Apple releases new Apple Watch ads with focus on Wallet, accessories, third-party apps & more

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 34
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BobSchlob View Post

Yeah, was going to say ("Huh?  What was that?") is e x a c t l y what they want.

Exactly indeed! They want to create curiosity about the product, not shove it down consumers throats. No wonder people are scared of technology when it's defined by specs and numbers and techno mumbo-jumbo. Apple is going for the opposite angle... transparent technology that integrate with your life, showing the life part first.

• Reply 22 of 34
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

I sometimes experience lag in the Apple Music app on my iPhone. It will take several seconds before a song starts playing.

Is the song being streamed over the internet, or is it stored locally? The lag for a streamed song is to be expected, depending on network conditions.

• Reply 23 of 34

This is not an ad, but I'll be checking applemusic.info to find the sources for some of these.  Unless someone knows of an alternate/better site...?

• Reply 24 of 34
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    Yes, curiosity, awareness... HAving people seek more info on it, is exactly what they want.
  • Reply 25 of 34
    yeah!!! absolutely brilliant ads. no doubt about it. so cool, so effective, exciting, entertaining. i can relax now%u2014apple ads are back on track and firing on all cylinders!
  • Reply 26 of 34

In my opinion this seems like one of the better ad campaigns from Apple since one of my favorite ads, which was for the gold 5s:

I like the 15 second hits of these new spots. Even if you happen to not like a certain ad in particular, 15 seconds is over pretty quick. And there is plenty of variety. 

• Reply 27 of 34
    schlackschlack Posts: 720member
    short and confusing...not loving it...but definitely different
  • Reply 28 of 34
    This is a desperate attempt by Apple to find an identity for the Apple Watch at this point. Yes you can say it's a hit because it outsold others on their 1st release, but It only pulled it off because everyone had to have the newest Apple product line. To be blunt this is a device that is struggling to find its identity right now.

All we see are Sales estimates, but of those sales how many of those have been returned? The watch was 1st promoted as a health device & fitness tracker, but upon release Apple changed its main focus of that to a device that keeps you better connected with 1,000 of Apps & a few things that made it sound like a second rate fitness tracker. With only 3 sensors, no GPS, & having to have your phone within the range of Bluetooth in order to use the watch is a huge flaw for a watch that is trying to be device that will make your better. Just the simple fact of needing to have my phone with me to go on a run, or go cycling is ridiculous because It just means I'm having to carry more stuff to map & keep track of my activities.

Another issue that is easy to see is that even Apple is getting desperate at this point to try & make it more successful. At first this was supposed to be sold as a "Luxury Smart Watch" with it at first only being available at Apple Stores & High end retailers. Fast forward to Apple Watch OS 2.0 & announcing a partnership with a high end luxury watch designer making it a premium luxury watch that sets them apart from other Smart Watches.

But then came BestBuy & Target, which has to make one think why now after showing it as a luxury smart watch that are sold for $1,000-$10,000 at Higherend stores. This is the complete opposite business model that made Apple products so exclusive & sought after, only to make investors start to scratch their heads & begin to think did Apple over hedge its bet on how successful they thought it would be? It's now evident to see that they did & that they have a huge inventory of unsold Apple Watches that they need to sell.

I think people think Apple is too big to fail & will be quick to pull stats that say this perspective is ridiculous to even ponder. But the stats won't show you unsold inventory, number of customers who returned the Watch, & surveys (that aren't conducted by or on Apples behalf, or by anyone who has strong ties to Apple) on how much they wear it, has it made a bigger impact on their life as far as a health & fitness device.

Looking back on it I can honestly say that I bought the Watch for the coolness factor hoping that it make my life more productive & be able to use it to monitor my workouts to give me more accurate results. But it failed to do those in so many ways. The Watch is just a device that makes life more distracting & creates behavior that is more rude when in certain situations. Our company which started a policy for smartphones years back that they be face down or put away while in meetings either it be internal or external because of feedback from employees & clients that they recently band all "Smart Watches" with exception of fitness bands from all meetings because people were constantly looking at their watches & making meetings last longer because people missed key points due to distractions of them paying more attention to their wrists.

In the end Apple needs to figure out its Watch, because it's easy to see that even they are struggling to figure out how to market it better & Apple Pay is just another thing that still hasn't caught on either (just because you signup all these banks, card issuers, & retailers doesn't mean anything unless you see a larger number of people using Apple Pay) & won't help sell more watches in the end. I'm just waiting for WalMart to start selling the Apple Watch so it can really drive the point home that the Apple Watch isn't as successful as Apple thought it would be.
  • Reply 29 of 34
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,950member

I like getting flipped off in ads.

• Reply 30 of 34

Geez, seven paragraphs going after the Apple Watch?

I hope you get paid by the word.

• Reply 31 of 34
    latifbplatifbp Posts: 544member
    omgomg1 wrote: »
    This is a desperate attempt by Apple to find an identity for the Apple Watch at this point. Yes you can say it's a hit because it outsold others on their 1st release, but It only pulled it off because everyone had to have the newest Apple product line. To be blunt this is a device that is struggling to find its identity right now.

