Magic Trackpad 2, Magic Mouse 2 & Magic Keyboard revealed in Apple's OS X 10.11.1 beta

Comments

• Reply 21 of 81
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    mac_128 wrote: »
    I don't care for all of Apple's product names, but this one I absolutely detest. It's like tools they issue students at Hogwarts. Magic Keyboard, Magic Mouse, Magic Trackpad, what's next, Magic Mike?

Magic: The Gathering
  • Reply 22 of 81
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member

Apple, why the **** can't I have a backlit keyboard for my $3,000 iMac? 

• Reply 23 of 81
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fallenjt View Post

what if a person only like keyboard and mouse combo. I mean oldies and wimen or non-tech folks? Apple must have both options. So, no combined keyboard-trackpad for sure. Backlit? Maybe.

Surely you don't believe that is the only reason to use a mouse. Non-tech folk? The **** is wrong with you? A mouse is essential for certain kinds of work and superior to the trackpad in all areas of speed and precision. I have the trackpad on my desk too, but it hardly gets used as it just slows you down. The gestures are great, but they don't make up for the lack of speed and precision.

• Reply 24 of 81
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    pmz wrote: »
    Apple, why the **** can't I have a backlit keyboard for my $3,000 iMac? 

That would be kinda cool.

Can I get an IBM Selectric keyboard for my iMac? If you've never typed on a Selectric, in my opinion you've never really typed.
  • Reply 25 of 81
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ecs View Post

Wasn't 3D Touch diferent to Force Touch? Everybody on the net seem to accept that 3D Touch is more advanced, allowing for different levels of force, while the former is just one force value. I really hope all Macs get the 3D Touch technology. If they're stuck at Force Touch, I'll pass.

Do you even know what you're talking about? The only difference between them is their brand name and implementation. On the iPhone it was possible to implement it in ways that don't translate to the watch or the mac, so it goes beyond those implementations. So much so that it was worthy of cool new bullet point marketing name.

• Reply 26 of 81
    kkerstkkerst Posts: 330member
    Not wired or wireless. Attach the keyboard directly to the Mac. Oh, wait...
  • Reply 27 of 81
    stompystompy Posts: 408member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac_128 View Post

I don't care for all of Apple's product names, but this one I absolutely detest. It's like tools they issue students at Hogwarts. Magic Keyboard, Magic Mouse, Magic Trackpad, what's next, Magic Mike?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Magic: The Gathering

Breaking: Apple acquires Magic Jack - Cook says Apple needed a fourth leg on their "Magic" stool.

• Reply 28 of 81
    stompy wrote: »
    Breaking: Apple acquires Magic Jack - Cook says Apple needed a fourth leg on their "Magic" stool.

Breaking news! Apple acquires the most magical place on Earth...Disneyland.
  • Reply 29 of 81
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    I'll pay a premium for a input device with Touch ID.
  • Reply 30 of 81
    mjtomlinmjtomlin Posts: 2,673member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ecs View Post

Wasn't 3D Touch diferent to Force Touch? Everybody on the net seem to accept that 3D Touch is more advanced, allowing for different levels of force, while the former is just one force value. I really hope all Macs get the 3D Touch technology. If they're stuck at Force Touch, I'll pass.

Yes, they are different in their implementation on recognizing "pressure". "Force Touch" uses force sensors, "3D Touch" senses changes in screen distance. However, they both are variable, meaning neither is limited to a single on/off value.

Also, I believe the Apple Pen uses force sensors as well. 

• Reply 31 of 81
    Well I hope they do a new mouse, because frankly the current one sucks. It's way too heavy and scrapes along the desktop. Try gaming with it some time...
  • Reply 32 of 81

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Breaking news! Apple acquires the most magical place on Earth...Disneyland.

Apple becomes the newest NBA owner, buys Orlando Magic, names Magic Johnson head coach.

• Reply 33 of 81
    mr omr o Posts: 1,046member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kkerst View Post

Not wired or wireless. Attach the keyboard directly to the Mac. Oh, wait...

It does make sense. No more fiddling with batteries, instead just plug in the lightning cable and you can continue your work with the same keyboard. Right now I have to switch to a wired keyboard while my batteries are charging.

• Reply 34 of 81
    mjtomlinmjtomlin Posts: 2,673member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

That would be kinda cool.

Can I get an IBM Selectric keyboard for my iMac? If you've never typed on a Selectric, in my opinion you've never really typed.

Keyboard... http://www.daskeyboard.com/daskeyboard-4-professional-for-mac/

Article... http://www.pcworld.com/article/251792/the_daskeyboard_brings_back_the_feel_of_an_ibm_selectric.html

• Reply 35 of 81
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac_128 View Post

Count yourself lucky that the Apple pencil isn't magical. 

• Reply 36 of 81
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

I'll pay a premium for a input device with Touch ID.

I'm curious to know what the ramifications of this might be regarding the connection to the machine. What I mean is that I assume Touch ID, if it's linked to Apple Pay or anything assuming a certain level of security, would require a secure connection. Are USB and/or BT secure enough? I'm sorry I'm completely ignorant on the subject, I just know from my old Chip & PIN days that the connection from the device to the machine was an issue they had to resolve initially.

Assuming a secure connection, I think it'd be very interesting to begin to see Touch ID make its way into these devices.

• Reply 37 of 81
    mr omr o Posts: 1,046member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac_128 View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by stompy View Post

Count yourself lucky that the Apple pencil isn't magical. 

Soon we'll be able to wave our ? pencil in front of the computer screen and exclaim magic spells like Harry Potter.

• Reply 38 of 81
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by williamlondon View Post

I'm curious to know what the ramifications of this might be regarding the connection to the machine. What I mean is that I assume Touch ID, if it's linked to Apple Pay or anything assuming a certain level of security, would require a secure connection. Are USB and/or BT secure enough? I'm sorry I'm completely ignorant on the subject, I just know from my old Chip & PIN days that the connection from the device to the machine was an issue they had to resolve initially.

Assuming a secure connection, I think it'd be very interesting to begin to see Touch ID make its way into these devices.

I'm basically dreaming because where would Apple put a secure enclave on OS X?   I know BT has encryption but is it suitable for something like Touch ID?  I think we're going to see Touch ID in Macs show up in laptops first because of the lack of needing BT connectivity and then perhaps support can be extended to connectable accessories. 

• Reply 39 of 81
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    I just want a wireless Magic Mouse with a cursor that doesn't jump all over the place.
  • Reply 40 of 81
    There were recent rumours that Homekit was late because of 2048 bit encryption problems and that works with BT/Wifi so good encryption is possible.