Apple turns to Twitter for official Apple Music tech support

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited October 2015
Users who need help with the newly launched Apple Music subscription streaming service can now turn to an Apple-controlled Twitter account for technical support.

The official @AppleMusicHelp account went online on Wednesday, offering live assistance for Apple Music users during set hours. The account is advertised as active seven days a week, from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Pacific Time.

Apple representatives controlling the account have thus far requested more details via Twitter direct message from users seeking assistance.

The new account joins the official Beats by Dre Support presence on Twitter, which debuted in July.

Though Apple has a number of specialized Twitter accounts, including a newly launched profile dedicated to App Store games, it still does not have a main @apple account. Chief Executive Tim Cook and other company executives are, however, on Twitter with personal accounts.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 22
    What kind of 'tech' support would be needed for a streaming service!? Is there some deep complication I am missing? And if there is, isn't that more like a design defect given the nature of the product!?
  • Reply 2 of 22
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    What kind of 'tech' support would be needed for a streaming service!? Is there some deep complication I am missing? And if there is, isn't that more like a design defect given the nature of the product!?
    It is a fairly complicated piece of software and it has issues. Different issues for different people. Check the feed out.

Mind you, the display of messages only show Apple's responses - all requesting DM (direct mail?) details. It would be much more useful to see people's problem's listed imo. Maybe that is a twitter thing. I am not very familiar.
  • Reply 3 of 22
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,284member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Never under estimate the stupidity of the general public.

• Reply 4 of 22
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member

Spotify has one (@spotifycares). So does Microsoft (@MicrosoftHelps). I hope this means we'll get something like this for other Apple products.
  • Reply 5 of 22
    So what is a number of paid Apple Music subscribers? Has Apple released that yet?
  • Reply 6 of 22
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by paxman View Post

It is a fairly complicated piece of software and it has issues. 

I'm sorry and forgive my language, but this statement is absolute fucking bullshit.

• Reply 7 of 22

DM = Direct Message. Also referred to as a Private Message sometimes.

• Reply 8 of 22
    Quote:

Why do you people insist in criticizing things you know nothing about?

• Reply 9 of 22

This seems like a better medium for contacting Apple Support for Apple Music, as compared with calling the usual Apple Tech Support.

• Reply 10 of 22
    croprcropr Posts: 1,124member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mike1 View Post

Never under estimate the stupidity of the general public.

Never under estimate the design mistakes of the Apple Music app; they are much more important.

• Reply 11 of 22
    calicali Posts: 3,494member

Yesterday it took me what seemed like forever to get the simple "make available offline" work on an album. It would "download" but as soon as I went offline so would the album. Imagine the infuriation for people who need to be offline for hours due to traveling etc. just to see their downloaded songs have disappeared.

Here's a problem I ran into. The song was downloaded for offline use(you can see te symbol) but when I tried to play offline I got this cryptic puzzle of a message.
    After re reading it 5 times I just gave up. I just wanted to play the damn song. To make things worse the artist name was blinking in and out randomly.
    pmz wrote: »
    I'm sorry and forgive my language, but this statement is absolute fucking bullshit.

Almost everyone agrees it's the most complicated Apple software and has a large share of problems. This is why these iOS updates are so upsetting to me. I want the entire Apple Music UI to be updated and revamped, at this point I don't care about anything else.

My cousin came over and he's a big Apple fan. He told me how amazing Apple Music was. I asked him if he downloaded anything for offline(he uses an iPod) and he said "you can do that?!!"

Point is, it shouldn't be this hard to use.
  • Reply 12 of 22
    cropr wrote: »

Never under estimate the design mistakes of the Apple Music app; they are much more important.

If it's too hard for the general public to use, it's too hard.

It's funny how Apple fans praise their simplicity of design and ease of use yet as soon as Apple fails at that they blame the public for being "too stupid".
  • Reply 13 of 22
    auxioauxio Posts: 2,727member

Anyone who hasn't encountered a problem using Apple Music yet hasn't used all of the features (likely only used the radio station).

As mentioned, making music available offline (i.e. downloading the songs to your device) seems to be hit and miss.  I've found it works best if you do it on a song-by-song basis rather than doing it for an entire album or playlist (which is a pain).  Also, make sure to pay attention to the thin, blue downloading status bar at the top (just noticed that the other day) rather than just assuming that if a song has the offline icon beside it, it's fully downloaded.  That should solve the problem for most people.

As well, and has been mentioned before, I've had a number of songs from my music library be replaced by the absolute worst possible versions of those songs due to "matching".  Yes, the originals are still intact on my computer, but whenever I access those songs from other devices, it'll grab the matched/crap version.

• Reply 14 of 22
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    Quote:

Almost every single service from every company has a twitter help account. And, every SINGLE product, service, app, or software has help documentation or a guide. So, what is your point?

• Reply 15 of 22
    auxio wrote: »
    Anyone who hasn't encountered a problem using Apple Music yet hasn't used all of the features (likely only used the radio station).

As mentioned, making music available offline (i.e. downloading the songs to your device) seems to be hit and miss.  I've found it works best if you do it on a song-by-song basis rather than doing it for an entire album or playlist (which is a pain).  Also, make sure to pay attention to the thin, blue downloading status bar at the top (just noticed that the other day) rather than just assuming that if a song has the offline icon beside it, it's fully downloaded.  That should solve the problem for most people.

As well, and has been mentioned before, I've had a number of songs from my music library be replaced by the absolute worst possible versions of those songs due to "matching".  Yes, the originals are still intact on my computer, but whenever I access those songs from other devices, it'll grab the matched/crap version.

Hey I updated my message above. Check out that wacky problem I added.

Yesterday I got the blue bar and "downloading 16 songs" message but as soon as I went offline they'd disappear.

Downloading each song individually works but it's an unnecessary pain and when an album or playlist has 20+ tracks it's just tedious.
  • Reply 16 of 22
    slurpy wrote: »

Almost every single service from every company has a twitter help account. And, every SINGLE product, service, app, or software has help documentation or a guide. So, what the **** is your point?

You're quite a belligerent troll. Do you make these kinds of weird, asinine assumptions and conclusions in real life?

Your post sounds like you're off meds again.
  • Reply 17 of 22
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cropr View Post

What design "mistakes"? Please, give us a list and suggest improvements. Or is that too much work?

• Reply 18 of 22
    Quote:

Your post sounds like you're off meds again.

If there was anything untrue in my post, you would have pointed it out- instead, you make an irrelevent ad-hominem attack. One can easily point out the nastiest trolls, the ones would blurt out something non-sensical, and then when someone specifically comments on the content of their post, they make a comment such as yours, refusing to deal with the subject matter. How sad- try to find something joy in your life beyond your never-ending trolling on this forum. Trust me, you'll be happier. 

• Reply 19 of 22
    auxioauxio Posts: 2,727member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cali View Post

Downloading each song individually works but it's an unnecessary pain and when an album or playlist has 20+ tracks it's just tedious.

Agreed.  I also find myself going through and testing all of the offline songs I've added before I go out just to make sure, which shouldn't be necessary.

• Reply 20 of 22
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Almost every single service from every company has a twitter help account. And, every SINGLE product, service, app, or software has help documentation or a guide. So, what is your point?

Really? "Nearly every single service from every company"?

Can you show me one for El Capitan? Xcode? Or anything else from Apple? Why do you think this was a news item in AI? Did it occur to you that it was perhaps because this is the first one that Apple did? And you think that may have had something to do with its simplicity? Really?

C'mon....

You should really learn to control yourself a bit more. (But I see that some external forces have weighed in).