Majority of Google Play reviews for Apple's Android Beats Pill+ app are abusive

Comments

• Reply 41 of 94
    wigbywigby Posts: 692member
    I doubt that very much.

Tim Cook was just bragging about it during the quarterly financials.
  • Reply 42 of 94
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    I do but most on here don't (know that any such statement about a group from surveys is based on the average, median, or modal person, not all, right?) including yourself.
    Btw it's not all from surveys but from comments.

Huh?

Maybe you need to fix your wording.

There, I didn't think I needed to spell out something you wrote.
  • Reply 43 of 94
    ksecksec Posts: 1,569member
    I seriously think playing the Hard Ball game on Android user doesn't do any good for Apple. Instead, they should create the best App in class to compete.

There will always be trolls. As long as the Apps are up to a very high quality standard i think the best thing to do as always with trolls, are simply to ignore them.
  • Reply 44 of 94
    wigby wrote: »

What does Tim Cook's statement have to do with my post!?

Did you read the rest of the thread, or is it an issue with the way I worded it, or is it a problem of comprehension?
  • Reply 45 of 94
    sirlance99sirlance99 Posts: 1,293member
    apple ][ wrote: »
    Fandroids in general are a lower class of people, so this sort of behavior is not unexpected.

Gosh, what a cesspool of uninformed lowlifes.

I am so glad I inhabit a completely different reality.

grblade wrote: »
    Unfortunately, Android seems to attract the lowest common denominator of people.

Surprised those morons can even spell.

I doubt that very much.

No. And you know better, but you are deliberately disingenuous about this. You know that there are Android users and there are Android fanboys. One of these two groups of people would consider switching to iOS, while the other would never entertain the notion. And only one of those groups of people would spend their time attacking Apple online.
    PS, absolutely nobody cares what you own. It never ceases to amaze me how many people think that adds credibility to what they post. If you need a credibility boost, then you're concern trolling.

And nice try trying to imply all fanboys (fanboyism) are equally bad, when Android fans are far angrier, reactionary, and vexatious. Oh but don't take it from me, or DED, who provokes trolls. Take it from Marco Arment, a level headed and published developer who has been famously critical of Apple:

http://www.marco.org/2013/01/21/anti-apple-anger

Everyone should read that link all the way through, as its relates to what DED is saying in this article.

C'mon now, admit it: you smiled at this, didn't you?

This is stupid people being completely ignorant but it comes from both sides. Remember when Instagram came to Android and the iPhone users being just as disrespectful? Or the whole blue color against green color for iMessage? It comes from both sides.

iPhone snobbery greets Instagram's Android app

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/05/tech/mobile/android-iphone-instagram/

Check Out All These Hideous iPhone Elitists Making Fun Of Android Instagrammers

http://www.cultofmac.com/158610/check-out-all-these-hideous-iphone-elitists-making-fun-of-android-instagrammers/
  • Reply 46 of 94
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Oh but don't take it from me, or DED, who provokes trolls. Take it from Marco Arment, a level headed and published developer who has been famously critical of Apple:

http://www.marco.org/2013/01/21/anti-apple-anger

Everyone should read that link all the way through, as its relates to what DED is saying in this article.

Great article, thanks. And to the fellow who won't read AppleInsider anymore, I presume you haven't followed DED. You'd be familiar with his non-Apple whistle blowing/myth busting. Apple whistle blowing/myth busting, not so much.

Disclosure: My youngest daughter's Apple stock is paying for her private high school.

• Reply 47 of 94
    adrayven wrote: »
    This is Google's fault mainly. If they didn't allow reviews by people who have not purchased/downloaded, MOST of those reviews wouldn't exist..

It should not be treated as an open message-board to anyone who has not actively downloaded and installed the app.. This is what you get when you do.

ecats wrote: »
    Another possible alternative is to allow the reviewer to choose from a set of minimum usage times before a review can be posted and pair this with a reporting facility for fraudulent/falsely advertised apps.

Google Play allowing persons to write reviews for apps they haven't even downloaded is absurd and only facilitates false reviews.

