Facebook addresses severe battery drain issue with updated iOS app

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 55
    Its really not just AssBook thats an issue its most "social media" when used by people who want everyone to know their every movement (some cases literally).
  • Reply 42 of 55
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,950member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ALRUI View Post

What AssBook really needs to address is the massive time suck & BRAIN DRAIN by its users!

The other day I had the house to myself and needed to get some work done when one of my brothers directed my attention to Facebook...

Two hours later...

It's fookin' AWFUL. 

• Reply 43 of 55
    What AssBook really needs to address is the enormous time & BRAIN suck of its users!
  • Reply 44 of 55
    Quote:

What AssBook really needs to address is the massive time suck & BRAIN DRAIN by its users!

Quote:

What AssBook really needs to address is the enormous time & BRAIN suck of its users!

I am going to go out on a limb here and ASSume that you don't like Facebook. 

I do like your usage of words like "massive", "enormous", "suck", and "drain". Too bad you couldn't work in "engorged" along with the word "member". ;)

• Reply 45 of 55

Love it but sadly I didnt put those together, glad you did!

• Reply 46 of 55
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    I wish Facebook would fix its most recent/top stories curation algorithm. Too many times posts will display in top stories 3 days later that never appeared in most recent stories.
  • Reply 47 of 55
    Also, the App Store is long overdue for an even more radical overhaul than iTunes. It's basically near-impossible to find anything that is good and new, and it's a system of discovery that has not changed much, if at all, since it was first introduced. Moreover, I have simply no interest in the increasingly fragmented Apple ecosystem such as WatchOS, tvOS, and whatever-elseOS. Life was far far simpler when my couple of developers had to deal with just the iPhone (various form factors) and iPad.

yeah not really understanding what you're trying say about the "fragmented" ecosystem. i like my watch, phone, tablet, notebook, and desktop devices. each serves a different and clear purpose.

as for finding apps, it couldn't be simpler -- type the name into the search field. tap to install. I'm certainly not expecting to browse around hundreds of thousands of apps to find something randomly. thats insane. do your research online for the right tool, then go get it.
  • Reply 48 of 55
    evilution wrote: »
    Why does an Internet site need an app that mimics the site? Even worse, why separate chat into a different app.
    Why not just make the site work properly on mobile devices and then it's all there in 1 place, in Safari with no need for an app that wastes space.

because loading HTML, CSS & interpreted javascript over the wire is and always will be slower than a natively compiled app? maybe?
  • Reply 49 of 55
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member

But, but, posters here have SWORN they never experienced anything with FB and battery life, SWORN.

So how can this be?

#Puzzled

• Reply 50 of 55
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

I wish Facebook would fix its most recent/top stories curation algorithm. Too many times posts will display in top stories 3 days later that never appeared in most recent stories.

It routinely glitches and proudly presents me with collections of posts over a week old.

• Reply 51 of 55
    [QUOTE name="MaxIT" url="/t/189692/facebook-addresses-severe-battery-drain-issue-with-updated-ios-app#post_2794837"]

Im proud to be categorized with people that want to keep their private life .... private
    [/QUOTE]

As a Plan "B" it's a decent news aggregator, national parks, museums other sorts of places that I'm interested in post things to their pages that can be of current interest. A nice complement to Twitter where similar specialized news releases can be found.
  • Reply 52 of 55
    The FB app has had a background audio issue for a long time, at least a couple of years. When I plug my iPhone into my car stereo, occasionally the volume will be so low that I have to really crank up the volume setting on the stereo. Invariably, killing the FB app will restore the audio to full volume.
  • Reply 53 of 55
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,560member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBum View Post

The FB app has had a background audio issue for a long time, at least a couple of years. When I plug my iPhone into my car stereo, occasionally the volume will be so low that I have to really crank up the volume setting on the stereo. Invariably, killing the FB app will restore the audio to full volume.

Oh, is THAT what did it!!????

I could never figure this out! 

• Reply 54 of 55
    wdowellwdowell Posts: 226member
    I removed it a week ago. I've never been happier. Completely disturbing addiction ended. And my iPhone now lasts most the day. It's not going back. I can check on the Mac or go on mobile website if really urgent
  • Reply 55 of 55
    Now using the web client. Much faster and less annoying,