Majority of Google Play reviews for Apple's Android Beats Pill+ app are abusive

124

Comments

  • Reply 61 of 94

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by schlack View Post



    well, android is a cheaper product...you get a different audience. nothing subjective in that statement.




    And here I thought android users drive Porsches. Clearly the person must have broken into the car to take the picture.

     

  • Reply 62 of 94
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post



    One day after launching the app for both iOS and Android, 40 Google Play users have posted given it five stars, while an overwhelming 60 have posted one star reviews, dripping with anger and claiming that the software gave them cancer, AIDS or causes "retardtion."

     

    Well to be fair, 40% of Android users are human. That's huge. 

     

     

     

    (I kid :D)

  • Reply 63 of 94
    mobiusmobius Posts: 378member
    As a long time Apple fan and user I find the snobbery in this thread extraordinarily embarrassing. And for a prominent Pro Apple website and so-called professional journalist to stoop to the depths of calling other human beings uneducated based on their choice of phone is extremely unprofessional, deliberately insulting and completely devalues the whole article.

    On the one hand you are decrying the abusiveness of the Google Play Store reviews, and on the other you throw abuse back and still assume you occupy the moral high ground. You are now wading knee deep in the same excrement of tribalism that so disgusted you in the first place.

    The opportunity has been missed to observe the mud slinging from afar, without getting your hands covered in mud too.

    The absurdity of it all is that it's only a damn phone. Anyone would think we are discussing the existence of a Devine being or the merits of a Socialist vs Conservative government.
  • Reply 64 of 94
    foggyhill wrote: »
    First rule of your type of comments. Say you own a Apple device when in fact your tone suggests otherwise.
    Second rule, don't discuss the fact, but deflect, you yup did that too.
    Use "fanboy" in an article (in a reverse psychology way, so use is original)
    Imply you somehow you were reading here, and that something somehow changed...
           When it hasn't, so you could not have been reading here.
    Imply a grand conspiracy without proof.
    Imply bias without proof. Merely being negative about Google is not proof of bias buddy.
    Low post count over a long period. Want me to check what those 54 posts say?

    etc . etc. etc.

    OK, get your news elsewhere... A more "unbiased" place like MR.. Right.... You'll fit right in there with the rest of the whiners.

    You're reading far more into this than I intended. I rarely post on this forum, that's all there is to it. The only reason I even saw the replies is that I had forgotten email notifications on.

    I am writing this comment on my iPad Air 2 and I use a Macbook Pro for work. I have a desktop PC at home running Win10 and OSX and my phone is Android (Galaxy S4). Apple makes a better tablet and laptop but I prefer Android phones and Windows desktops. Each of them has a bunch of flaws but for my uses that's the best setup right now.

    Just because someone uses a device you don't is no reason to say they are somehow inferior people. There are exactly the same kind of people on the Android side as shown by the article. It's ridiculous.

    The article is also wrong, you do need to install a Google Play store app before you can review it. That said, you don't have to actually use it, just install it. It works exactly the same on App Store. I shouldn't have to point out the many other parts of the article that try to take potshots against Android for no good reason.
  • Reply 65 of 94
    kasakka wrote: »
    While the issue is real, fanboyism is just stupid and so is the way this article is written. It's so deliberately pro-Apple and anti-Google it's ridiculous. I've noticed Appleinsider seems to not take any kind of critical look at what Apple are doing wrong and due to that I've now decided to find my Apple news elsewhere.

    PS. Yes I own Apple devices.

    Yep you got it! They don't even mention the Apple fanboys who are also leaving reviews on the Play Store bashing the idiot Android users leaving fake reviews. This is absolutely no different than what the Android users are doing.

    In time the original wave of fanboy reviews will be hidden by the actual reviews by users of the app.
  • Reply 66 of 94
    crowleycrowley Posts: 8,890member
    Some of the reviews are quite funny, and I don't think it's fanboyism behind them, just japery and good humor. You can find similarly creative reviews on Amazon against unusual products.

    It's not useful to Apple, but does bring some color to the GP store.
  • Reply 67 of 94
    If you can't Beats them, ignore them.
  • Reply 68 of 94
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Do Google apps on iOS get similar review comments? If they do I've never seen them. Yeah the YouTube app doesn't have great reviews but that's because the update is horrible. And complaints about Google not following iOS design guidelines seems fair criticism to me. They can still keep their branding without shelving material design down my throat.
  • Reply 69 of 94
    We can use bing for searching, I have found it to be better than Google lately.

