AT&T begins enabling Wi-Fi Calling for some subscribers

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 75
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    N/m
  • Reply 62 of 75
    Worked for me. I live in LA County.

Is this something only available for iPhone 6 and newer phones?
  • Reply 63 of 75
    Is this something only available for iPhone 6 and newer phones?
    5c or later:
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203032

Though that might vary by carrier.
  • Reply 64 of 75
    Working in Austin TX.
  • Reply 65 of 75

My phone is from Bend Oregon but I activated it just now in Washington DC, No problems

• Reply 66 of 75
    Activated here in NJ
  • Reply 67 of 75
    Working in Lincoln, Nebraska. Now I'll unplug my MicroCel and see how it does.
  • Reply 68 of 75
    dypdyp Posts: 33member

Let us know how it works out.

• Reply 69 of 75
    dypdyp Posts: 33member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyberzombie View Post

Getting "To allow Wi-Fi calling on this account, contact your carrier." in Cary, NC (research triangle).

Mine says the same.  # on my iPhone belongs to my company so I haven't made the call yet.  Let me know how it turns out.

• Reply 70 of 75
    Works here in Harrisburg NC (1 mile east of Charlotte,NC)
  • Reply 71 of 75
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,275member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesJpn View Post

I tried a couple of times but they always insisted on charging me.  I was actually going to call again this week after people with whom I was communicating said I kept cutting out.  I hope this works otherwise they will get a call and I will direct them to this thread to show that AT&T doesn't charge everyone.  Thanks for letting me know you got it for free.

No problem.  Please note that it was not an instant process. I called and spoke to a person and explained that while the signal was good in my general area, the couple of blocks around my home was just a dead spot for one reason or another. I also told them that I was going to be working from home (which was true) and I was just as likely to receive calls on my cell as my home office landline and I needed a reliable service. Then told the same story to a manager. They said they would check the signal at my home (outside while I wasn't home). About a week later, they told me they would send me one at no charge. Two other things may or may not have worked in my favor. I have a family plan with 5 lines and for whatever reason, Verizon's signal was fine at my house. I think it was about 4 weeks from my first call to when the microcell arrived. Good luck.

• Reply 72 of 75
    Is there any additional cost associated with using wifi calling? Whats the difference in this and facetime audio?
  • Reply 73 of 75
    Is there any additional cost associated with using wifi calling? Whats the difference in this and facetime audio?
  • Reply 74 of 75
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sam Graves View Post

T-mobile's FAQ page popped in a fast search, possibly differs by carrier so I'd look for your carriers FAQ,

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-9997

Here's AT&T:

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB426877

• Reply 75 of 75
    swat671swat671 Posts: 150member

Does not work for me at all even in Silicon Valley, ironically enough. I spent like an hour on the phone with AT&T trying to get it to work, but to no avail. Still bupkis.