Apple shares dive on rumors of weak iPhone 6s demand

Comments

• Reply 21 of 108
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ingela View Post

There was a lot of pent up demand for a larger iPhone. I don;t think anyone ever described the look of the iPhone 6 as beautiful. Or at least not like the previous ones. The knee-jerk reaction to the 5s was always to describe it as sexy. 

The screen is great looking and IMHO that's the part the matters, if you're focused on the back? You're truly "holding it wrong".

The 5/5s? lol, now the 4 series was gorgeous, heavy but gorgeous.

• Reply 22 of 108
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    ingela wrote: »
    Yeah, that Apple design has always been thought of as sexy and lust-worthy. That's what Steve Jobs brought to industrial design on consumer gadgets.

You're using your eyes only, stuck on surface looks. Learn to use your sense of touch.

Ask your girlfriend to show you how.

The 6/6 Plus design is a marriage of visual and tactile. You are completely missing that.
  • Reply 23 of 108
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jfc1138 View Post

The screen is great looking and IMHO that's the part the matters, if you're focused on the back? You're truly "holding it wrong".

The 5/5s? lol, now the 4 series was gorgeous, heavy but gorgeous.

Well take a look at the front of the Note 5. Hardly any bezel, larger higher resolution amoled screen with a smaller footprint.. It is by far the nicest screen on a phone I have ever seen. Most reviewers say the same thing. Certainly nicer than the iPhone 6 in that respect. So yeah I am holding it right. You are just a silly fanboi that cannot think for him/herself. 

• Reply 24 of 108
    "the Note 5 on looks alone is far more elegant than the dopey looking 6" - ingela

I LOLed.
  • Reply 25 of 108
    tzeshantzeshan Posts: 2,351member

Google has updated Android OS to 6.0 which essentially steal/copy all iOS 9 features.  Cook has decided not pursuing thermonuclear war against the thieves.  This year a lot of Android copycats brought out smartphones which look and perform the same or better than iPhone 6s according to reviews from Forbes, etc.  US carriers has stopped giving discount to new iPhones with two year contract.  The new iPhone is a few hundred dollars more expensive than before.  This will make more people reluctant to upgrade.  I think iPhone sales has hit a wall just like iPad two years ago. 

AppleTV is uninteresting.  What is TV.  TV originates from broadcasters using TV and airwaves as the medium.  The TV networks are already threatened by internet.  How much business can Apple expect from the networks?

AppleCar like Google Glass is just a gimmick.  

• Reply 26 of 108
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TechLover View Post

I just came up with a great idea that I have never see anyone mention before.

Apple should go private.

;)

In case it's not perfectly clear, I am making a joke.

At your service:

http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/183244/apple-continues-to-dominate-with-massive-86-share-of-handset-industry-profits/40#post_2634368

• Reply 27 of 108
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    sog35 wrote: »
    Just bought 400 more shares.

I bet Tim is too!
  • Reply 28 of 108

Quote:

I would go with the Note 5, Great screen, larger but with the same overall size , but far sexier. The 6 series is the worst looking iPhone to date.... Like I said above, the Note 5 on looks alone is far more elegant than the dopey looking 6.

As a longtime reporter and editor, my press release bullet points Spidey-sense just started to tingle....

• Reply 29 of 108
    normmnormm Posts: 653member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDBA View Post

Well this plays right into Apple's plans and their stock buy back. A few more years of BS like this and who knows. Apple Inc. may be majority share holder of AAPL.

Apple retires the stock it buys, making all other investors' stock represent a larger share of the company.  It is not a share holder in itself.

• Reply 30 of 108
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cincytee View Post

As a longtime reporter and editor, my press release bullet points Spidey-sense just started to tingle....

It's about being informed. lol

• Reply 31 of 108
    wizard69 wrote: »
    OK whom out there believes this? I really don't know because I don't follow cell phone sales in general. This report though seems to come out of nowhere and is slightly at odds with what I do know.

To the chagrin of their oldest reader-base, AnandTech rated it very favorably. That's to say that people are therefore buying it, but my bet is that Apple breaks holiday records again this year.
    Or you can just read the comments: "720p screen in 2015, worse battery life, no sd slot, no wiress charging, terrible camera and still THE BEST phone huh?"
  • Reply 32 of 108
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    I believe it. It wouldn't surprise me. If I was in the market for a big phone I would go with the Note 5, Great screen, larger but with the same overall size , but far sexier. The 6 series is the worst looking iPhone to date. Which is a very shallow aspect, but lust-worthiness has always been an Apple feature. This time around it just looks like any other junk gadget. Like I said above, the Note 5 on looks alone is far more elegant than the dopey looking 6. I would go for it myself with how much they have discounted it recently, but instead will wait to see what the 7 looks like, and what features it has.

Funny how you defend a junk gadget.

I could not for the life of me understand how a 'Droid can claim any iKnockoff has good or even decent design when all they are is iPhones in a different case with buggy spyware software.

Judge Sammy for their own designs not their wannabe pseudo iPhones.

Yeah, that Apple design has always been thought of as sexy and lust-worthy. That's what Steve Jobs brought to industrial design on consumer gadgets.

Thank You!

%99.9 of android phones are Steve Jobs/Apple inventions.
  • Reply 33 of 108
    Quote:

...My 5s... ...is too pretty to replace with that ugly dopey looking thing the 6/6s...

Obviously so many agree with you. Hardly hear anything positive about the 6 family of phones. The money Apple continues to throw down the toilet trying to make it successful is ridiculous (see ABC News or Fortune

If you really don't see any value in iPhone 6 don't buy one. I am sure there were people that bought the first iPhone and felt the same way about the 3G/3GS.

