Facebook landscape video and pulling down notification center freezes screen

Posted:
in iPhone edited October 2015

Hi,

I've just noticed this morning that watching a facebook video in landscape mode and then pulling down the notification center turns the screen to portrait and then freezes it. Once it happens it doesn't respond to touch anymore and sometimes the sound continues in the background and you can only use the volume down button to mute it. The physical buttons continue to work though. This is an iPhone 6S running iOS 9.0.2 and I can reproduce the issue on my wife's iPhone 6S too. The only way I can recover the phone is to hard reset it using the home and sleep/wake up button. Does anyone else have the same problem?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5

I've been to an Apple store but after 2 hours and a restore from iCloud that broke half of my apps all they could say was it's a Facebook app issue and they cannot do anything about it and suggested to go and complain to Facebook. They also didn't have Facebook installed on any of the iPhone 6S devices on display and the employees didn't have 6S models (only one of them but she didn't seem too interested in helping). However yesterday I have managed to reproduce it on a third, brand new iPhone 6S right after we installed the Facebook app for the first time so it seems to be a general issue with with model and the current version of the Facebook app.

• Reply 2 of 5

Sort video with the issue:

• Reply 3 of 5

Even though the Apple people I talked to never acknowledged it as an iOS issue the 9.1 update seemed to fix it.

• Reply 4 of 5

This may be due to update, try to downgrade it and if problem persist you can take the help of your tech support.

• Reply 5 of 5

Hi,

I've just noticed this morning that watching a facebook video in landscape mode and then pulling down the notification center turns the screen to portrait and then freezes it. Once it happens it doesn't respond to touch anymore and sometimes the sound continues in the background and you can only use the volume down button to mute it. The physical buttons continue to work though. This is an iPhone 6S running iOS 9.0.2 and I can reproduce the issue on my wife's iPhone 6S too. The only way I can recover the phone is to hard reset it using the home and sleep/wake up button. Does anyone else have the same problem?