Apple seeds OS X 10.11.2 beta to public testers

Posted:
in macOS edited November 2015
Two days after Apple seeded the first OS X 10.11.2 beta to developers for testing, the company on Thursday issued a build to consumers taking part in the public beta program.

As with the developer version released earlier this week, today's OS X 10.11.2 public beta comes with the same focus areas including Graphics, Mail, Wi-Fi, Calendar, USB, Notes, Photos and Spotlight. A full list of features has yet to be fleshed out, though the update is expected to boast the usual assortment of bug fixes and performance tweaks.

Apple recently released OS X 10.11.1 to address issues with Office 2016, Mail, VoiceOver and minor bugs affecting certain users. The software update also included more than 150 new emoji characters, bringing it in parity with iOS 9.

Members of the public beta program can download the OS X 10.11.2 El Capitan maintenance update after signing in through the Apple Beta Software Program website.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    don't know if its pure coincidence but as soon as i upgraded to this beta, my screen started acting up, and the 2015 macbook pro is now going to have to be repaired.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    This?update?is?a?fully?fledged?catastrophe?for?me?because?nothing?really?works!?All?programs,?including?mail,?disappeared?and?can't?be?run,?not?even?system?preferences.?Spotlight?doesn't?work?either,?the?system?is?so?much?slowed?down,?that?even?after?two?minutes?folder?content?is?not?shown.?Different?new?starts?didn't?help,?there?is?also?no?App?Store.?I?have?a?total?new?MBP?bought?about?two?months?ago,?it's?not?the?hardware.?All?these?problems?occurred?only?right?after?installing?the?new?update. 

Now?I?reinstall?the?former?system?from?times?machine?(this?takes?four?hours).?I?wonder?how?Apple?can?confront?beta?testers?with?such?an?update.?I?will?quit?the?beta?tester?status.

I?wonder,?is?there?nobody?else?who?experienced?similar?problems?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    zozmanzozman Posts: 393member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickii View Post

This?update?is?a?fully?fledged?catastrophe?for?me?because?nothing?really?works!?All?programs,?including?mail,?disappeared?and?can't?be?run,?not?even?system?preferences.?Spotlight?doesn't?work?either,?the?system?is?so?much?slowed?down,?that?even?after?two?minutes?folder?content?is?not?shown.?Different?new?starts?didn't?help,?there?is?also?no?App?Store.?I?have?a?total?new?MBP?bought?about?two?months?ago,?it's?not?the?hardware.?All?these?problems?occurred?only?right?after?installing?the?new?update. 

Now?I?reinstall?the?former?system?from?times?machine?(this?takes?four?hours).?I?wonder?how?Apple?can?confront?beta?testers?with?such?an?update.?I?will?quit?the?beta?tester?status.

I?wonder,?is?there?nobody?else?who?experienced?similar?problems?

I was just about to run the update, glad I read this post!

• Reply 4 of 6

I saw similar issues sent several reports to apple in the hope something get sorted out.

I also started seeing a blank grey screen which stayed for anything up to a couple of minutes.

I have since reverted back to 10.11.1 for now until another update comes out and see what issues are found before deciding on trying again

• Reply 5 of 6
    10.11.2 beta broke my Photoshop CS6... It stays to the splash screen, not frozen, but not loading either... Ever... I really hope they fix this fast...
  • Reply 6 of 6

10.11.2 beta broke my Photoshop CS6. It stays to the splash screen, not frozen, but not loading either... Ever... I really hope they fix this fast...