iPhone 6s & 6s Plus preorders sell out within 30 minutes in Samsung's home of South Korea

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 53
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    dasanman69 wrote: »

I doubt there's a licensing agreement in place though. My bet would be that HTC paid Apple a nominal sum instead. Samsung had the same dispute with Apple and it was also resolved by Samsung dropping the features. No doubt HTC did the same.
  • Reply 42 of 53
    matrix07 wrote: »

If they're happy about that they wouldn't compete with Apple in smartphone market in the first place.

Nonsense. They are two seperate divisions within the company. Both strive to make sales and profits.
  • Reply 43 of 53
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    melgross wrote: »

I doubt there's a licensing agreement in place though. My bet would be that HTC paid Apple a nominal sum instead. Samsung had the same dispute with Apple and it was also resolved by Samsung dropping the features. No doubt HTC did the same.

This is on Apple's own website. How could you doubt something they posted themselves?

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2012/11/11HTC-and-Apple-Settle-Patent-Dispute.html
  • Reply 44 of 53
    joshajosha Posts: 901member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MAJANI View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at Samsung's HQ to see the expressions on their faces if this news is in fact accurate.

ScamScum puts out such crap, it's sweet schadenfreude for me.

Considering Samsung is providing processors for some of the 6S/6S+ and LPDDR3 for all, then they're all probably pretty happy at the success.

Without their parts sales to Apple, Samsung would be Sunksung.

Now when I'm in Hawaii, those large phones I see in Korean hands won't all be Samsung.

But I'll still see many using two hands to hold the big phones when making a call !    :rolleyes:

• Reply 45 of 53
    This is on Apple's own website. How could you doubt something they posted themselves?

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2012/11/11HTC-and-Apple-Settle-Patent-Dispute.html

Assuming that's Apple licensing to HTC, and not the other way around (they did sue each other), I'll say that I'm very surprised.
  • Reply 46 of 53
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member

Assuming that's Apple licensing to HTC, and not the other way around (they did sue each other), I'll say that I'm very surprised.

It's a cross license deal covering current and future patents. HTC is licensing to Apple as well.
  • Reply 47 of 53
    Quote:

Originally Posted by WonkoTheSane View Post

Now all Samsung needs to do is limit preorders for their next S7 to two or three in the US, so they can claim they should led out faster image

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshA View Post

Without their parts sales to Apple, Samsung would be Sunksung.

Well, they do have the largest market share of flat panel TVs, and thousands of chip customers...

• Reply 48 of 53
    Quote:

Originally Posted by waterrockets View Post

Well, they do have the largest market share of flat panel TVs, and thousands of chip customers...

And Electronics aren't even half of Samsung's overall structure, either... 

Apple's deal is worth $14bn to Samsung, that loss probably wouldn't cause a $300bn/year company to be sunk.

• Reply 49 of 53

Samsumg was frightened after reading this news, lol

• Reply 50 of 53
    majani wrote: »
    And Electronics aren't even half of Samsung's overall structure, either... 

Apple's deal is worth $14bn to Samsung, that loss probably wouldn't cause a $300bn/year company to be sunk.

No, it wouldn't. But Samsung's stock has been down sharply the past two years. The reason is that Samsung's flagship phone sales have been sinking, and their low end phone sales have been in trouble. And, because Apple took a lot of their memory and SoC business away. The stock rose recently, because Apple gave them what seems to be about half of their A9 and A9x business.
  • Reply 51 of 53
    No, it wouldn't. But Samsung's stock has been down sharply the past two years. The reason is that Samsung's flagship phone sales have been sinking, and their low end phone sales have been in trouble. And, because Apple took a lot of their memory and SoC business away. The stock rose recently, because Apple gave them what seems to be about half of their A9 and A9x business.

I'm really curious how the stock market reacts once Apple iPhone sales start to flat out, or even decrease YoY. "Only" eg 60 millions per quarter instead of 75, in afraid would lead to a stock massacre :/

Edit: maybe Project Titan is actually not a cat, but a spaceship, so once every single human being on this planet has one iPhone, two iPads and a watch they can start flying to search for different civilizations sell them iPhones as well just for the sole purpose of satisfying the stupid insatiable greed of WSt et al.
  • Reply 52 of 53
    Quote:

Originally Posted by WonkoTheSane View Post

Project Titan is actually not a cat

This better be a lie.

• Reply 53 of 53
    majani wrote: »
    This better be a lie.

Car. Car! CAR! Aargh.

Lol