Samsung rushes out rose gold Galaxy to meet South Korea's iPhone 6s launch

Comments

• Reply 21 of 84

Samsung could at least throw a few TSMC chips in there to get some of their hardcore users frothing at the mouth. I mean, if you're gonna copy, let's not horse around.

• Reply 22 of 84
    This doesn't really bother me from a corporate competitive level. The part that does bother me, at the most basic human level, is that somone, somewhere, deep inside Samsung looked at this color and wholeheartedly believed that he/she was doing something of monumental originality. At no time did they ever blink once and consider the possibility that what they conjured up was a duplicated fabrication wrought by another entity, and not "a staggering work of heartbreaking genius."

That's sad.

You just know that deep down inside this person knew that they had to ride someone else's idea (or some Other Company's) in order to meet their 5 p.m. (Korean Standard Time) deadline on Friday last week.

Sad, very sad.
  • Reply 23 of 84
    512ke512ke Posts: 782member

• Reply 24 of 84
    This story makes the Samsung defenders super easy to spot.
  • Reply 25 of 84
    Polish a turd, it's still a turd!
  • Reply 26 of 84
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,092member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

What's funny is the silence of the Scamscum defenders.

• Reply 27 of 84
    jbdragonjbdragon Posts: 2,305member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tooltalk View Post

when Apple copies Samsung (eg, phablet), it's an innovation.  When Samsung copies Apple (eg, color) , it's a theft / disgrace / embarrassing / end of civilization.  LOL!!

Sure, Samsung always copies and everything Apple does is original, but this is hilarious. 

How can Apple Copy Samscum with a larger phone?  Samsung wasn't first.  Did you forget the Apple Newton, Out long before the first iPhone.  It was larger in size.   A larger phone, So what!  Guess what, When the first iPhone came out with the 3.5" screen, THAT was a large screen phone at the time back then!!!  So if anything you can all that the first Phablet.  Samsung and others just went larger after that.  Apple was still first.  You really don't know your history.

Let not forget the long list of Samsung Releases right after Apple does something.  Just some of the recent stuff,  With Siri, then S-Voice, iCLoud then scloud.  Apple Pay, then Samsung Pay, Apple Passbook,  Samsung sBook or whatever they called it.  Not only pretty much copying the name, but they almost look the same.  TouchID, there's Samsung After, and what do you know, the same Fingerprint on the screen filling out, just like Apple that did it first that way.  

Here's 3 pages of stuff.  REAL COPYING from Samscum!!!!  It's not even complete.

http://samsungcopiesapple.tumblr.com/

It really is just sad.  Was a zero idea company.  I'm 100% sure, 3D touch will be coming to the Samscum S7.  Of course it'll be a Gimmick as it would only be supported in TouchWiz, and not a part of Android, and so very little 3rd party support.   It's like the weak dual App on screen Multi tasking.  It's a Samscum only feature, not a part of Android and so very little support, unlike on iOS.  You fandroids really have some weak examples of Apple copying.   

• Reply 28 of 84
    jbdragonjbdragon Posts: 2,305member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by macinthe408 View Post

This doesn't really bother me from a corporate competitive level. The part that does bother me, at the most basic human level, is that somone, somewhere, deep inside Samsung looked at this color and wholeheartedly believed that he/she was doing something of monumental originality. At no time did they ever blink once and consider the possibility that what they conjured up was a duplicated fabrication wrought by another entity, and not "a staggering work of heartbreaking genius."

That's sad.

You just know that deep down inside this person knew that they had to ride someone else's idea (or some Other Company's) in order to meet their 5 p.m. (Korean Standard Time) deadline on Friday last week.

Sad, very sad.

It was 100%  copying Apple because it seems to be very popular for the iPhone!!!

Quite frankly, Samscum could have pretty much done anything else!!!  I's like to see a Blue Gold iPhone 7.  Right after Apple does something like that, there will be Samscum with their Blue Gold S7 with 3D Touch!!!  That's a Guarantee!!!

• Reply 29 of 84
    sflocal wrote: »

• Reply 30 of 84
    How can anyone with a shred of dignity or self-esteem continue to buy the products of these sad, pathetic, shameless, characterless, clueless, brazen, unprincipled, arrant reprobates!?
  • Reply 31 of 84
    shsf wrote: »
    Surely, there has to be some employee somewhere in their ranks that raised his hand and said: "I think you all are aware how utterly embracing for us what we are about to do is, right?"

Apparently, he has been sent off to N. Korea. On vacation...
  • Reply 32 of 84
    sflocal wrote: »

Surely, you underestimate @dasanman69 and @tooltalk. :lol:
  • Reply 33 of 84
    jkichlinejkichline Posts: 1,369member
    [IMG]http://forums.appleinsider.com/content/type/61/id/64289/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

They didn't even bother to change the color! What s rip off. What did they have to wait to get a new rose gold iPhone so they could color match it?
  • Reply 34 of 84
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

So predicatable and so pathetic, not to mention, beyond shameful.

I've been proudly discriminating against Fandroids for many years now, and for each year that passes, I feel more and more justified in my discriminating ways.:smokey:

• Reply 35 of 84

All I can say ...

:smokey: 

• Reply 36 of 84
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    The official colour designation is "Embarrassed-I-Bought-A-Samsung-Pink"
  • Reply 37 of 84
    mejsricmejsric Posts: 152member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jkichline View Post

They didn't even bother to change the color! What s rip off. What did they have to wait to get a new rose gold iPhone so they could color match it?

This missed the Gold iPhone 5s when they rush it before iPhone 5s released... now they wait for it to copy the perfect color.

• Reply 38 of 84
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    Oh Sammy. Will you ever cease to amaze us.
  • Reply 39 of 84
    mejsricmejsric Posts: 152member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tooltalk View Post

when Apple copies Samsung (eg, phablet), it's an innovation.  When Samsung copies Apple (eg, color) , it's a theft / disgrace / embarrassing / end of civilization.  LOL!!

Sure, Samsung always copies and everything Apple does is original, but this is hilarious. 

must be a regular visitor.. hilarious! if you still think Samsung is not copying Apple.

• Reply 40 of 84
    Of all the colors Samsung could have made the next Galaxy... they. chose. this. Pink Gold, aka Rose Gold.

C'mon. Common sense.