    In what way? Can you provide examples? Reasons?
  • Reply 70 of 94
    paul94544paul94544 Posts: 1,027member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Phone-UI-Guy View Post





    The play store comments are meaningless. This article is biased as it was written by DED. Dude has lots of knowledge, but he spews a bunch of bias in the middle.



    You sir are just as biased

     

    \from the posted article about the two worlds:

     

    Apple’s recent success also exacerbates anti-Apple frustration. The computing industry clearly favored Windows’ libertarian-like policy for two decades as Apple languished and inexpensive Microsoft Windows PCs dominated the industry. But, in the last few years, the tides have shifted dramatically as PCs have lost some ground to Macs, and iOS and other “closed” smartphone and tablet platforms have succeeded. Nobody likes to think that their side is “losing,” especially after it was winning for so long.

    But neither side is absolutely correct for everyone: just as there’s no universally correct political philosophy, users of every platform have good reasons to choose it.

    The Windows and Android communities need to better understand why so many of us choose Apple, and the Apple community needs to better understand the large market of people who can’t or won’t.

  • Reply 71 of 94
    froodfrood Posts: 771member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by brucemc View Post





    Then don't read them, and spend your time on Android forums !

     

    The majority of DED's articles are abusive to Android, I didn't say I don't find them entertaining.  It is just as funny seeing him try to denigrade Android users for doing pretty much exactly what he does- and he is supposed to be the "journalist".

  • Reply 72 of 94
    indyfxindyfx Posts: 321member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Frood View Post

     

     

    1/3 of new iPhones being purchased by former android owners would not mean Apple got 1/3 of Android users....  just sayin


    Yeah... I have been over this several times, try to keep up.

    1/3 (oh wait... 30%) of new iPhone purchases this quarter were former android sufferers. My proposition was this group likely represented the top two sigma of android users (the two sigma reference is a statistical "contraction" meaning two sigmas from the mean, which in a typical bell curve distribution references the very top of the set)  

  • Reply 73 of 94
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,001member
    indyfx wrote: »
    frood wrote: »
     

    1/3 of new iPhones being purchased by former android owners would not mean Apple got 1/3 of Android users....  just sayin
    Yeah... I have been over this several times, try to keep up.
    1/3 (oh wait... 30%) of new iPhone purchases this quarter were former android sufferers. My proposition was this group likely represented the top two sigma of android users (the two sigma reference is a statistical "contraction" meaning two sigmas from the mean, which in a typical belle curve distribution references the very top of the set)  
    Cook specified that the 30 percent statistic applies to customers who upgraded from an Android device, not first-time buyers.

    Most of those are win backs. They previously had an iPhone and for whatever reason went to Android, and have now come back.
  • Reply 74 of 94
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    Just like there are people that switch from iOS to Android. What are they called?

    Imaginary.
  • Reply 75 of 94
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,001member
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    Just like there are people that switch from iOS to Android. What are they called?

    Imaginary.

    :lol: that's a good one
  • Reply 76 of 94
    indyfxindyfx Posts: 321member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Frood View Post

     

     

    The majority of DED's articles are abusive to Android, I didn't say I don't find them entertaining.  It is just as funny seeing him try to denigrade Android users for doing pretty much exactly what he does- and he is supposed to be the "journalist".




    "abusive"? How so? Calling something for what it is is not really being abusive. Mmmm... perhaps you are only using that word to try to equivocate the "abusive" posts your fellow android-ians made. As far as I can tell this kind of childish petulance is typical (for android supporters), as is hanging out on apple news sites posting nonsense  in the comments sections in an attempt to troll arguments. ;) 

  • Reply 77 of 94
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 14,577moderator
    Gosh, what a cesspool of uninformed lowlifes.

    I am so glad I inhabit a completely different reality.

