Daniel Craig resisted Android phone placement in "Spectre" because "James Bond only uses the best"

Comments

• Reply 61 of 117
    sflocal wrote: »
    While I haven't seen the movie yet, it looks like Sony did put up enough "bribery" money.  I just saw the next "Spectre" commercial... sponsored by Sony for the Experia.

Knowing Bond is using an Android phone (to me) just diminishes the brand value of the Bond franchise.

The Z5 Premium has a 811 ppi 4K resolution, full aluminum body, water resistance, 21MP Sony Alpha sensor and actually runs a clean version of Android. Hate when people say "an Android" as if it's generalized. There are thousands of devices, a lot might be crap. But the Xperia, Galaxy S, and Nexus are the flagships
  • Reply 62 of 117
    nolamacguy wrote: »
    cool story bro

• Reply 63 of 117
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by deepen03 View Post

The Z5 Premium has a 811 ppi 4K resolution, full aluminum body, water resistance, 21MP Sony Alpha sensor and actually runs a clean version of Android. Hate when people say "an Android" as if it's generalized. There are thousands of devices, a lot might be crap. But the Xperia, Galaxy S, and Nexus are the flagships

The phone hardware might be okay. It’s Android that’s crap. Any phone running Android is therefore crap too. Is that hard to comprehend?

• Reply 64 of 117

What's next? Open Bond's garage, and instead of an Aston Martin, he's driving a product placed Yaris?

• Reply 65 of 117
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    What's next? Open Bond's garage, and instead of an Aston Martin, he's driving a product placed Yaris?

That's exactly what BMW did.
  • Reply 66 of 117
    Check out the best app for iPhone security. Free it is, and you can unblock any website! https://www.purevpn.com/vpn-app-for-ios.php
  • Reply 67 of 117
    I was ok with this article, even though I disagreed with some of it, until you starting spouting incorrect facts.

You claim the iPhone is the most popular phone yet it only holds 13% of the market share while Android based phones hold over 80% of the market share.

It's one thing to write about opinions and another when you are making completely false statements.
  • Reply 68 of 117
    cash907cash907 Posts: 893member
    And yet he said nothing about the Range Rover placement...
  • Reply 69 of 117
    cash907 wrote: »
    And yet he said nothing about the Range Rover placement...

Because they're a UK company. ;)
  • Reply 70 of 117
    irnchrizirnchriz Posts: 1,616member
    deepen03 wrote: »

You can roll a jobby in glitter but its still a jobby.
  • Reply 71 of 117
    irnchriz wrote: »

You can roll a jobby in glitter but its still a jobby.

I had to look that up, thanks for the laugh.
  • Reply 72 of 117
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zroger73 View Post

What is interesting and annoying to me is the mismatch of devices and the information they display in movies and on TV. For example, I've seen Macs running Windows, PCs running Mac OSs, both devices running fake programs, and everything in between. Regarding smartphones, Dallas (2012) had a mixture of mismatched smartphones and the sounds they make. You'd hear Apple ringtones coming from non-Apple devices and vice versa. Recently, there was an episode of The Middle showing what appears to be an HP laptop running OS X. Last season, there was another episode where Frankie was laying in bed using an old Windows laptop with a 4:3 aspect ratio screen, but the video overlay was a recent version of OS X. I guess the producers generally gather up any hardware they can find and use stock video overlays without regard to what is actually correct.

An HP laptop can run OSX since a Mac is a glorified PC now. (Has been since around 2005)  Which is why a Mac can also run Windows on a separate partition without ever entering OSX to get there.

Ringtones are easily changeable and easily downloadable.  I know many android users who use the default apple ringtones because they converted from an iPhone.  I also know iPhone users that will change to the various ringtones set by different android manufacturers after switching.

On top of that most carriers will set a default ringtone that carries over between devices and phones.  AT&T and Verizon are two that do this.

• Reply 73 of 117
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Originally Posted by zroger73 View Post

...without regard to what is actually correct.

The Red Dwarf one never gets old. No matter how many times I watch that clip I still always smile when he says "uncrop".

• Reply 74 of 117
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by koop View Post

James Bond could use an iPhone. Of course Q has to jailbreak it to run useful spy apps, and then Apple patches over it and oh what a mess. ;)

"Get tools and resources to transform your mobile workforce with enterprise-class iOS and Mac apps, distributed seamlessly and securely within your organization. Join the Apple Developer Enterprise program for $299 per year and get everything you need to start distributing proprietary in-house apps to your employees."

https://developer.apple.com/programs/enterprise/

And by the way the filmmakers could use that program to legitimately install fake apps on the prop iPhone for filming purposes.

• Reply 75 of 117
    811ppi? :lol::lol::lol:

Reminds me when ink jet printers were marketing 2000dpi and beyond. As if it meant something to the specs chasers.
  • Reply 76 of 117

I would think that MGM, having recently come out of bankruptcy, would tell them to just suck it up and be happy they are getting paid.

• Reply 77 of 117
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dysamoria View Post

Ah yes... Techno-fantasy.

good grief - did anyone watch this

techno-bullshit - poor acting, dreadful dialogue - is it necessary for one actor to use the acronym, and the other to spit out the translation for stupid enough to watch this shit

this is horrible - i almost threw up

• Reply 78 of 117
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,056member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by deepen03 View Post

I switched from iPhone to Galaxy devices in 2013 and have never looked back. Using and enjoying an s6 edge now

Yes, we know. All the world knows, along with everything you've ever done with it. 

• Reply 79 of 117
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,056member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tenly View Post

I decided long ago, the shows are much more enjoyable to just ignore the inaccuracies or chuckle under my breath, let them slide and follow the story.

Concur. I also concluded some time ago that my suspension of belief is part of the story experience. I *like* looking for all the absurdities. One of my all time favorites is watching supposed "military" operations with squads of "commandos" going into battle, armed to the teeth, all with huge firepower searching in the dark in a tense scene...now watch all of them sweep their loaded barrels past all their comrades with their fingers on the trigger. Makes me laugh every time.

From the AI article though - I did not know Apple did placements for free. Interesting.

• Reply 80 of 117

Just looking at those screen shots of that horrendous UI makes me want to hurl chunks, right along with your delusions of that piece of shit being superior in any way shape or form to an iPhone, especially the 6S, which SLAUGHTERS your precious Qualcomm ARM SoC by the way.

Nice try Fandroid, now Keep Calm and Get the F Out