How long was YOUR Apple Store Line?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    [quote]Originally posted by drewprops:

<strong>Eugene, what do you use to create your photo albums?

&lt;snip&gt;

Always interested in an easier solution!</strong><hr></blockquote>

I'm using the best web gallery software ever! It's called Gallery, and you can get it at <a href="http://gallery.sourceforge.net/"; target="_blank">http://gallery.sourceforge.net/</a>; The toughest part is installation because you need to install a set of command-line image manipulation tools called NetPBM. That alone is not that tough, but before you compile that, you need to get libjpeg, libpng, libtiff and other stuff.

Gallery comes in a .tar archive. You just unpack the archive into the website's directory and run the configure script to set-up your administrator password and stuff. After you finish setting it up, you can 'secure' the gallery and start using it right away. Everything is web-based. You add, rotate, crop, resize photos all via the web interface.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    The Palisades line was really long and the store was more crowded then it was for the opening I think. I would've tried to get there early to be at the front of the line like I did for the opening, but I was at a movie with a few friends so I got downstairs to the Apple Store as quickly as I could. It was about 10:00 when I got there and I was pretty far back in the line but they seemed to let everyone in pretty quickly. I must've filled out like 30 things to win the 17" iMac, I was searching throughout the store to see if I could find any other entry forms. The one thing I was pissed about was that the Jaguar shirts were only for people that purchased Jaguar or a computer. Oh well, a mousepad is good enough I guess.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    surfratsurfrat Posts: 341member
    I was at the Apple Store in the Valley Fair Mall in San Jose. The line was FREAKING long. At first I thought I was kinda far back in the line...but then more people came, and more, and more, and then more, and then even more. It was crazy, but alot of fun. I got a free Jaguar mousepad, and a sticker that says "Purrrfect" overlayed on the Jaguar skin. Not bad for doin nothin!
  • Reply 24 of 26
    dave k.dave k. Posts: 1,306member
    [quote]Originally posted by drewprops:

<strong>The one in Atlanta was supposedly about twice as long as the line they had at opening day. We got there around 10:20 and we didn't get into the store until about 12:25am.

They were blown away by the turnout.

So were my feet~</strong><hr></blockquote>

The Buffalo NY store was packed. There was between 250 and 400 hundred people. A great event for Apple and a great event in general. I hope Apple does the same thing for 10.3.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    Dave k. I was at the buffalo NY apple store as well did you see my friend with the jaguar print hair?
  • Reply 26 of 26
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
    I was at the Denver, Co. Aspen Grove store. I got there around 8:15, so I was fourth in line. It was a large turnout though, I would say somewhere around 5-600 from what I could tell. I just walked away with a mousepad as well since I will have jaguar pre-installed on my 17" imac whenever it gets here. It was my first Apple event and I had a great time, and it seems like everyone else did also. The employees were great and informed us that corporate was giving away 1 17" imac and each store would be giving away an emac combo. the drawing will be held on monday. they also said that they would stay open until everyone was able to come inside and get what they need. Anyway it was sweet.