    They come here too unfortunately. The current forum setup helps keep the worst of it out - the worst ones by far are people who have both Windows and Android products or exclusively Android, I think the Windows guys either just got old or people have just realised Windows isn't worth supporting any more. Daniel Dilger's articles always attract the worst. There was one a few months ago:

    1000

    This was Daniel's thread about the Samsung phone being faster than the iPhone and that person posted 12 comments in a row. They pick abusive usernames and most of the comments have some abuse in them like calling people sheep, deluded, fanboys and so on. You can see some of the usernames that have been signed up on the forum, they run out of ideas once someone takes the popular ones:

    iTard, iTard420, iTardHater, BaahiSheep, FanBoizm, isheep, isheeples, sheeple, timcookhater, notafanboy, notanapplefanboy, NotaFanBoy100, NotaFanBoyAtAll, notanisheep, NotASheep.

    Whenever this behaviour is pointed out, they say that Apple users behave the same but this isn't the case in the same way that when Android manufacturers copy Apple, they say everybody copies as if it's to the same extent and to vindicate their own bad behaviour.

    Daniel's articles put a pro-Apple slant on reports, that's no different than what pro-Android publications or authors do. The pro-Android authors and sites aren't met with the same abuse from Apple users. Someone asked a bunch of Android users their opinions on iPhone users here:

    http://www.computerworld.com/article/2500069/smartphones/what-android-fans-think-of-iphone-users.html
    https://plus.google.com/+MikeElgan/posts/Qg9ci5RTdCa

    Some comments even mentioned about Instagram going to Android and said it was infantile that iPhone users didn't want Android users using it, despite seeing those hundreds of comments before them. It's like they aren't aware of their own behaviour and why people might not want to be associated with it. Tech guys do this all the time. They post comments as if they are speaking from experience and are surprised when people don't automatically respect their abuse because they made it clear that they are the tech guys and know better than everyone else so their opinion is impartial and informed and they are letting the deluded people know what the best option is.

    There are clearly different demographics for each ecosystem, the following uses quite a large sample:

    http://www.forbes.com/sites/toddhixon/2014/04/10/what-kind-of-person-prefers-an-iphone/

    You can see the tech users are skewed towards Android. These are people like Steve Wozniak. They look for features and spec and dismiss design and user experience as superficial and for people too stupid to know how to use things. Whenever Daniel posts an article about Apple tech being functionally better in performance, features or value, that cuts right to their core because it's all they have. Those reasons are precisely why they didn't buy an Apple product.

    It's not clear what the motive for the abuse is though. Obviously they can get enjoyment out of annoying people but even when people are annoying it's usually to achieve something. They surely can't be expecting to convince people to move to Android or Windows products so the only conclusion they leave is that those people are not nice people to be around.

    They even do it with each other, Android threads that put different manufacturers against each other bring out similar abuse:

    http://www.androidauthority.com/nexus-6-vs-samsung-galaxy-note-4-569712/

    Will ?.
    Its just difficult to recommend the Nexus 6. The Galaxy Note 4 is better in almost every single way – features, display, battery, camera, more features and even in areas where Samsung was weak before like design and UI – they are not even issues Galaxy Note 4. Unless you got a burning desire for stock Android, I see no other reason to buy the Nexus 6 over the Galaxy Note 4…

    The Dark Knight
    Typical Samesung fanboy.

    Will ?.
    Typical Nexus SOCIALIST with no argument.

    Guest
    Richard Yarell worshipper!

    Will ?.
    ^SEN! (special education needs)

    They just seem to hit a demographic of abusive people. There are 1.4 billion active users on Android devices so the vocal ones online are not going to represent them all in the same way that Apple users online don't represent all of the hundreds of millions of iOS users but there are clearly behavioural differences that match up with the choice of product. I even find myself glancing at the phones people have as an initial indicator of whether I want to even have anything to do with them and it's based on this behavioural link that I've seen online, not affluence or education. It's getting harder the more that Android devices keep copying Apple's designs. If they could just put little green Android stickers on the back like Windows laptops have the Intel stickers, I'd be able to see them from across the road and keep a safe distance.
  • Reply 78 of 94
    indyfxindyfx Posts: 321member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post











    Most of those are win backs. They previously had an iPhone and for whatever reason went to Android, and have now come back.



    Just your supposition presented as fact, yes?

