Apple's iPad Pro pegged for Friday, Nov. 13 release by Sam's Club, others

Posted:
in iPad edited November 2015
Apple's jumbo-sized iPad Pro is set to launch in one week, on next Friday, Nov. 13, according to retail chain Sam's Club, which has begun accepting preorders on its website.

Sam's Club sent out an email to customers on Friday advertising the launch of the iPad Pro next week, starting at a discounted price of $787 for members. AppleInsider readers Ken and "Kodiak Club" reached out with details from the promotional email.

The Nov. 13 launch also aligns with details heard by keyboard maker Pozible, which contacted AppleInsider on Friday claiming to have details from within China's reseller network. They were told that iPad Pro units will begin arriving next Wednesday, Nov. 11, but resellers have been instructed to not begin selling the units to customers until Friday.

Earlier rumors had suggested the iPad Pro and accompanying accessories would launch on Nov. 11. But Friday's leaks would suggest that customers will have to wait a few more days.

Apple typically introduces its new products on either a Tuesday or a Friday. In addition, next Wednesday is the Veterans Day holiday in the U.S.

The company had previously announced a broad "November" window for its 12.9-inch touchscreen tablet. Suggested retail prices start at $799 for the 32-gigabyte model, $949 for a 128-gigabyte version, and $1,079 for 128 gigabytes with LTE connectivity.

All models boast a beefed-up A9X processor and 4 gigabytes of RAM. The device's Retina display with 5.6 million pixels is large enough to run two full-size iPad Air apps side by side.

Official accessories include the Apple Pencil for $99, and the Smart Keyboard for $169.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    thrangthrang Posts: 1,008member
    Why would a Pro model sell through a Sam's Club, at least on launch? This does not seem to be a product for most of that customer base.
  • Reply 2 of 15
    Quote:

Originally Posted by thrang View Post

Why would a Pro model sell through a Sam's Club, at least on launch? This does not seem to be a product for most of that customer base.

Sam's Club sells items 10 times the cost of the most expensive iPad Pro model. 

• Reply 3 of 15
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 2,000member
    Quote:

Sams Club is a Walmart store and Walmart sells Apple products like iPads and iPhones and iPods.  So it is just one of the products that is new.   You can buy a 128GB 6S+ through Walmart (but not necessarily in store) I think as well.

Plus Sam's Club seems to try to be going upscale as a Costco wannabe.

• Reply 4 of 15
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member
    Quote:

Well, the article's not wrong, but what I find curious about it is that 

Apple would have enough of them available at launch to bother with this sort of outlet...

I'd have thought their own online and physical stores would be sold out by dawn.

• Reply 5 of 15
    If Apple didn't have these in the retail channel for Black Friday then the analysts and naysayers would positively tear Apple a new one.
  • Reply 6 of 15
    boredumb wrote: »
    Apple would have enough of them available at launch to bother with this sort of outlet...
    I'd have thought their own online and physical stores would be sold out by dawn.

1. Preorders have not begun
    2. Units are reserved for retail at launch
  • Reply 7 of 15
    Well the only ones they have available when you go there to actually order are the 32GB models. They must have sold the 3 iPad pros they had that were 128GB (one of each color). Lol
  • Reply 8 of 15
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Using the iPad Pro flat on the table drawing with the Pencil or propped up with the Smart Cover makes sense, but holding it as pictured is very quickly going to cause fatigue, cramped hands and other symptoms due to poor ergonomics. The device is too big to be used like that. I have an iPad 3 and it gets uncomfortable after a few minutes. Even though the 3 weighs more than an Air, it is lighter than the Pro.

• Reply 9 of 15
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member

My plan is to get iPad Pro through AT&T NEXT. They haven't announced it yet, but I'm sure it is coming.

• Reply 10 of 15
    mstone wrote: »
    Using the iPad Pro flat on the table drawing with the Pencil or propped up with the Smart Cover makes sense, but holding it as pictured is very quickly going to cause fatigue, cramped hands and other symptoms due to poor ergonomics. The device is too big to be used like that. I have an iPad 3 and it gets uncomfortable after a few minutes. Even though the 3 weighs more than an Air, it is lighter than the Pro.

Agreed. Watching a 2 hour movie on my phone cramps my hand let alone an iPad or bigger still iPad pro.
  • Reply 11 of 15
    I'm wondering if Apple could require distributors of their products to accept ApplePay within a period of time to get more vendors participating with ApplePay.
  • Reply 12 of 15
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by boredumb View Post

1. Preorders have not begun

2. Units are reserved for retail at launch

Okay, but not contradictory.  If you look at their site, they do say "available 11/13/15", 

which doesn't change my view that it's odd a warehouse style venue - sort of the antithesis of an Apple Store -

would have any available at launch - eventually, certainly - but initially?  

I thought we'd read here a few weeks ago that the initial product run wouldn't be that large,

so...how many ?Watches did Sam's Club have on launch day???

(Incidentally, you can't order them any longer at Sam's Club - whether they sold out their availability,

or Apple put the brakes on them for now, who knows?)

• Reply 13 of 15
    adonissmuadonissmu Posts: 1,776member

You've always been able to purchase Apple Products at Sams for the longest time. Why is this a revelation?

• Reply 14 of 15
    son3son3 Posts: 7member
    razormaid wrote: »
    Agreed. Watching a 2 hour movie on my phone cramps my hand let alone an iPad or bigger still iPad pro.
  • Reply 15 of 15
    son3son3 Posts: 7member
    razormaid wrote: »
    Agreed, I really wish the iPad pro came in the iPad Air2 form factor - the would be ideal! More portable, with the stylus and upgraded processor