All we see are Sales estimates, but of those sales how many of those have been returned? The watch was 1st promoted as a health device & fitness tracker, but upon release Apple changed its main focus of that to a device that keeps you better connected with 1,000 of Apps & a few things that made it sound like a second rate fitness tracker. With only 3 sensors, no GPS, & having to have your phone within the range of Bluetooth in order to use the watch is a huge flaw for a watch that is trying to be device that will make your better. Just the simple fact of needing to have my phone with me to go on a run, or go cycling is ridiculous because It just means I'm having to carry more stuff to map & keep track of my activities.

Another issue that is easy to see is that even Apple is getting desperate at this point to try & make it more successful. At first this was supposed to be sold as a "Luxury Smart Watch" with it at first only being available at Apple Stores & High end retailers. Fast forward to Apple Watch OS 2.0 & announcing a partnership with a high end luxury watch designer making it a premium luxury watch that sets them apart from other Smart Watches.

But then came BestBuy & Target, which has to make one think why now after showing it as a luxury smart watch that are sold for $1,000-$10,000 at Higherend stores. This is the complete opposite business model that made Apple products so exclusive & sought after, only to make investors start to scratch their heads & begin to think did Apple over hedge its bet on how successful they thought it would be? It's now evident to see that they did & that they have a huge inventory of unsold Apple Watches that they need to sell.

I think people think Apple is too big to fail & will be quick to pull stats that say this perspective is ridiculous to even ponder. But the stats won't show you unsold inventory, number of customers who returned the Watch, & surveys (that aren't conducted by or on Apples behalf, or by anyone who has strong ties to Apple) on how much they wear it, has it made a bigger impact on their life as far as a health & fitness device.

Looking back on it I can honestly say that I bought the Watch for the coolness factor hoping that it make my life more productive & be able to use it to monitor my workouts to give me more accurate results. But it failed to do those in so many ways. The Watch is just a device that makes life more distracting & creates behavior that is more rude when in certain situations. Our company which started a policy for smartphones years back that they be face down or put away while in meetings either it be internal or external because of feedback from employees & clients that they recently band all "Smart Watches" with exception of fitness bands from all meetings because people were constantly looking at their watches & making meetings last longer because people missed key points due to distractions of them paying more attention to their wrists.

In the end Apple needs to figure out its Watch, because it's easy to see that even they are struggling to figure out how to market it better & Apple Pay is just another thing that still hasn't caught on either (just because you signup all these banks, card issuers, & retailers doesn't mean anything unless you see a larger number of people using Apple Pay) & won't help sell more watches in the end. I'm just waiting for WalMart to start selling the Apple Watch so it can really drive the point home that the Apple Watch isn't as successful as Apple thought it would be.
    Bitter?
  • Reply 32 of 34
    latifbplatifbp Posts: 544member
    coolfactor wrote: »

Is the song being streamed over the internet, or is it stored locally? The lag for a streamed song is to be expected, depending on network conditions.
    I assume he meant streamed... The lag I experience is with ?Music depending on my connection. I store my whole iTunes library locally because I just can't even...
  • Reply 33 of 34
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OMGOMG1 View Post

This is a desperate attempt by Apple to find an identity for the Apple Watch at this point.

(lots of words removed)

I'm just waiting for WalMart to start selling the Apple Watch so it can really drive the point home that the Apple Watch isn't as successful as Apple thought it would be.

It's just an ad campaign. I don't see it as desperate.

Will the Apple Watch show up for sale at Walmart? I don't see why not. Walmart sells both iPods and iPhones. The more places the Apple Watch is for sale the better.

It sucks that you are not pleased with your purchase. I think just about everyone here has bought something in their lives that didn't pan out the way they thought it would.

The nice thing about Apple stuff in general is that if you have buyers remorse, even if you can't return it any longer. You can still likely sell it for about 75-90% of its purchase price before the next generation comes out. Especially if it is in decent condition and you have all of the original packaging and everything.

So lets say the watch you bought was ~$400, you sell it for ~$300. That makes it a ~$100 mistake. $100 is not exactly nothing, but not the end of the world if you could afford to spend ~$400 on the watch in the first place. 

• Reply 34 of 34
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,950member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by OMGOMG1 View Post

I'm just waiting for WalMart to start selling the Apple Watch so it can really drive the point home that the Apple Watch isn't as successful as Apple thought it would be.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TechLover View Post

Will the Apple Watch show up for sale at Walmart? I don't see why not. Walmart sells both iPods and iPhones. The more places the Apple Watch is for sale the better.

Besides that, and someone with more knowledge might be able to chime in here, but doesn't Walmart have certain volume requirements for their suppliers? And Walmart probably wants to be sure that if they're going to let Apple put up tons of advertising in their store, that Apple will be able to have n amount of product at X many stores, etc, etc. I have a hard time believing it's a sign of Apple's desperation as much as it is priorities and things coming together at the right time.