Not defending the dumb Android people that wrote these stupid reviews but the article is actually wrong on this subject. You do have to download the app before writing a review.
  • Reply 48 of 94
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    wigby wrote: »
    I doubt that very much.

[@]anantksundaram[/@] doubts that they are morons, not that they switched.
  • Reply 49 of 94
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    clexman wrote: »
    So few developers, yet Apple took the time to develop for the platform...

Since when did Apple take android seriously?!! You'd see iTunes, Apple apps and more in there.

I think this app and Apple Music for android is a bad idea.
    sirlance99 wrote: »

This is stupid people being completely ignorant but it comes from both sides. Remember when Instagram came to Android and the iPhone users being just as disrespectful? Or the whole blue color against green color for iMessage? It comes from both sides.

iPhone snobbery greets Instagram's Android app

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/05/tech/mobile/android-iphone-instagram/

Check Out All These Hideous iPhone Elitists Making Fun Of Android Instagrammers

http://www.cultofmac.com/158610/check-out-all-these-hideous-iphone-elitists-making-fun-of-android-instagrammers/

The thing is, research has shown them to be low class, less intelligent people. You don't need statistics or research for this though.
  • Reply 50 of 94
    froodfrood Posts: 771member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyFX View Post

1/3 of the new iPhones purchased last quarter were former android owners, this is pretty common knowledge and well documented if you want to check.

Also, just as a side note, 1/3 of android owners couldn't be 2 sigma's from the mean, it's statistically (virtually) impossible.

1/3 of new iPhones being purchased by former android owners would not mean Apple got 1/3 of Android users....  just sayin

• Reply 51 of 94
    cali wrote: »
    Since when did Apple take android seriously?!! You'd see iTunes, Apple apps and more in there.

I think this app and Apple Music for android is a bad idea.
    The thing is, research has shown them to be low class, less intelligent people. You don't need statistics or research for this though.

Not denying that at all. Not all Android users are in that group but a large majority are. Although, there are a lot of iPhone users that are low class and less intelligent that come in for the free iphone upgrade as well.
  • Reply 52 of 94
  • Reply 53 of 94
    sirlance99 wrote: »

(Lots of pointless cutting and pasting)

Um.. What? What does a set of responses from Apple enthusiasts in an Apple fan blog about a set of abusive Androiders on the Android app review site have to do with some iPhone-using lowlifes and morons posting about Instagram on Twitter?

Can you point to similar comments in Apple's App reviews about anything Android or Google? If not (and I doubt you will), move along.

Apples and oranges. Or you're clueless -- as are people like @dasanman69 -- about what is actually being discussed here.
  • Reply 54 of 94
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cali View Post

I don't think Apple should let droids use Beats apps.

With the growing rate of ?Music alone on Apple devices, I'm thinking it should also be Apple exclusive, don't make droids happy and it helps Apple in the long run. Why give away your eco system? Let them come get it.

how would that help? the google clone still works

• Reply 55 of 94
    (Deleted... Wrong thread! :embarrass)
  • Reply 56 of 94
    froodfrood Posts: 771member
    Majority of DED's Android reviews are abusive...
  • Reply 57 of 94
    brucemcbrucemc Posts: 1,541member
    frood wrote: »
    Majority of DED's Android reviews are abusive...
    Then don't read them, and spend your time on Android forums !
  • Reply 58 of 94
    koopkoop Posts: 337member
    A snarky article and 57 comments over 100 crappy app reviews on Google Play. You can't make this stuff up... lmao.
  • Reply 59 of 94
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cali View Post

I don't think Apple should let droids use Beats apps.

With the growing rate of ?Music alone on Apple devices, I'm thinking it should also be Apple exclusive, don't make droids happy and it helps Apple in the long run. Why give away your eco system? Let them come get it.

I agree.  They can also kick Google off of iOS, Mac OS and tvOS all together.

We can use bing for searching, I have found it to be better than Google lately.

• Reply 60 of 94
    joshajosha Posts: 901member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Fandroids in general are a lower class of people, so this sort of behavior is not unexpected.

Yes their mindless replies definitely fit the "picked the low up front cost"  android family.

It also shows their frustration with picking the INFERIOR platform.

Of course Google will add their reaction to their profile. But what advertiser would be interested in them?