10.1.3 tommorow.

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I am guessing that at quicktime live Apple will release a new version of OS X (10.1.3) and an all new version of quicktime (version 6).

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    Are OSes hardware?

Uh huh that's what I thought.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I sure hope so. 10.1.2 has been the worst for me.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    [quote]Originally posted by MacAddict:

<strong>Are OSes hardware?

Uh huh that's what I thought.</strong><hr></blockquote>

no, they're not, but until appleinsider brings back a "future software" forum, they get lumped in the mish-mash of general discussion, never to be heard from again. don't like the thread, then don't post.

me, all i am hoping is that os x gets better support for kick-ass-yet-older scsi cd-rw's, like i own. heck, it's a 12x10x32x. i REFUSE to think it's ready for the trash heap.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    I want fixed mp3 sound in avi!
  • Reply 5 of 9
    snoopysnoopy Posts: 1,901member
    Silly me. I'm just waiting for 10.2 to arrive. I don't want any update that isn't on a full install CD. If I need to reinstall, I don't want to wipe my hard drive clean to do it. Okay, if Apple gets an uninstaller for OS X I'll consider updating before that.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    You can bet the house it will be called 5.1.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by snoopy:

<strong>Silly me. I'm just waiting for 10.2 to arrive. I don't want any update that isn't on a full install CD. If I need to reinstall, I don't want to wipe my hard drive clean to do it. Okay, if Apple gets an uninstaller for OS X I'll consider updating before that.</strong><hr></blockquote>

why do you need to whipe your hd clean to do it? why would you even need to reinstall with osx?
  • Reply 8 of 9
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Moving to Mac OS X.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    glurxglurx Posts: 1,031member
    [quote]Originally posted by corvette:

<strong>I want fixed mp3 sound in avi!</strong><hr></blockquote>

I agree.

What I'd really like (and will never get) is an app that plays all the major multimedia file formats. Avi (including the all the zillion or so codecs), MPEG, RealMedia, Windows Media Player, QuickTime, DivX, whatever. I want a file to just play with my having to determine whether or not I have the requisite app and whether or not that app runs natively under 10.1 yet. And if I don't have the codec it automatically connects over the 'net and downloads it. This shouldn't be rocket science.