Review: Bose's SoundLink Mini is an exceptional Bluetooth speaker

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 73
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Carthusia View Post

I considered this one, but my own personal complaint is the big BOSE tag on the speaker grille. If I already chose a product and paid for it, I don't need to be reminded what it is. The only purpose for that is to advertise Bose's brand for them-lame! Contrast this with Apple; Apple typically designs their kit so the user needn't look at an ?-others might, but not the owner. I don't see an Apple logo on the front of my AppleTV or MacBook, iPhone, or iPad and it seems I won't see one on my ?Watch. It's my personal thing, but I avoid products with conspicuous logos as often as I can.

I see a whacking great ? on the front of my iMac every second I'm using it.

Ho-hum.

• Reply 62 of 73
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Carthusia View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagMan1979 View Post

Sorry, this is still illogical... You're essentially saying you'd be willing to buy a sub-par product over the superior product, just because of a corporate logo on the superior model. That completely defies rational reasoning. Almost every consumer electronics product made today, whether computers, home appliances, TV's, stereo amplifiers, coffee makers, have the corporate brand logo (and sometimes model number) emblazoned on the front of the product. As long as the product I want is made by a reputable brand, and provides the quality and benefits I'm looking for, I don't care if it has a brand logo.

BTW, MacBook Pro's have the illuminated ? logo on the back of the display, and I show it off proudly when in public. This is also corporate branding.

You may be misapplying the term "illogical", unless you feel THAT strongly about this. You may think it is unreasonable (I don't), but nothing I have written defies the laws of nature or mathematics (in the strict sense) or is unreasonable or nonsensical. Some people only use products with logos-that is their preference-but it does not make them nonsensical. That aside, much of our preference in consumer electronics is subjective, not objective. I don't think I've seen anyone say the Bose unit was superior to all others-ojectively. There exists a class of products that are decidedly minimalist and understated because many people feel the way I do. Let me give you another example, if the GAP made the softest, best fitting, most durable cashmere sweater out there, I still would not wear it if "The GAP" were emblazoned on the chest.

To your last point, I anticipated that argument. I'm not against all corporate branding. Apple does not have an ? or "Apple" on the front of my MacBook, AppleTV, iPhone, or iPad. Apple, unlike other corporations, "thinks different". They chose to put one on the back or top so that "the user" does not have it in their face. They designed these products for a reason-perhaps the best designer in the world thought it would get in the way of the experience of using the product. The mark is there (on the back or top) but it does not get in the way of the experience. It's one of those non-quantifiable qualities of the products that some people may not consciously know they love. I hear that your opinion is different and concede that my personal taste preferences are somewhat peculiar-but not as much as you may think.

Now, gotta go and make the guacamole for my Super Bowl party!

When I listen to music on my B&O at home, I don't stare at the speakers; I listen with my ears.

Perhaps you differ.

• Reply 63 of 73
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyltd View Post

I prefer;

http://www.beoplay.com/products/beoplaya2#at-a-glance

or even better (static solution)

http://www.beoplay.com/products/beoplaya9?redirected=true#at-a-glance

More money but boy it packs a punch!!

My husband is a real B&O person so most of our audio components are from them, including our lighting and other home automation toys. Though I agree the BeoPlay 9 is a force to be reckon with I found the A2's to be fairly week when comparing them with other speakers for less money. Since the A2 was a Christmas gift and not a purchase from me I do like owning one, great battery and design but I would recommend the Bowers & Wilkins T7, smaller, better sound, especially in the lows and mids. The Bose are also really great, well worth the 200. I would even go so far and suggest one as the must have portable speaker, the only negative is the weight might be a little to much for some, their much heavier than their actual size suggests. The Beats Pill series are no match for any of the speakers listed, even the design looks cheap and unimpressive when lined up next to them. I just don't get the popularity with the Beats.

Interesting observation.

I love my B&O, particularly for classical music. Good, neutral sound. Silky strings. I would say the mids are probably the weakest; still, my speakers were the bottom of the range 25 years ago. One day when I'm rich, I’ll splash out on their top of the range.

• Reply 64 of 73
    eat@meeat@me Posts: 321member
    No NFC, really?
  • Reply 65 of 73
    solipsismysolipsismy Posts: 5,099member
    eat@me wrote: »
    No NFC, really?

Why would you need NFC?
  • Reply 66 of 73

Before you part with your cash, try out the Audio Dynamic Pulse or Pulse XB. It has a warmer sound than the Bose, is beautifully made, has a longer battery life (14hr +), kevlar cones, a built-in mic for calls –  and costs £69/$79 (I’m assuming that the Mocreao is the US version).

ADX are a tiny company with none of Bose’s advertising/marketing budget, but the Pulse (either version) is a superb bit of kit.

• Reply 67 of 73
    Thanks for sharing
  • Reply 68 of 73
    nice products

www.bluetoothspeakerchina.com
  • Reply 69 of 73
  • Reply 70 of 73
    Quote:

www.bluetoothspeakerchina.com

Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

And what's the deal with all the ripped jeans and dropped crotches right?

In the mindset of a teenager, which of the following would seem like the better choice?

It's more about the image and the experience. The quality just needs to be good enough to not detract from the experience and Beats meets that quality standard.

• Reply 71 of 73

hello

• Reply 72 of 73

Hi, im very interested interested in how you did this:

One of our primary use cases for the SoundLink Mini is tethered to our Apple TV as a sort of miniature soundbar for the television. In this job too the SoundLink Mini excels, standing head and shoulders above the built-in speakers on our Samsung LED set and adding a pleasing low end to gunfire or explosions.

Please Help!

• Reply 73 of 73
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    solipsismy wrote: »
    Why would you need NFC?

I love NFC, when going from room to room it gets annoying when you need to disconnect the bluetooth speaker that your currently listening on and than reestablish a new connection with another speaker. With NFC I don't have to do anything technical, just walk in and touch the device that's playing the music to whatever speaker you want to hear music from. The prior connected speaker will be automatically disengage.

I really like listening to podcasts in my car so it's really neat to just continue where I left off at after getting out of my car and walking into my house, I just touch one of the many NFC capable speakers I have throughout the house. The very best NFC capable speakers I have ever owned are still the Nokia 360 speakers. Not only do they look good, sound great but you can pair two of them together for a more stereo experience. You can still buy them to, though I'm sure at this point your just buying overstock. The reason why iOS doesn't support NFC outside of their payment system or even bluetooth file transfers for that matter is because OS lacks a default central file-manager. I'm sure Apple could just have allowed NFC for music but and not file transfers but I'm sure they wanted to avoid the conversation. Instead they just planted the seed that NFC for anything else but payment is worthless, which it isn't, far from it, it's a fantastic technology. Make giving files to people an absolute synch, tap, tap, here you go.