Apple releases iOS 9.1 with motion sensing Live Photos, plus taco, middle finger & hockey emoji

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 34
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Racist, intolerant liberals? Is that some parallel universe where liberals are insensitive bigots and conservatives are open minded and support equality?

To be honest, yeah, that's pretty much how I see things. The most hateful, racist and hypocritical people around are liberals without a doubt. There are bad conservatives too of course, and I don't defend them, I don't care about them at all. But between the two sides, then I'd definitely say that the left is far more violent, far more hateful, far more racist, far more hypocritical and also far more anti-American.

• Reply 22 of 34
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

To be honest, yeah, that's pretty much how I see things. The most hateful, racist and hypocritical people around are liberals without a doubt. There are bad conservatives too of course, and I don't defend them, I don't care about them at all. But between the two sides, then I'd definitely say that the left is far more violent, far more hateful, far more racist, far more hypocritical and also far more anti-American.

Yep, and I’d like to know when expressing one’s love of country and patriotism became politically incorrect and offensive? When did displaying the American flag become a hate crime? 

• Reply 23 of 34
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

Yep, and I’d like to know when expressing one’s love of country and patriotism became politically incorrect and offensive? When did displaying the American flag become a hate crime? 

Yep, and treasonous liberals support illegal sanctuary cities that are everywhere now. They have no regard for the American people at all. 

It is the liberals that have flipped everything around, where everything good is now bad, and everything that's bad has now become good, through their perverted eyes of course. They can take their disgusting political correctness, their love of censorship, their support of all things that are anti-American and shove it where the sun don't shine.

• Reply 24 of 34
    I can't believe they haven't released any fixes to music. Spotify and Tidal have released two each since Apple Music launched. And Apple Music needs work. The decision to unite local and streaming libraries has been horribly implemented.
  • Reply 25 of 34
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,166member
    apple ][ wrote: »
    mstone wrote: »

Racist, intolerant liberals? Is that some parallel universe where liberals are insensitive bigots and conservatives are open minded and support equality?

I think you just have to accept that it is different when they do it.
  • Reply 26 of 34

Groan.

To all of you bringing up politics again and derailing the thread.... [middle finger emoji]%$#%$#[/middle finger emoji]

• Reply 27 of 34
    glynhglynh Posts: 133member

The Apple News app has just turned up on both my iPhone 5S and 6S after updating to 9.1 here in the UK as someone else reported just above.

That was sneaky...

• Reply 28 of 34
    I can't believe they haven't released any fixes to music. Spotify and Tidal have released two each since Apple Music launched. And Apple Music needs work. The decision to unite local and streaming libraries has been horribly implemented.

Update count and frequency is an irrelevant comparison. More relevant is that no number of app updates will fix Tidal and Spotify's gaping content library holes.

Apple Music might need some work, but its killing at its primary purpose. If you can't manage to make this $10/month music service work, even with a few extra taps, then you probably don't deserve the art you're literally gorging yourself on.
  • Reply 29 of 34
    Seems to have fixed the view in the wallet app as well (cutting the sides off in standard view on 6s)
  • Reply 30 of 34
    redefiler wrote: »
    Update count and frequency is an irrelevant comparison. More relevant is that no number of app updates will fix Tidal and Spotify's gaping content library holes.

Apple Music might need some work, but its killing at its primary purpose. If you can't manage to make this $10/month music service work, even with a few extra taps, then you probably don't deserve the art you're literally gorging yourself on.

I've been collecting music since the late 80s, and it's my passion. I'd been using Beats Audio to stream new releases and see what I wanted to buy, and iTunes Match to put a part of my collection in the cloud.

When Apple combines them both became useless. iTunes Match had a limit, but excluded from it things bought from iTunes. Apple Music has the same limit, but doesn't have the exclusion. It also counts both streaming and personal tunes towards that limit.

So suddenly I lost about 4500 tracks on iTunes Match, every song and playlist I'd had on Beats, and was unable to add anymore music or playlists.

Plus, it altered the artwork & metadata on my collection. So the catalog size is great, but I can't use it. I'm usually the first on the apple bandwagon, but Apple Music is a worse product than Spotify or Tidal right now for everything other than selection.

If you are new to music, or don't want much, it's probably fine. But I think it's broken and needs fixing.
  • Reply 31 of 34

Well nice, but Apple still hasn't solved the major problem that iOS 9.0 caused, which is that the podcast app completely stopped working if you have a lot of podcasts. In the latest version you can actually open the app for a could on seconds, but then it breaks down again! It's been weeks without podcasts now, really badly handled by Apple. 

• Reply 32 of 34
    No Apple Music update - cool. I can continue to save 120Euros/year.
    Did they fix the App Thinning feature? does it work now?
    As for the middle finger debate - I don't use Emojis anymore. Instead of typing f u, I simply ignore the person. Even faster than typing and sending anything.
  • Reply 33 of 34
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by D.J. Adequate View Post

When Apple combines them both became useless. iTunes Match had a limit, but excluded from it things bought from iTunes. Apple Music has the same limit, but doesn't have the exclusion. It also counts both streaming and personal tunes towards that limit.

So suddenly I lost about 4500 tracks on iTunes Match, every song and playlist I'd had on Beats, and was unable to add anymore music or playlists.

So you have had 104,500 songs between your personal library and content you added through iTunes Music?

• Reply 34 of 34
    So you have had 104,500 songs between your personal library and content you added through iTunes Music?

No, the still haven upped the limit from 25000. So I had close to 30k songs. Plus, I had quite a few more on Beats playlists.

Part of why I'm disappointed is that iOS 9.1 and OS X 10.11.1 come without the promised change in limit. As well as other bugs in music that need fixing.

If I could have my full library, I think it's just over 88k track. I realize I'm not a typical case.