    Very few iPhone users migrate to android, so your supposition is flawed.(i.e. there aren't that many "reverse switchers" out there to come back)

  • Reply 79 of 94
    Marvin wrote: »
    They come here too unfortunately. The current forum setup helps keep the worst of it out - the worst ones by far are people who have both Windows and Android products or exclusively Android, I think the Windows guys either just got old or people have just realised Windows isn't worth supporting any more. Daniel Dilger's articles always attract the worst. There was one a few months ago:

    1000

    This was Daniel's thread about the Samsung phone being faster than the iPhone and that person posted 12 comments in a row. They pick abusive usernames and most of the comments have some abuse in them like calling people sheep, deluded, fanboys and so on. You can see some of the usernames that have been signed up on the forum, they run out of ideas once someone takes the popular ones:

    iTard, iTard420, iTardHater, BaahiSheep, FanBoizm, isheep, isheeples, sheeple, timcookhater, notafanboy, notanapplefanboy, NotaFanBoy100, NotaFanBoyAtAll, notanisheep, NotASheep.

    Whenever this behaviour is pointed out, they say that Apple users behave the same but this isn't the case in the same way that when Android manufacturers copy Apple, they say everybody copies as if it's to the same extent and to vindicate their own bad behaviour.

    Daniel's articles put a pro-Apple slant on reports, that's no different than what pro-Android publications or authors do. The pro-Android authors and sites aren't met with the same abuse from Apple users. Someone asked a bunch of Android users their opinions on iPhone users here:

    http://www.computerworld.com/article/2500069/smartphones/what-android-fans-think-of-iphone-users.html
    https://plus.google.com/+MikeElgan/posts/Qg9ci5RTdCa

    Some comments even mentioned about Instagram going to Android and said it was infantile that iPhone users didn't want Android users using it, despite seeing those hundreds of comments before them. It's like they aren't aware of their own behaviour and why people might not want to be associated with it. Tech guys do this all the time. They post comments as if they are speaking from experience and are surprised when people don't automatically respect their abuse because they made it clear that they are the tech guys and know better than everyone else so their opinion is impartial and informed and they are letting the deluded people know what the best option is.

    There are clearly different demographics for each ecosystem, the following uses quite a large sample:

    http://www.forbes.com/sites/toddhixon/2014/04/10/what-kind-of-person-prefers-an-iphone/

    You can see the tech users are skewed towards Android. These are people like Steve Wozniak. They look for features and spec and dismiss design and user experience as superficial and for people too stupid to know how to use things. Whenever Daniel posts an article about Apple tech being functionally better in performance, features or value, that cuts right to their core because it's all they have. Those reasons are precisely why they didn't buy an Apple product.

    It's not clear what the motive for the abuse is though. Obviously they can get enjoyment out of annoying people but even when people are annoying it's usually to achieve something. They surely can't be expecting to convince people to move to Android or Windows products so the only conclusion they leave is that those people are not nice people to be around.

    They even do it with each other, Android threads that put different manufacturers against each other bring out similar abuse:

    http://www.androidauthority.com/nexus-6-vs-samsung-galaxy-note-4-569712/

    Will ?.
    Its just difficult to recommend the Nexus 6. The Galaxy Note 4 is better in almost every single way – features, display, battery, camera, more features and even in areas where Samsung was weak before like design and UI – they are not even issues Galaxy Note 4. Unless you got a burning desire for stock Android, I see no other reason to buy the Nexus 6 over the Galaxy Note 4…

    The Dark Knight
    Typical Samesung fanboy.

    Will ?.
    Typical Nexus SOCIALIST with no argument.

    Guest
    Richard Yarell worshipper!

    Will ?.
    ^SEN! (special education needs)

    They just seem to hit a demographic of abusive people. There are 1.4 billion active users on Android devices so the vocal ones online are not going to represent them all in the same way that Apple users online don't represent all of the hundreds of millions of iOS users but there are clearly behavioural differences that match up with the choice of product. I even find myself glancing at the phones people have as an initial indicator of whether I want to even have anything to do with them and it's based on this behavioural link that I've seen online, not affluence or education. It's getting harder the more that Android devices keep copying Apple's designs. If they could just put little green Android stickers on the back like Windows laptops have the Intel stickers, I'd be able to see them from across the road and keep a safe distance.

    You make judgments on people based on a phone they have? That statement says more about you than the person with the phone.
  • Reply 80 of 94
    indyfx wrote: »

    Just your supposition presented as fact, yes?
    Very few iPhone users migrate to android, so you supposition is flawed.(i.e. there aren't that many "reverse switchers" out there to come back)

    Just your supposition presented as fact, yes?
Sign In or Register to comment.