(I have a feeling you just might be a Fandroid lover trying to seek in under the troll radar.)

Note: we usually end a sentence here with a period, not a return, and not a comma. There is the occasional   time that we use the ¡ (inverted exclamation mark) to indicate sarcasm.

• Reply 34 of 108

...and hold on to your tidy whities, I said I would hold on to 5s until the 7. If I didn't care about software and malware, I would have jumped on the Note 5 along time ago. But with the malware mess that is Android, I can only see more and more people abndon ship for the iPhone regardless how nice the newest  Android device is.

Google has a  huge problem on it's hands with Android that is only going to get worse unless it jumps in there and makes some drastic changes.

• Reply 35 of 108
    Buying opportunity. Seriously, this is a standard exercise in "creating a entry opportunity"
  • Reply 36 of 108
    Once again, Apple Insider allows itself to become a tool of the Apple-bashing tech and financial press that it rightfully lambasts in its editorials. Honestly, this story might as well have been a release the Credit Suisse PR office. Try this for a revised headline and opening paragraph:

APPLE SHARES DROP ON RUMORS FROM APPLE-BASHING CREDIT SUISSE

Credit Suisse--the convicted, scandal-plagued investment house that paid billions in fines for conpiracy to aid tax evasion--doubled-down yet again today on its doom forecasts for Apple, despite a track record of utter failure since it began issuing these forecasts with the iPhone 5. For the record, Credit Suisse has previously forecast doom for Apple's stock price, its iPhone profit margins and its strategy of being a premium smartphone company.

With that it mind--and in complete contradiction to Tim Cook's report to investors less than two weeks ago...
  • Reply 37 of 108

Is wall street so fickle that based on unverified report from an unknown analyst, they are bringing this stock down? Tomorrow, someone will come up with some ridiculous  rumor that "Tim Cook sneezed and he has serious case of cold" - This could translated into Apple company has to run without someone on helm for maybe a week. This will cause Apple to go down by 10 points.

This guys was looking for a 15 minutes of fame, which he got it. We will be back to positive by end of day or recover today's lost in day to two.

• Reply 38 of 108
    Really? How come people are not that interested in a 1000$ unlocked phone once you added some memory and mandatory accessories?

There is only so much you can squeeze out of a pack of lemons. I am keeping my 4S for as long as it's going to last.
  • Reply 39 of 108
    sog35 wrote: »
    FACT: Tim Cook said he expects iPhone unit sales in Dec quarter to grow YoY.

FACT: iPhone suppliers like Skyworks, Qorvo, and Avago all guided for YoY revenue growth for December quarter.

Now Credit Suisse says iPhone sales are weak based on an unverified report from an unverified supplier.

So who are you going to trust?  Apple and iPhone suppliers who are guiding for YoY iPhone growth or these guys:

<h1 style="border:0px;color:rgb(0,0,0);margin-top:0px;padding-bottom:0px;padding-right:1em;vertical-align:baseline;width:auto;">Credit Suisse Pleads Guilty, Pays $2.6 Billion To Settle U.S. Tax Evasion Charges</h1>

http://www.forbes.com/sites/greatspeculations/2014/05/20/credit-suisse-pleads-guilty-pays-2-6-billion-to-settle-u-s-tax-evasion-charges/

Credit Suisse are the same CLOWNS that said iPhone6 margins would be the worst EVER.

<h1 style="border:0px;color:rgb(51,51,51);margin-bottom:0px;margin-top:0px;padding-bottom:0px;vertical-align:baseline;">iPhones are getting bigger but their profit margins are shrinking</h1>

http://qz.com/263316/iphones-are-getting-bigger-but-their-profit-margins-are-shrinking/

or how about Credit Suzzie giving Apple a $75 price target

[SIZE=20px]Credit Suisse Sees Panic Taking Over in Apple Stock[/SIZE]

http://247wallst.com/consumer-electronics/2013/09/11/credit-suisse-sees-panic-taking-over-in-apple-stock/

Credit Suisse are the same IDIOTS who said Apple staying in the premium phone business only was a MISTAKE:

"In aggregate, we remain [SIZE=20px]disappointed with Apple’s decision to remain a premium priced smartphone vendor[/SIZE], and this continues to competitively expose the company and limits its TAM and growth." Credit Suisse

Dumb idiots wanted Apple to make a cheap iPhone. IDIOTS.

BOTTOM LINE IS CREDIT SUISSE HAS ZERO CREDIBILITY. 

THEY SAID APPLE WAS WORTH $75.
    THEY ARE GUILTY OF TAX EVASION.
    THEY SAID MARGINS ON THE IPHONE 6 WOULD BE HORRIBLE.
    THEY SAID APPLE SHOULD MAKE CHEAP PHONES.
    **** THESE IDIOTS.

Maybe the Swiss are just pissed at how Apple is taking away their watch revenues ;)
  • Reply 40 of 108
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NormM View Post

Apple retires the stock it buys, making all other investors' stock represent a larger share of the company.  It is not a share holder in itself.

I somehow doubt that it's as simple as you say it is. Mind you I don't know much about stocks and trades but IMO it would be a very dumbass move on Apple's part to simply retire the stock but still let remaining stockholders 100% ownership of the company. 

What you probably meant is, that when Apple buys, let's say 5% of its shares back, then that is 5% less out in the open market. That 5% control of the company is now controlled by Apple Inc.