastrous launch for the Hermes Apple Watch today in NYC. First the staff for the apple store main tel # for the NYC 5th Avenue Apple Store- tell me it's goes on sale at Midnight on the 5th Ave store that is open 24/7. Wrong- really at 9am Monday. Then I go to the store at 9am only to be told that they do not have all the watches in stock (what??)- specifically non of the Double Tours at any NY location and that they will not take info for a wait list nor be able to tell me when it may be in stock. Huh? Really??
    If you are going to not premit advance ordering and be limited to only a few locations how do you do that?? Be respectful of people's time, energy and MONEY! I then walked over to the Hermes store and after waiting for them to open (1hr)- they first tell people that have everything in stock- but then they corrected that to say that they actually DO NOT have them either! What kind of launch is this?
    The worst part is that no one at the Apple Store had a clue about anything (like they didn't even know the prices of the watches without looking it up) and then to not take a wait list for at least wasting ones time. At least Hermes was professional enough to offer water to those waiting on line and to take contact information for when they have more information on the missing stock (but they would not let you buy it in advance). Apple- if you want to be a part of the "luxury" market- you need to step up the customer service and not treat your loyal customers so poorly- it is all part of the "Luxury" mantra.
  • Reply 11 of 33
    boltsfan17boltsfan17 Posts: 2,294member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Speed is still severely lacking on the Watch. Launch an app and it still takes 5-10 seconds for the app to load. I'll ask Siri to set an alarm or timer and its not instant. Siri has to think for a while and then it takes a few seconds for the app to launch. I thought watchOS 2 was supposed to fix this. It just makes for an unpleasant experience, especially when you know how good it could be if not for the delays.

That's my biggest complaint with the watch. I use the weather often, but it's painfully slow when I check it on the watch. Hopefully we will start seeing more native apps. 

• Reply 12 of 33
    sflagelsflagel Posts: 803member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Boltsfan17 View Post

That's my biggest complaint with the watch. I use the weather often, but it's painfully slow when I check it on the watch. Hopefully we will start seeing more native apps. 

Even native apps, like stopwatch and alarm, can be slow. Still a good watch.

• Reply 13 of 33
    danielsw wrote: »
    Nice piece of luxury for those who'd rather not carry around a $10K chunk of gold on a daily basis.

About nine ounces of gold is hardly a "chunk".
  • Reply 14 of 33

What a disastrous launch for the Hermes Apple Watch today in NYC. First the staff for the apple store main tel # for the NYC 5th Avenue Apple Store- tell me it's goes on sale at Midnight on the 5th Ave store that is open 24/7. Wrong- really at 9am Monday. Then I go to the store at 9am only to be told that they do not have all the watches in stock (what??)- specifically non of the Double Tours at any NY location and that they will not take info for a wait list nor be able to tell me when it may be in stock. Huh? Really??

If you are going to not premit advance ordering and be limited to only a few locations how do you do that?? Be respectful of people's time, energy and MONEY! I then walked over to the Hermes store and after waiting for them to open (1hr)- they first tell people that have everything in stock- but then they corrected that to say that they actually DO NOT have them either! What kind of launch is this?

The worst part is that no one at the Apple Store had a clue about anything (like they didn't even know the prices of the watches without looking it up) and then to not take a wait list for at least wasting ones time. At least Hermes was professional enough to offer water to those waiting on line and to take contact information for when they have more information on the missing stock (but they would not let you buy it in advance). Apple- if you want to be a part of the "luxury" market- you need to step up the customer service and not treat your loyal customers so poorly- it is all part of the "Luxury" mantra.

• Reply 15 of 33
    boltsfan17boltsfan17 Posts: 2,294member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sflagel View Post

Even native apps, like stopwatch and alarm, can be slow. Still a good watch.

True, but I agree. I'm still very happy with the watch. 

• Reply 16 of 33
    boltsfan17 wrote: »

Yep I still wear and use my watch every day but we need speed badly. I can't imagine it's a hardware issue as many people are still using A5 devices just fine.
  • Reply 17 of 33
    bigpicsbigpics Posts: 1,397member
    Quote:

While this new world of high fashion Apple isn't for me (although, just a fact, not a brag, I could buy the products - but "status symbols" have never equated with "real value" for me, growing up fairly poor and then doing fairly well), it's still part of the storyline of Apple and Apple's impact in the worlds of tech, business, and now haute coutre - and I suspect Hermes may end up doing better by selling its name and prestige to Apple on an Apple watch than companies like Tag Heuer are going to do by going up against it and trying to merchandise "their own" "high end" watches with Android Wear (a name with little status attached) inside their own designer exteriors.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

This site has a real problem rendering certain characters.

Add "ongoing," "chronic" and "for years" to the above.  It's like nobody ever noticed that if you copy and paste from a word processor with smart quotes, etc. into a web editor that the apostrophes, quotes and certain other characters are always going to do this.

Very curious.  Although I will say I haven't seen it happening nearly as much recently on the web browser on my Mac or PC (I usually don't access it on my mobile).

Quote:

Early on, I heard many pundits saying the watch would likely keep the same basic design for more than a year (or two) as part of its fashion ecosystem rather that releasing an Apple Watch 2 in 2016, but clearly for all the work it's expected to do, it's going to take several timely iterations of at least the internals to get up to satisfactory speed and battery life if it's to achieve its broader acceptance goals beyond the early adopters who are buying it because it's the new gee-gaw on the block.

[There's also a chance the case will stay the same next year allowing at least Edition owners to swap in upgraded electronics.  Part of it depends, I'm guessing, on how much performance improvement is possible in 2016 and '17.]

And I expect the externals to also follow Apple's usual path of "you can't be too thin or too light"- and to make it visually clear that, yes, you have "the new fast one."  But once performance and charging requirements become less onerous, by 2017 or 18, external changes may indeed become less frequent and more subtle. 

Also, there may be more physical differentiation of the Sport, A-Watch and Edition cases beyond the material they're made of.  And possibly  another form factor or two in the higher ends. And round is also a possibility.  Many people really like round watch faces.  

But once the complaints of "too slow," "too little battery life" and "doesn't always show the time" are memories, some of those follow-on designs could conceivably stick around for years as "classics" a la the traditions of other high-end watch makers.

• Reply 18 of 33
    About nine ounces of gold is hardly a "chunk".
    Yes it is
  • Reply 19 of 33
    danielsw wrote: »
    Yes it is

A gold bar weighs just over 438 ounces. Nine ounces is tiny. You do know that gold is very heavy?
  • Reply 20 of 33
    jdunysjdunys Posts: 18member
    Wow. It is gorgeous! Very impressed by the way it looks.