Apple's new 12.9-inch iPad Pro has 4GB of RAM, doubling iPad Air 2

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 64

I'd understand that logic if the iPad wasn't from Apple, but Apple has a habit of naming things a certain way. So using Pro in the name of their base model on steroids follows a naming logic that they have been using for years. In fact, people in the know would have been surprised if Apple had NOT used Pro in the name. Samsung gets lambasted for having a legacy of theft from the very companies they manufacture for. In particular Apple. Hence the legal wars between them.

http://todayilearned.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/samsung-phones-before-and-after-iphones.jpeg

• Reply 62 of 64
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    I'd understand that logic if the iPad wasn't from Apple, but Apple has a habit of naming things a certain way. So using Pro in the name of their base model on steroids follows a naming logic that they have been using for years. In fact, people in the know would have been surprised if Apple had NOT used Pro in the name. Samsung gets lambasted for having a legacy of theft from the very companies they manufacture for. In particular Apple. Hence the legal wars between them.

http://todayilearned.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/samsung-phones-before-and-after-iphones.jpeg

Samsung has used Plus on a smartphone since at least 2011, so they have more history using it on smartphones then Apple does.
  • Reply 63 of 64
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    Samsung has used Plus on a smartphone since at least 2011, so they have more history using it on smartphones then Apple does.
    I don't think anyone is saying Samsung shouldn't use Plus in the name of a product, the point is that Apple has every right to use Pro for theirs. If ONLY Samsung stuck to jacking names they wouldn't be embroiled in infringement battles.
  • Reply 64 of 64

I think the Pro is cool, but it's a but unexpected that Apple copies Microsoft ideas (Surface). Will be interesting to see how well it sells.