Apple, SAP, Imagine Dragons raise funds for migrant crisis relief with exclusive iTunes single

2

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 45
    lmgslmgs Posts: 63member

    Not like anyone cares, but I'm proud of most of the comments on here..    

     

    These "refugees" should go to other countries in the middle east..   This is just an excuse to invade Europe, when there are plenty of other countries in the region that could take them in..  

  • Reply 22 of 45
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    chadbag wrote: »
    Kind of a general description, but anyway.

    So what is fascistic about wanting to control an immigration invasion?
    Not the wish to control such a situation but the language used sugesting extreme intolerance, right wing nationalism, and let it be said, ignorance.
  • Reply 23 of 45
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,192member
    Fascists were authoritarian, using the power of the state to achieve their aims. I don't see what is particularly right wing about that. All this tossing about of right and left wing isn't very useful. Those of a collective bent seem to fling 'right wing' about as a form of abuse.

    Better to consider increasing amounts of state control as you move left along the spectrum, ultimately reaching full on communism. While individual action, with decreasing state influence along the right, ultimately reaches anarchy.

    In this sense, fascism tends to be more on the left.
  • Reply 24 of 45

    Threads like this are truly fascinating. 

  • Reply 25 of 45
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by guiguihip View Post



    You, Americans, should stop pretending you know everything about what's going on everywhere, especially in Europe!  After all, if it wasn't for immigration, the US wouldn't be what it is today, would it?

     

    I know plenty about Europe, I was just there this summer and came back last month. Let's dispel the myth that Americans don't know anything about Europe. Some apparently do, such as myself and plenty of others too. Plane tickets aren't all that expensive, unless somebody is a bum. I've been to Europe so many times that I've honestly lost count.

     

    And let's also crush the straw man argument that immigration is a bad thing. Immigration is fine, illegal immigration is not fine at all. There's an important difference between the two.

  • Reply 26 of 45
    richlrichl Posts: 2,213member
    apple ][ wrote: »
    I know plenty about Europe, I was just there this summer and came back last month. Let's dispel the myth that Americans don't know anything about Europe. Some apparently do, such as myself and plenty of others too. Plane tickets aren't all that expensive, unless somebody is a bum. I've been to Europe so many times that I've honestly lost count.

    A few open-topped bus tours don't make you an expert on European politics. Thanks for the open invitation to give my opinion on all American matters though.
  • Reply 27 of 45
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:



    Originally Posted by RichL View Post



    A few open-topped bus tours don't make you an expert on European politics. Thanks for the open invitation to give my opinion on all American matters though.

     

    Another straw man. Nobody's claiming to be an expert in this thread, and that doesn't invalidate anybody's opinion or the content of their post.

  • Reply 28 of 45
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Elian Gonzalez View Post

     



     And please, don't tell us to "look it up." 


     

    If you don't look it up yourself and do a bit of your own research you probably won't believe it anyway.

  • Reply 29 of 45
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Well this thread stayed nice and reflective of humanity and common decency for all of zero seconds.
  • Reply 30 of 45
    paxman wrote: »
    Damn! I meant to drop by Appleinsider but accidentally went to Fascisminsider.

    It's spelled "Fassbinder". Doi!
  • Reply 31 of 45
    richlrichl Posts: 2,213member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

     

     

    Another straw man. Nobody's claiming to be an expert in this thread, and that doesn't invalidate anybody's opinion or the content of their post.


     

    I can't wait for the next gun control thread after a mass shooting. I've visited both coasts of America so my opinion is as valid as any local's.

  • Reply 32 of 45
    richl wrote: »
    I can't wait for the next gun control thread after a mass shooting. I've visited both coasts of America so my opinion is as valid as any local's.

    How is that relevant?
  • Reply 33 of 45
    apple ][ wrote: »
    I know plenty about Europe, I was just there this summer and came back last month. Let's dispel the myth that Americans don't know anything about Europe. Some apparently do, such as myself and plenty of others too. Plane tickets aren't all that expensive, unless somebody is a bum. I've been to Europe so many times that I've honestly lost count.

    And let's also crush the straw man argument that immigration is a bad thing. Immigration is fine, illegal immigration is not fine at all. There's an important difference between the two.

    I should have made it clear that what I meant is that, as you said, SOME Americans know quite a bit about Europe and about what's going on there, which is clearly not the case of everyone on this website.
    Totally agree with you on the difference between legal and illegal immigration, and what that difference means and implies.
  • Reply 34 of 45
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    It's spelled "Fassbinder". Doi!
    Fassbinder would have been a more interesting destination in this case (unfortunately), but only if the right wing homophobes on this thread were not there. Fassbinder was a complex and interesting character and filmmaker, but also gay, deviant and anti establishment ;)
  • Reply 35 of 45
    paxman wrote: »
    Fassbinder would have been a more interesting destination in this case (unfortunately), but only if the right wing homophobes on this thread were not there. Fassbinder was a complex and interesting character and filmmaker, but also gay, deviant and anti establishment ;)

    How about Michael Fassbinder?
  • Reply 36 of 45
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    How about Michael Fassbinder?

    You are talking about Fassbender. Great actor.
  • Reply 37 of 45
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 2,004member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by paxman View Post





    Not the wish to control such a situation but the language used sugesting extreme intolerance, right wing nationalism, and let it be said, ignorance.



    Can you give some examples of "extreme intolerance", "right wing nationalism" (left wing nationalism is ok?), and "ignorance"?

  • Reply 38 of 45
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 2,004member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by RichL View Post





    A few open-topped bus tours don't make you an expert on European politics. Thanks for the open invitation to give my opinion on all American matters though.



    Living in the UK probably doesn't make you an expert on European politics either.   The UK is much different than France or Germany or Austria or Hungary.

     

    I've lived in Germany, over two occurrences, for almost 4 years.   Does not make me an expert.   But I certainly do have informed opinions.

  • Reply 39 of 45
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 2,004member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by RichL View Post

     

     

    I can't wait for the next gun control thread after a mass shooting. I've visited both coasts of America so my opinion is as valid as any local's.




    There is an extensive body of research on gun control.  Most all of it shows that it doesn't work.  Most recently a study out of Harvard.  Not sure why your opinion is worth anything.   Especially being in the UK, where violence and gun violence has only gone UP after misguided "gun control" legislation was passed end enforced.

  • Reply 40 of 45
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 2,004member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by paxman View Post





    Fassbinder would have been a more interesting destination in this case (unfortunately), but only if the right wing homophobes on this thread were not there. Fassbinder was a complex and interesting character and filmmaker, but also gay, deviant and anti establishment image



    The left wing intolerants are ok though?

Sign In or Register to comment.