Waze for iOS gets redesigned with new look, simpler interface, improved battery life

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by vmarks View Post

I'm not impressed with the new Waze interface. They attempted to simplify but they already had a simpler interface - the Windows Phone version of Waze was the best version of Waze. Had they ported it to Android and iOS, it would have been a good move. As it is, the new version simplifies the main screen well enough, but fails on basics - I can't edit or delete Favorites, can't assign a new address to Work...

The only nice thing I can say is that they did a better job than eBay did - eBay absolutely ruined their attempt at simplification.

The way you change your home and work address and this has been this way for a while it did not change with the latest update.

Click on the icon in the lower left conner then click on you name or handle at the middle top then a new window comes up and it has your account login and other information and you will see home/work you touch that and it allows you to edit those location.

To delet favorites you click on favorites on the search navigation screen, then you slide right on the fav you want to get information on and it will show you the delete icon. It is similar deleting emails, they are now follow Apple standard UI guidline, verse doing things the way they did it on Android and porting over to Apple.

• Reply 22 of 30
    Quote:

Originally Posted by photodenk View Post

Just used the new version for the first time heading somewhere unfamiliar. The lanes were much clearer on the map. Considering they still haven't brought over any of the Google lane assist features, this is much appreciated. I still don't understand why they don't have lane assist though...

Actually, you I have same complaint. TomTom Lane Assist was really good, I use to like how it would through up a view of what you would see on the highway with all the various lane and showed you the exact lane to be in. Waze just keep repeating you need to be in the left or right line or they get to the left or right after you exit and I travel in NJ with has some of the stupidest exits and highway sets you can image and I find that I am not in the correct lane because it is too hard to listen what waze is saying and dealing with traffica all around you.

• Reply 23 of 30
    Overly simplified where it didn't need to and way too cartoony to take serious. I appreciate the bright colours especially on a routing path, but the icons make it look Mickey Mouse-kid friendly and I'm a grown-ass man.
  • Reply 24 of 30
    vmarksvmarks Posts: 762editor
    maestro64 wrote: »
    The way you change your home and work address and this has been this way for a while it did not change with the latest update.

Click on the icon in the lower left conner then click on you name or handle at the middle top then a new window comes up and it has your account login and other information and you will see home/work you touch that and it allows you to edit those location.

To delet favorites you click on favorites on the search navigation screen, then you slide right on the fav you want to get information on and it will show you the delete icon. It is similar deleting emails, they are now follow Apple standard UI guidline, verse doing things the way they did it on Android and porting over to Apple.

If they were really following apple conventions I could change the locations with the edit button when in favorites. As it is, you're telling me it's somewhere else.
  • Reply 25 of 30
    vmarksvmarks Posts: 762editor
    maestro64 wrote: »
    Actually, you I have same complaint. TomTom Lane Assist was really good, I use to like how it would through up a view of what you would see on the highway with all the various lane and showed you the exact lane to be in. Waze just keep repeating you need to be in the left or right line or they get to the left or right after you exit and I travel in NJ with has some of the stupidest exits and highway sets you can image and I find that I am not in the correct lane because it is too hard to listen what waze is saying and dealing with traffica all around you.
    Magellan also used to be really good at showing exactly which lane you needed to be in. All of their apps were last updated in 2014.
  • Reply 26 of 30
    welshdogwelshdog Posts: 1,903member

I don't see Waze as a "maps" app at all. My understanding is that it's sole purpose is to get you to a chosen destination in the least amount of time by using it's crowd source traffic data.  It doesn't really do anything but that one thing.

As to the new interface, it looks nice.  The maps are easier to read.  I haven't tried it on the road yet, but I don't anticipate any change from the previous version.

• Reply 27 of 30
    Okay not sure what people are saying about the interface. I used it tonight and using warning is actually easier they made selecting the right item is much clearer and easier to find things without looking too hard.

Grant it the night map is not the greatest. From what I've seen it is not to bad.
  • Reply 28 of 30

Oh please Lords of Waze

Please, please, please let us turn off this useless annoying alert.

Let us turn off "Vehicle On the Shoulder" alerts!!

40-50 times a day in my long drive to and from work is driving me nuts

• Reply 29 of 30
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member
    Still no "While Using the App" privacy setting.

Fail.
  • Reply 30 of 30
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member
    Honestly, Apple should have an override setting for apps that refuse to honor people's privacy.