Polishing and waxing Ti

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Has anyone polished and waxed the paint on their Ti powerbook to keep it from peeling and chipping? I'm contemplating doing this but I wanted to get some feedback first. I would think it would be a good idea since it might protect it a little more. Im finding the white trim is getting a little dingy too where my wrists hit it.

Do you think this might void Apple warranty?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    trevormtrevorm Posts: 841member
    WOW! This certanly sounds interesting..

What model is your powerbook????

I must be the only person who doesnt hava a paint issue with my powerbook.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    vikingviking Posts: 127member
    667 MHZ DVI. I don'y really have a problem yet with my paint. I just want to protect myself from getting chips and scratches in the future.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Search <a href="http://forums.macnn.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=73"; target="_blank">here</a> for people who have done mods on their TiBooks. I haven't looked in a while, but I seem to remember a thread about this sort of thing. HTH.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    filfil Posts: 16member
    hey Viking,

I don't know about polishing or waxing... but to get rid of the dingy color around the white trim try dipping a Q tip in some rubbing alcohol and clean the white trim with the Q tip. You really have to use some elbow grease, but it really cleaned the white trim area for me. I can still see a few spots I missed with the Q-tip and it is a world of difference between the recently cleaned area and the spots I missed.

My Powerbook looked almost new when I finished, I forgot how the white trim was SUPPOSED to look, it's amazing how much dirt can build up :eek: .... yuck lol
  • Reply 5 of 6
    vikingviking Posts: 127member
    Thanks for the tip with the rubbing alcocohol. I'l give it a try.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    trevormtrevorm Posts: 841member
    [quote]Originally posted by Fil:

<strong>hey Viking,

I don't know about polishing or waxing... but to get rid of the dingy color around the white trim try dipping a Q tip in some rubbing alcohol and clean the white trim with the Q tip. You really have to use some elbow grease, but it really cleaned the white trim area for me. I can still see a few spots I missed with the Q-tip and it is a world of difference between the recently cleaned area and the spots I missed.

My Powerbook looked almost new when I finished, I forgot how the white trim was SUPPOSED to look, it's amazing how much dirt can build up :eek: .... yuck lol</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah! Good Idea! I was using window cleaner which is Alcohol based to clean my TiBook! Does a good job