New Apple TV incompatible with Apple's own Remote app for iOS and watchOS

Comments

• Reply 41 of 264
    runbuhrunbuh Posts: 315member

What the heck does race have to do with affirmative action? Please go educate yourself.
    It has EVERYTHING to do with racism (and sexism).
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirmative_action_in_the_United_States

Affirmative action in the United States tends to focus on issues such as education and employment, specifically granting special consideration to racial minorities and women who have been historically excluded groups in America.

How do you define Affirmative Action? What *is* an Affirmative Action hire in your world?
  • Reply 42 of 264
    Quote:

Originally Posted by runbuh View Post

It has EVERYTHING to do with race.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirmative_action_in_the_United_States

Affirmative action in the United States tends to focus on issues such as education and employment, specifically granting special consideration to racial minorities and women who have been historically excluded groups in America.

Actually, if you read the law, it has to do with anyone, regardless of race, that meets certain profiles. In fact, the law itself is quite racist. As a minority in the United States, I want to succeed all on my own, not with the help of any law that gives me unfair treatment. Unlike you, I didn't get my knowledge of this Act from Wikipedia, I got it in law class.

• Reply 43 of 264
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Optical Serenity View Post

What the heck does race have to do with affirmative action? Please go educate yourself.

Affirmative Action is to hire without regard to race, religion, gender or national origin.

Why is education required?

• Reply 44 of 264

Wow. Just four posts here, and you're making a complete a$$ of yourself. Way to go.
  • Reply 45 of 264
    Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Wow. Just four posts here, and you're making a complete a$$ of yourself. Way to go.

No it's about people who can't take a tongue-in-cheek joke. Sheesh, such uptight people who get so worked up over nothing.

• Reply 46 of 264

So - as a lawyer, please tell me how you defined "Affirmative Action Hires" and why it is that they write horrible apps?
  • Reply 47 of 264

No it's about people who can't take a tongue-in-cheek joke. Sheesh, such uptight people who get so worked up over nothing.
    There is nothing tongue-in-cheek about categorizing anyone as an "affirmative action hire" who writes "horrible" apps.
  • Reply 48 of 264

Fair enough. But it certainly did not come across that way to at least three people who responded to your posts.
  • Reply 49 of 264
    I'm HIGHLY disappointed. I received the new Apple TV today and so far so good. HOWEVER... Using the on screen keyboard with the remote having to type in long email and semi complex passwords is annoying and frustrating! What they should do is create an app that mimics the Apple TV so all I need to do is tap the iPhone or iPad to execute commands and to use the keyboard on the iOS device like for previous generations. Having to type in names and passwords by each letter using the remote especially since all these apps may require a login is not going to work.
  • Reply 50 of 264
    Quote:

Fair enough. But it certainly did not come across that way to at least three people who responded to your posts.

My apologizes, it certainly wasn't intended that way. Like I said, I'm actually a minority in the U.S....believe me when I say I'm fully aware of this Act..

Anyway, we need a new Remote.app, and I agree, it was boneheaded of Apple, I assume / guess that there is a new (good, hopefully) version coming out soon.

• Reply 51 of 264
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    rogifan wrote: »
    Yeah I think text input is so much better than the other remote and the d-pad. But still using your phone or iPad to enter in passwords would be a lot easier.
    Everybody thinks they are so much smarter than Apple engineers. Do you really think Apple didn't already think of this? The trolls are out in force today. /s
  • Reply 52 of 264
    bobschlobbobschlob Posts: 1,074member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Optical Serenity View Post

Quote:

My apologizes, it certainly wasn't intended that way. Like I said, I'm actually a minority in the U.S....believe me when I say I'm fully aware of this Act..

Anyway, we need a new Remote.app, and I agree, it was boneheaded of Apple, I assume / guess that there is a new (good, hopefully) version coming out soon.

Easy enough to rectify your comment. Just tell us how 'it was' intended. It obviously flew over our heads.

• Reply 53 of 264
    mazda 3smazda 3s Posts: 1,613member
    mac_128 wrote: »
    Everybody thinks they are so much smarter than Apple engineers. Do you really think Apple didn't already think of this? The trolls are out in force today. /s

Like the smart Apple engineers that designed the recessed headphone jack on the original iPhone? ;)
  • Reply 54 of 264
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member

Um, that's why there's the Apple remote app. Just a shame it wasn't updated for launch.
  • Reply 55 of 264

So nobody is smarter than a Apple engineer? They make plenty of mistakes just as everyone else does.
  • Reply 56 of 264
    gqbgqb Posts: 1,934member

No he's right. That was offensive and bigoted. Keep it out of the discussion please.
    Don't play dumb.
  • Reply 57 of 264
    thrangthrang Posts: 1,008member
    This is the single biggest sucky thing about the new ATV...was very disappointed this afternoon.

Siri helps ease the pain, but Apple needs to get out of this mode where it tries too hard to enforce their way or the highway...
  • Reply 58 of 264
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    Loving the new Apple TV so far, especially the games, but I have to agree the onscreen keyboard is a mess, typing anything is frustrating, and it's disappointing that there isn't a smoother way. I'm confident all this will be improved through software updates bough.
  • Reply 59 of 264
    haggar wrote: »
    Remote app and BT keyboard compatibility better be fixed soon.  Otherwise this seems like a petty attempt by Apple to drive attention towards the new remote, which you can't even charge out of the box using what's included.  Since the new Siri Remote is so great, you won't want to use anything else to control Apple TV, and we're just being helpful by making sure that you don't use anything else.
    I do believe Apple is trying to make the new Siri Remote a 'thing'
  • Reply 60 of 264

Lot's of drama, not a smooth roll out.

Too bad, so sad....

But it is what it is......

A missed opportunity