Apple Watch Hermes collection launches in 10 styles & sizes at select retail locations

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielSW View Post

Yes it is

A gold bar weighs just over 438 ounces. Nine ounces is tiny. You do know that gold is very heavy?

At $1,133.68 per ounce, nine ounces of gold is at the very least a nice chunk of change. ;)

• Reply 22 of 33
    rogifan wrote: »
    sog35 wrote: »
    This will be a hot seller.

Speed is still severely lacking on the Watch. Launch an app and it still takes 5-10 seconds for the app to load. I'll ask Siri to set an alarm or timer and its not instant. Siri has to think for a while and then it takes a few seconds for the app to launch. I thought watchOS 2 was supposed to fix this. It just makes for an unpleasant experience, especially when you know how good it could be if not for the delays.

Sometimes Siri has a blonde moment... cut the poor girl some slack. Day in and day out it's nothing but, "Hey Suri this and Hey Suri that..."
  • Reply 23 of 33
    techlover wrote: »

danielsw wrote: »
    Yes it is

A gold bar weighs just over 438 ounces. Nine ounces is tiny. You do know that gold is very heavy?
    At $1,133.68 per ounce, nine ounces of gold is at the very least a nice chunk of change. ;)

What kind of ounces you got there, partner??
  • Reply 24 of 33
    rogifan wrote: »
    According to a tweet from Rene Ritchie some of the models sold out instantly in Miami. My guess is this will be more popular than people think. And I won't be surprised if we get additional partnerships in the future.

I agree with your last statement. We'll know when Apple has won that partnership game when Tag Heuer switches over too.

I can't imagine Tag Heuer trying to sell their stuff with an android ticking inside. I mean you can buy an ?watch with Micky Mouse on the outside, but a Tag Heuer has micky Mouse on the inside...
  • Reply 25 of 33

I have never seen a watch band sillier than this one. Fashion can get people to wear anything (or nothing, and anything in-between).

• Reply 26 of 33
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by TechLover View Post

At $1,133.68 per ounce, nine ounces of gold is at the very least a nice chunk of change. image

What kind of ounces you got there, partner??

Well I can tell you that if I ever pay that much for an ounce of anything, it better be as good as gold. :smokey:

• Reply 27 of 33
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    I agree with your last statement. We'll know when Apple has won that partnership game when Tag Heuer switches over too.

I can't imagine Tag Heuer trying to sell their stuff with an android ticking inside. I mean you can buy an ?watch with Micky Mouse on the outside, but a Tag Heuer has micky Mouse on the inside...

I'm not thinking of watch makers though. I'm thinking of Chanel, Gucci, Fendi, etc. They'll have custom bands and watch faces. Someone on MacRumors was at the upper east side store today and and said Apple sold at least 10 this morning. I will laugh my ass off if these sell really well. A nice big middle finger to all those concern trolls wh think Apple doesn't know what it's doing and doesn't get the fashion world.
  • Reply 28 of 33
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

I'm not thinking of watch makers though. I'm thinking of Chanel, Gucci, Fendi, etc. They'll have custom bands and watch faces. Someone on MacRumors was at the upper east side store today and and said Apple sold at least 10 this morning. I will laugh my ass off if these sell really well. A nice big middle finger to all those concern trolls wh think Apple doesn't know what it's doing and doesn't get the fashion world.

Wow! 10 whole watches! Why didn't the stock price go up then?

I thought Apple wasn't going after the luxury watch market? You even stated Apple wouldn't sell the watches in jewelry stores, and then they show up in Londons in NY. Funny how you changed your tune as soon as Apple played their cards, despite many of us predicting that fashion house like Hermes, Gucci, LV, etc. would all create designs for the ?Watch from the beginning.

• Reply 29 of 33
    mac_128 wrote: »

Wow! 10 whole watches! Why didn't the stock price go up then?

I thought Apple wasn't going after the luxury watch market? You even stated Apple wouldn't sell the watches in jewelry stores, and then they show up in Londons in NY. Funny how you changed your tune as soon as Apple played their cards, despite many of us predicting that fashion house like Hermes, Gucci, LV, etc. would all create designs for the ?Watch from the beginning.

What tune am I changing? When I said Apple wasn't competing with the luxury watch market (which is actually something Jony Ive said) I wasn't referring to luxury fashion brands that also happen to sell watches. I was referring to high end watch brands that sell watches for a lot more than ?Watch Hermés costs. Like Jaeger LeCoultre, Audemars Piguot, Hublot, Patek Philippe, Rolex, etc. Is a serious watch collector collecting Gucci watches? I doubt it. Same with Hermés. Hermés is known for their leather not as a watchmaker.
  • Reply 30 of 33

So glad the Hermés Apple Watch is not at the Philadelphia store. They wouldn't know what to do with it or how to sell it.

• Reply 31 of 33
    kpomkpom Posts: 660member

They should have had a reservation system. I got to the UES at 9:05 and wound up with the last 38mm Fauve Barenia Single Tour. They had no Double Tours or Cuffs in stock (though those were the only ones available for try-on), and while they were taking down names, it was simply to give them a call later when they came in (i.e. it wouldn't guarantee them a product later on). The Hermes store had about 40 in line when I walked past. I was about 10th in line and there were about 8-10 behind me.

• Reply 32 of 33
    From a launch party in Paris. Is it just me or does it look like J Ive lost some weight? That suit looks a bit baggy on him.

h.jpg

paul_deneve_pierre_alexis_dumas_axel_dumas_sir_jonathan_ive_et_marc_newson_jpg_1098_north_1160x_white.jpg