Samsung rushes out rose gold Galaxy to meet South Korea's iPhone 6s launch

Comments

• Reply 41 of 84
    wood1208wood1208 Posts: 2,913member
    Given copying rose-pink whatever color was easy but how Samsung going to imitate 3D touch to copy and fend-off iphone 6S.
  • Reply 42 of 84
    wood1208 wrote: »
    Given copying rose-pink whatever color was easy but how Samsung going to imitate 3D touch to copy and fend-off iphone 6S.

S-Touch. :lol:
  • Reply 43 of 84
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    tooltalk wrote: »
    when Apple copies Samsung (eg, phablet), it's an innovation.  When Samsung copies Apple (eg, color) , it's a theft / disgrace / embarrassing / end of civilization.  LOL!!

Sure, Samsung always copies and everything Apple does is original, but this is hilarious. 
    only idiots think size is copy. Apple came out with massive screen phone first: 3.5". Everyone else followed. Then size got bigger over time. Saying Apple copying Samsung on phone size is just plain dumb.
  • Reply 44 of 84

You joke... but I'm sure it's coming. I think Synaptics has something available for OEMs to use.

The problem is... it might only be available on Samsung apps.

I doubt any Android developer will support a feature that's only available on a handful of flagship Samsung phones.

So Samsung will brag about this feature... but you'll only be able to use it in S-Browser and S-Calendar ;)
  • Reply 45 of 84
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    Deep-Press or Deep-Touch lol.
  • Reply 46 of 84
    igorskyigorsky Posts: 754member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tooltalk View Post

when Apple copies Samsung (eg, phablet), it's an innovation.  

Actually HTC had large screen phones before Samsung.  There isn't anything worthwhile that Samsung has innovated.

If you want to show up for a conversation, at least bring the facts.

• Reply 47 of 84
    shsfshsf Posts: 302member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fallenjt View Post

Deep-Press or Deep-Touch lol.

Deep touch is what samsung does to the gullible buyer when they convince them to part with their hard earned cash. :smokey: 

• Reply 48 of 84

These kinds of threads are quite entertaining.

• Reply 49 of 84
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    Just waiting for someone to justify this. Usually someone does in comments sections.
    "Oh it's just a color and natural progression for phones. Apple didn't invent the color you isheep!"

(Though this ones pretty tough to justify!)
  • Reply 50 of 84
    fallenjt wrote: »
    only idiots think size is copy. Apple came out with massive screen phone first: 3.5". Everyone else followed. Then size got bigger over time. Saying Apple copying Samsung on phone size is just plain dumb.

That's ridiculous revisionist history. Everyone on this site recognized how different Samsung's approach to phone size was, and they made fun of them for it. The iPhone did not start the big phone trend in any way, shape, or form.
  • Reply 51 of 84
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    they aren't copying -- rose gold is the natural evolution of mobile phones.

isn't that what the defenders say about all the MacBook clones?
  • Reply 52 of 84
    That's ridiculous revisionist history. Everyone on this site recognized how different Samsung's approach to phone size was, and they made fun of them for it. The iPhone did not start the big phone trend in any way, shape, or form.

iPhone is a PDA. Newton was a PDA.

"iPad is just a big phone"

regardless, as Ive stated in an interview, of course they had larger phones in the lab years ago (iPhone 4 era), but they were too chunky. only once they got them slim enough did they decide it was time, since the size was offset by the thinness.

I know it hurts.
  • Reply 53 of 84
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,948member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Shervin View Post

"Hey boss, we should stop bribing politicians and poisoning and groping our employees just long enough to cobble together a pink phone..."

Pretty sure it's the other way 'round. Glass door reviews reveal upper management is a bunch of old, arrogant businessmen who wouldn't know innovation if it clobbered them them with a bat. I'm willing to bet the designers & engineers begrudgingly do what upper management wants with much better ideas getting brushed aside with lack of vision & trust from bigwigs in S. Korea.

• Reply 54 of 84
    fallenjt wrote: »
    only idiots think size is copy.

correct. size isn't a feature, it's a preference. like a medium shirt or an extra-large.
  • Reply 55 of 84
    nolamacguy wrote: »
    correct. size isn't a feature, it's a preference. like a medium shirt or an extra-large.

Agreed.

Size is a decision... not an innovation. You're right... small, medium large, etc are concepts we're all familiar with.

You can make an LCD panel in pretty much any size imaginable... and then design a product around it.

Just plug any number into X and then make a phone that is X"

It's actually tougher to build things smaller... so I don't really think making phones with bigger screens is such a feat.
  • Reply 56 of 84
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,356member
    Samsung is even pathetic at being pathetic.
  • Reply 57 of 84
    plovellplovell Posts: 824member
    I bet that next year South Korea will be on the list of first-day countries for iPhone 7.
  • Reply 58 of 84
    damonfdamonf Posts: 229member
    One year, I wish Apple would name a date for the South Korea launch, then stun everybody by moving up the release date by 2 weeks. Samsung wouldn't be able to react. HA!!
  • Reply 59 of 84
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NolaMacGuy View Post

Well, shirt size isn't really a preference. If I choose to wear a medium, I'd look a bit like Lou Ferrigno hulking out.

• Reply 60 of 84
    Quote:

Originally Posted by wakefinance View Post

Oh, stop. This is beneath even you.

It is laughably sad, and you know it. Don't embarrass the already-embarrassed Samsung users with ridiculousness like this.